Teams 2019 Rate My Team (Pre JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he plays it’s a bold strategy.
Think you’re wasting that 400k that most people are spending on Goldstein though.

Instead of picking the highest priced premos macrae, Cripps etc. I’d be picking Matt crouch instead of macrae (for example) and trying to upgrade a rookie. You’ve still got 6 rookies on field + Clarke.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Thanks for your feedback mate.

I think both Macrae and Cripps with both outscore M.Crouch, hell I think B.Crouch will out score him IF he stays fit. If there is one thing I hate, it's a sideways premo trade.

In saying that, Macrae is the one that I'll downgrade if Clarke doesn't look like playing consistently.
Also, I'm not as in love with Golden Oldy as everyone else seem to be.

Need cash cows mooing somewhere, I wouldn't really want to go any less Rookies than I already have.

TBH - This is one of 5 templates I now have saved, who knows which way I'll go but I do believe in midfield strength.

This has been said B4 ....but lets say you go with Clarke ...at this price, if he's injured / not playing , how do you replace him both because of a lack of $$$$ .....but also you'd stuff your side up doing two trades to get the $$$ to replace him

It's a strategy fraught with danger !
If I keep this format, Macrae is my downgrade for Clarke but if Clarke does look like he's going to play consistently, it's very hard to beat imo.

Sick of my vanilla high-ish finishes of late, but I'l gone from very high 3-4+ years ago of top 1% consistently to boring to 10-15%
I need to do something different and take a risk.

live dangerously.gif

If I keep this format, Macrae is my downgrade for Clarke but if Clarke does look like he's going to play consistently, it's very hard to beat imo.

Sick of my vanilla high-ish finishes of late, but I'l gone from very high 3-4+ years ago of top 1% consistently to boring to 10-15%
I need to do something different and take a risk.

View attachment 611142

I've also got Macrae ....he's the easiest to downgrade, due to his price ....but look at his scores last season & I really can't see him going backwards .....not sure why he's not getting the SC adulation that Cripps is getting ?

A bit different from most posted here. Thinking big points to be had in the backline with the new rules.
2 genuine spuds at R2&3 could become Kreuz and fort depending on JLT.
Few mid pricers in the mids and I think paying big $$$ on fwds isn’t the way to go this year.

Attachments

• DC4DC302-52E7-48E8-8B7E-F27DD52A3029.png
    DC4DC302-52E7-48E8-8B7E-F27DD52A3029.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 113
Witherden versus Blakely for my D2 will be interesting over the JLT .........I just posted a training review in the Rookies thread ...Wingard burning the track up, normally this time of the year he's playing cards with the staff in the Medical Room

Noted Hawk track watchers saying Chad is lazy on the track fwiw

Noted Hawk track watchers saying Chad is lazy on the track fwiw
At least he’s on the track at Hawthorn .... didn’t even do that at Port

I’m not expecting an immediate change from the past .... but I am expecting Clarko to change Wingard enough to be my F3

Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 4.56.31 pm.png Thoughts? I've come around to Hall as a mid-pricer. Out of Libba, Miles, Hannebery etc he is the one I see as most likely to average 100+. If he is actually used properly I think he's got 105+ in him. I've gone to Goldy over Gawn as well, 700k for someone sharing the ruck with Preuss is too risky. Rucks are yuck this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Polec????
As a player of difference, averaged 94.5 last season. Assuming he will get a lot of misfiled time, and north paying the big bucks I think there’s a real possibility he can take his game to another level. Averaged 25 possessions, has the skills and don’t think his the type of player teams will tag. If he can Lift his efficiency up from the 53% of last season I see no reason why he’s not worth a decent thought.

As a player of difference, averaged 94.5 last season. Assuming he will get a lot of misfiled time, and north paying the big bucks I think there’s a real possibility he can take his game to another level. Averaged 25 possessions, has the skills and don’t think his the type of player teams will tag. If he can Lift his efficiency up from the 53% of last season I see no reason why he’s not worth a decent thought.

I just don't really see the upside in a pick like this. It's fairly high risk, without a huge amount of reward.

Say he has yet another career best season, and increases his average by 10.5pts to 105..

What's the worst that can happen if you didn't select him, he'll cost about 50k more than he does now? Meanwhile, he could possibly still float around the 90-100 mark and you'll be left with a fairly week M8, and a bit of a waste of a pick.

I see more promise in a Hanners, Miles, Libba, Taranto, Zorko Parfitt, pick personally.

I just don't really see the upside in a pick like this. It's fairly high risk, without a huge amount of reward.

Say he has yet another career best season, and increases his average by 10.5pts to 105..

What's the worst that can happen if you didn't select him, he'll cost about 50k more than he does now? Meanwhile, he could possibly still float around the 90-100 mark and you'll be left with a fairly week M8, and a bit of a waste of a pick.

I see more promise in a Hanners, Miles, Libba, Taranto, Zorko Parfitt, pick personally.
Can’t argue with anything you have said, completely agree, I am just looking outside the box for a midfielder who might take that next step and a real player of difference, as you see so many teams already look close to the same and pre season hasn’t even started yet.

Really hoping the Zerrit injury isn’t to bad because he’s the obvious replacement.

Like the Zorko idea but he gets tagged too much, and Hanners hasn’t been the same since Ruffy ragged dolled him in the 14 GF.. (or that incident in the 16) .. I like to think both anyway.

Polec's an outside mid though. He's not SC relevant for the same reason that Tom Scully & Issac Smith have never been SC relevant. Classy players and very important to their team but the reality is SC is a contested mids game. That could* change with the new 6-6-6 rule, but I doubt it will make any difference.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back