Teams 2019 Rate My Team (Pre JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So second year on SuperCoach first time poster. Here is my team with 4.3k left. A lot of higher priced rookies, going with the top two rucks to avoid trading later on (unless injuries). Any feedback would help.
8 players over 600k :eek:

Personally I think you spent too much on your backline and your midfield has suffered. Need to get a better M5.

another team, with a midfield that goes against my initial instinct (i.e. older and more injury prone).

VWyt3U2.png

So second year on SuperCoach first time poster. Here is my team with 4.3k left. A lot of higher priced rookies, going with the top two rucks to avoid trading later on (unless injuries). Any feedback would help.
solid team!
as you said you have all the top priced rooks who hopefully you will be able to replace with cheaper guys.
Francis i have doubts he can improve on his scoring...this year anyway. could be wrong!
if you can manage to get some more coin out of you team i would go for 1 of the mid priced guys in Libba,Miles,Roberton or Greene.
no doubt your team will change a million times like the rest of us anyway.

Latest version..
Good balance but feel a lil thin in the guts..just a little.
Thoughts welcomed
View attachment 613265View attachment 613266
4 premos and a mid pricer is fine for the mids. Just gotta pick what you think will be the best performing premos. I have Cripps and Fyfe but went with Jelly and Neale as my next two. Each to their own. Mid rookies are where the biggest cash generation will come from this year so you don't want to go too heavy with the premo's to start with. (IMO of course).

4 premos and a mid pricer is fine for the mids. Just gotta pick what you think will be the best performing premos. I have Cripps and Fyfe but went with Jelly and Neale as my next two. Each to their own. Mid rookies are where the biggest cash generation will come from this year so you don't want to go too heavy with the premo's to start with. (IMO of course).

Tough one this year, i reckon the forward line could be the smoky for best cash generation from Rookies.

FWD: Lukosius, Rankine, Rozee, Setterfield, Corbett, Cavarra, Parker all look like playing early on.

Then you have Cockatoo, Brander, King Brothers, Blakey, McAdam who are all in the mix.

MIDS: Walsh, Setterfield, Atley, Bewley, Valente, Hind are the potential Round 1 Debutants

With B.Smith, Bennell, Hately, Stocker in the mix.

Slightly more promising up forward at this stage, but we're a month out from JLT so no doubt everything will be flipped on its head.

Backline looks like a baron wasteland for rookies and i can't really see that changing too much unfortunately.

Tough one this year, i reckon the forward line could be the smoky for best cash generation from Rookies.

FWD: Lukosius, Rankine, Rozee, Setterfield, Corbett, Cavarra, Parker all look like playing early on.

Then you have Cockatoo, Brander, King Brothers, Blakey, McAdam who are all in the mix.

MIDS: Walsh, Setterfield, Atley, Bewley, Valente, Hind are the potential Round 1 Debutants

With B.Smith, Bennell, Hately, Stocker in the mix.

Slightly more promising up forward at this stage, but we're a month out from JLT so no doubt everything will be flipped on its head.

Backline looks like a baron wasteland for rookies and i can't really see that changing too much unfortunately.
Yeah I'm currently batting down to M5 in my backline. Two rookie priced defenders hardly mentioned so far are Cox (lions) and Logue (Freo). Not first year players but priced in the 160's. I have both at the moment, pending JLT involvement.

Yeah I'm currently batting down to M5 in my backline. Two rookie priced defenders hardly mentioned so far are Cox (lions) and Logue (Freo). Not first year players but priced in the 160's. I have both at the moment, pending JLT involvement.

Seems at the moment there are no really solid options under 150K...

Hore i don't think gets selected, and neither will Wigg.

Going to force people to potentially adopt a mid price strategy down back and guns and rookies through Mids and Fwds..

I initially had Kelly in place of Merrett as i think Kelly will smash it again this year. but didnt like having Z.Williams at D3.
not sold on Roberton yet either so had to drop a couple players down to get the structure. Gawn,Robbi and Kelly taking the hits.
just hopeful we see some cheap rooks early and i don't need to have the expensive rooks.
bring on the JLT already!

Here's my first draft...
1549004021393.png

Pretty much GnR approach with a couple of value picks in there. No doubt injuries, JLT form and rookie selections will play a big part in shaping my R1 team.

Some of the thinking that has gone into this team is

1 - Danger is a lock in the forward line
2 - I've got faith that Goldie and Grundy will be the two best rucks in the comp. Can see Gawn either down due to Preuss playing or being rested occasionally for Preuss.
3. Have only gone for two premium defenders but expecting big things from Newman at Carlton and expecting McKay to fill the Daw vacancy at Arden St
4. Have loaded up on mids - expecting Macrae, Kelly, Cripps and Fyfe to be top 6 mids and Dusty to bounce back to his SC best. Hall seems to be fitting in well at Arden St and Bennell looks to be doing a preseason so both have made the cut as value propositions as has Setterfield
5. Expecting Heeney to have a huge year and for Wingward to step up in the absence of Titch.

Rookies not mentioned above are place holders for now although I expect Wilkinson to be heavily in the mix at Arden St.

Thoughts kentlemen?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's my first draft...
View attachment 613465

Pretty much GnR approach with a couple of value picks in there. No doubt injuries, JLT form and rookie selections will play a big part in shaping my R1 team.

2 - I've got faith that Goldie and Grundy will be the two best rucks in the comp. Can see Gawn either down due to Preuss playing or being rested occasionally for Preuss.
3. Have only gone for two premium defenders but expecting big things from Newman at Carlton and expecting McKay to fill the Daw vacancy at Arden St
4. Have loaded up on mids - expecting Macrae, Kelly, Cripps and Fyfe to be top 6 mids and Dusty to bounce back to his SC best. Hall seems to be fitting in well at Arden St and Bennell looks to be doing a preseason so both have made the cut as value propositions as has Setterfield
5. Expecting Heeney to have a huge year and for Wingward to step up in the absence of Titch.

Rookies not mentioned above are place holders for now although I expect Wilkinson to be heavily in the mix at Arden St.

Thoughts kentlemen?
Great midfield and Rucks. Decent fwd line.
Backs? Way too risky unless a heap of back rookies appear. McKay at D4 is asking for trouble.
I'd downgrade Hall to a 102k fwd/mid looping option and get a Roberton/Smith. And/Or Kelly to a Zerrett/Brayshaw/Crouch as well and get Williams. Put Setterfield fwd for DPP with the loop rookie, especially as you only have 3 premo fwds.
You're mids will still be strong and makes the team a lot more balanced.

Here's my first draft...
View attachment 613465

Thoughts kentlemen?
Your captain choice will hurt you early, will be playing catch up from the start:moustache:. Other than that I likie, would bang

Like the backline but way too many mid pricers and high priced rookies for mine. Struggling to see where your cash generation is going to come from.

Thanks, no doubt some tweeks will be made before the first round....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back