2019 Player X v Y v Z

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pick two of McRae, Fyfe & Neale.
Was mucking around in Spotfire at work today, thought this might be interesting.
Looking at their last three reasonably complete seasons (2016-2018 for Macrae and Neale, 2015, 2017-18 for Fyfe), with pre-/post-bye further down:
Ceiling over period: Fyfe (e.g. Q3 value)
Durability: Neale, Fyfe a distant third.
Consistency: Neale (but to be fair, blokes like Fyfe / Macrae with the huge ceiling will have more spread and as C/VC options, it’s sometimes what you start / bring them in for – situational / side balance)
1551703094896.png

Looking by year, first prior to end of bye rounds (took that as up to rd 14 for simplicity):
Fyfe stellar and importantly few games missed, Macrae was building to full-premo, Neale Old Faithful:
1551703162512.png

Post-bye (Note: Freo had the by rd 15 2016, but didn’t want to jerk around with filter settings)
Fyfe missed several games (and also missed entire H2 2016, but partly tactical there, I guess) and his average suffers. Neale surges to the line, Macrae also, but that’s partly general breakout, I guess.
1551703190358.png
If you’re going Fyfe at all, you probably want to go him in the starting side as in general his output has been better in the first half of seasons.

I prefer high-floor blokes for the starters, others want the ceiling, which is fair enough.

Would personally go Neale and Macrae as the other as he is in general more durable than Fyfe and of late can match Fyfe’s ceiling.

This was just a superficial look, so there might be flaws in the logic which others can spot.

Martin and Brayshaw vs Oliver and B Crouch.
Piggy and Brouch

Goldy Macrae Vs Treloar Gawn?
Gawn and Treloar (Coniglio is a better option tTreloar though)

Laird and B.Crouch

vs

Witherden and M.Crouch
Laird and Brouch

Libba v B crouch v taranto
Libba > Taranto > Brouch

Whitfield + Collins
vs
Newman + Smith

Macrae + Sheed/BCrouch
vs
Bont + Zerrett/Brayshaw/Sloane
Whitfield and Collins.
Macrae and Brouch

Collins, Daniel and Crouch
or
123k rookie DEF/FWD, Greene and Fyfe
2nd option.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was mucking around in Spotfire at work today, thought this might be interesting.
Looking at their last three reasonably complete seasons (2016-2018 for Macrae and Neale, 2015, 2017-18 for Fyfe), with pre-/post-bye further down:
Ceiling over period: Fyfe (e.g. Q3 value)
Durability: Neale, Fyfe a distant third.
Consistency: Neale (but to be fair, blokes like Fyfe / Macrae with the huge ceiling will have more spread and as C/VC options, it’s sometimes what you start / bring them in for – situational / side balance)
View attachment 629377

Looking by year, first prior to end of bye rounds (took that as up to rd 14 for simplicity):
Fyfe stellar and importantly few games missed, Macrae was building to full-premo, Neale Old Faithful:
View attachment 629378

Post-bye (Note: Freo had the by rd 15 2016, but didn’t want to jerk around with filter settings)
Fyfe missed several games (and also missed entire H2 2016, but partly tactical there, I guess) and his average suffers. Neale surges to the line, Macrae also, but that’s partly general breakout, I guess.
View attachment 629379
If you’re going Fyfe at all, you probably want to go him in the starting side as in general his output has been better in the first half of seasons.

I prefer high-floor blokes for the starters, others want the ceiling, which is fair enough.

Would personally go Neale and Macrae as the other as he is in general more durable than Fyfe and of late can match Fyfe’s ceiling.

This was just a superficial look, so there might be flaws in the logic which others can spot.

tenor-64.gif

Laird, collins and libba

Or

Williams, 102k loop and piggy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back