Teams 2019 Rate My Team (Pre JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from that backline ....great side

Bringing Withers back in the side looks like this and the noteable trade Buddy OUT and Toby IN.

Backline better.JPG

Not sure which team i like more from my 2 i posted and this one also has Bennell in.

Bringing Withers back in the side looks this and the noteable trade Buddy OUT and Toby IN.

View attachment 610940

Not sure which team i like more from my 2 i posted and this one also has Bennell in.

Witherden versus Blakely for my D2 will be interesting over the JLT .........I just posted a training review in the Rookies thread ...Wingard burning the track up, normally this time of the year he's playing cards with the staff in the Medical Room

Witherden versus Blakely for my D2 will be interesting over the JLT .........I just posted a training review in the Rookies thread ...Wingard burning the track up, normally this time of the year he's playing cards with the staff in the Medical Room

Other way i could of gone was to keep Bubby and make money in the mid field but that meant either 1 of Kelly or Fyfe had to go to make way for Wingard to free up the funds.

I couldn't do it and i see Buddy and Greene closer points wise than what Wingard will be regarding getting close to Kelly or Fyfe.

Love the C.Curnow pick :thumbsu:

Had him all season last year as well and with the team we had he still did ok and i expect big things this season because Harry McKay has come on taking pressure off him. New rules also help regarding zoning and Charlie is a 1 V 1 beast.

Got me off to a great start last season as he took the 3 Brownlow votes with a demolition of Rance to open the season!

My team was Top 500 ranked after Rd 1 last season!

Other way i could of gone was to keep Bubby and make money in the mid field but that meant either 1 of Kelly or Fyfe had to go to make way for Wingard to free up the funds.

I couldn't do it and i see Buddy and Greene closer points wise than what Wingard will be regarding getting close to Kelly or Fyfe.
Did you see the training update re Buddy .....still restricted to the Weights Room ...just starting to run, 32 years old in a few days, body may start to pack up

Your structure is very similar to mine ......I hear what you're saying, I'd prefer Wingard over Greene ATM .....we still keep coming back to the original discussion point .....don't think your side can afford Lloyd

Pffft! You're not trying hard enough.

FTFY. :thumbsu:

Not really.

Sloane, Sicily, Smith, Dunkley, Steele have risk to them but no more than most players. All bar Smith and Sicily are priced at their floors, and Sicily has risk but also has much more reward to his name (if he doesn't get suspended - he's a top 3 defender overall). And Smith is one of those guys who due to his position (inside/outside mid who can kick goals) who would have to have a remarkable turnaround to plummet in average - which makes any player is a 'risk'.

Whereas Kreuzer and Hanley are both big injury risks, and still could average less than their price without anything remarkable or surprising happening. They could also improve, which is why they are possible picks, but you could also sit back at the end of the season and say yeah their 65-70 average over 9 games is not unexpected either.

If those guys are all 'big' risks then you're basically picking Dangerfield and risks.

Did you see the training update re Buddy .....still restricted to the Weights Room ...just starting to run, 32 years old in a few days, body may start to pack up

Your structure is very similar to mine ......I hear what you're saying, I'd prefer Wingard over Greene ATM .....we still keep coming back to the original discussion point .....don't think your side can afford Lloyd

Chip scab Lloyd is locked and he killed me last season in what was a huge mistake not having him and he cost me at least 3 league finals due to my opponents having him in real tight games decided by under 15pts.

I tried to get him in all season and never could as other issues popped up like they usually do ( Injuries / suspensions / spuds playing shit mainly Petracca and Hibberd etc ) and i am not ignoring him this season regardless of $$$.

Wingard will come down to role, nothing more

Chip scab Lloyd is locked and he killed me last season in what was a huge mistake not having him and he cost me at least 3 league finals due to my opponents having him in real tight games decided by under 15pts.

I tried to get him in all season and never could as other issues popped up like they usually do ( Injuries / suspensions / spuds playing shit mainly Petracca and Hibberd etc ) and i am not ignoring him this season regardless of $$$.
I felt / feel the same way re Grundy .....had Martin who had probably his best season, but not having Grundy was costing me 40 + points a game ......so I appreciate your POV

But it's still hard having so many Ultra Premiums .......I remember just a few years back, it was sacrilege to pay more than $400K for a DEF .....gee times have changed

I'm more likely to follow the $450K DEF road this year

I felt / feel the same way re Grundy .....had Martin who had probably his best season, but not having Grundy was costing me 40 + points a game ......so I appreciate your POV

But it's still hard having so many Ultra Premiums .......I remember just a few years back, it was sacrilege to pay more than $400K for a DEF .....gee times have changed

I'm more likely to follow the $450K DEF road this year

All bar Lloyd and this is the first time in years for me i am not starting with Laird down back. :eek:

Hopefully he drops and is No.1 upgrade target around Rd 8 ish.

All bar Lloyd and this is the first time in years for me i am not starting with Laird down back. :eek:

Hopefully he drops and is No.1 upgrade target around Rd 8 ish.
As a Crow supporter, it's also the first time I haven't started with Laird either ......he'll be one of the first upgrades though

So not looking to overspend in DEF .....some notable outs Laird, Roberton ? .....I like your Approach
Yeah I always look for value in defence. Especially defenders who will switch into the midfield. They are gold!

If I had cash I would get laird and Lloyd but I just feel they are both maxed out. Skipping Hibberd last year was a wise move and I tend to find that it is easier to get an advantage by leaving out a popular player who ends up underperforming than it is to pick a breakout player that nobody else has.

Bring on the JLT!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I always look for value in defence. Especially defenders who will switch into the midfield. They are gold!

If I had cash I would get laird and Lloyd but I just feel they are both maxed out. Skipping Hibberd last year was a wise move and I tend to find that it is easier to get an advantage by leaving out a popular player who ends up underperforming than it is to pick a breakout player that nobody else has.

Bring on the JLT!
good thoughts !

As a Crow supporter, it's also the first time I haven't started with Laird either ......he'll be one of the first upgrades though

Ditto, minus the Crows supporter bit. I have decided I'd go with Brodie Smith, sure Laird might score 10-15 points more, but for his price I see Smith averaging between 80-100. Not to mention that he is half the price.

Ditto, minus the Crows supporter bit. I have decided I'd go with Brodie Smith, sure Laird might score 10-15 points more, but for his price I see Smith averaging between 80-100. Not to mention that he is half the price.
I agree but Lairds ceiling is much higher and he is a proven big scorer and capable of massive 70pt single quarters. Laird can single handedly win you a H2H league game and I doubt Smith is ever talked about in this regard.

I feel dirty not starting him but you cannot take them all.

I like your second version, Greene probably carries as much risk as Buddy anyway. Buddy always niggled, turning 32 in 4 days, and since 2011 has dropped at least 70-90k at or just after his bye.

I wonder if Clarke will be 2nd ruck choice for the Bombers?
I'm liking what I see with him as R2, perhaps a step too far?

View attachment 611052

If he plays it’s a bold strategy.
Think you’re wasting that 400k that most people are spending on Goldstein though.

Instead of picking the highest priced premos macrae, Cripps etc. I’d be picking Matt crouch instead of macrae (for example) and trying to upgrade a rookie. You’ve still got 6 rookies on field + Clarke.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Like the cal mills selection, ifsydeny are going to play him midfield could be looking 90+ average no troubles.
Not sure about Nic Newman.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
What was it ...broken ankle ?

Mills would have lost a lot of conditioning being off his feet for a year ......midfielders need to have had a lot of Km's in the legs, generally built up over a few PS's .....I'm casting doubt on Mills ability to play long stints in the midfield, maybe cameos

First crack for the year. $24.8k in the bank.
Currently have Danger in the mids to allow Billings/Greene up fwd who I see as unders.
Have the Grundy/Gawn ruck combo but that could become Grundy/Goldy.
Let us know what you think. Cheers.
57D49EC4-0500-4F40-BA46-F63855B7ABCD.jpeg

I wonder if Clarke will be 2nd ruck choice for the Bombers?
I'm liking what I see with him as R2, perhaps a step too far?

View attachment 611052

This has been said B4 ....but lets say you go with Clarke ...at this price, if he's injured / not playing , how do you replace him both because of a lack of $$$$ .....but also you'd stuff your side up doing two trades to get the $$$ to replace him

It's a strategy fraught with danger !

First crack for the year. $24.8k in the bank.
Currently have Danger in the mids to allow Billings/Greene up fwd who I see as unders.
Have the Grundy/Gawn ruck combo but that could become Grundy/Goldy.
Let us know what you think. Cheers.
View attachment 611127

Don't believe the media hyping up Billings .....he's an outside seagull that caused a massive increase in psychiatric services for forum members last year .....several have still not returned to active SuperCoach duties, such was the trauma

Dangerfield has to play forward ....but you need a bench DPP to loop him

Get Danger fwd, get Billings out .....replace Billings with another midfielder to around the same value ....Brouch, Miles, Libba, Hanners

I'd take Hanners over Billings anyday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back