Teams 2019 Rate My Team (Pre JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 614061View attachment 614062View attachment 614063

First draft here, would like some feedback campaigners. Am I crazy for having Impey in my side? From all accounts he’s trained the house down this pre season and could look to pick up more time in the midfield. Is there anyone other than Greene that is an obvious better pick for my F4 spot with my funds available

Impey is a big no.
Setterfield forward if you’ve got faith in the rookie fwds and then you’ve got more midfield options - , Hannebery if you’re that way inclined or libba / crouch

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Reckon this is pretty sexy.
Fwd line a bit thin but reckon there are a few other rookies that will get games this year and can swap them in if needed.
- lukosius, king, blakely, burgess, woodcock, drew, wilkinson, mchenry, rozee, petrucelle all chances at points during the year

View attachment 613891

I don't mind this. Did you consider Luke Shuey as opposed to Beams or Yeo which would free up cash to possibly spend on that forward line you considered a bit thin?
I would never recommend going into a season without Rory Laird either, but backline could definitely pay off with that line up.

No money left, but going to track Jack Crisp through the pre season and if he is motoring along nicely will probably slot him in at D2 and save 50k there.
Gresham a risk, but every year I roll with a true POD and I feel like he could really step it up and become the player Saints fan know he has potential to be.
Could also easily change him to Kennedy or Daniher if they are up and running for round 1.

Screen Shot 2019-02-03 at 9.21.39 am.png

Anyone have a hot summary of all the premium faults and bargain gimps I should be looking out for this season? I want to get back in the top 100k this year.
If you auto-fill , that should get you into the top 100K :p

No money left, but going to track Jack Crisp through the pre season and if he is motoring along nicely will probably slot him in at D2 and save 50k there.
Gresham a risk, but every year I roll with a true POD and I feel like he could really step it up and become the player Saints fan know he has potential to be.
Could also easily change him to Kennedy or Daniher if they are up and running for round 1.

View attachment 614113

Have you heard about Zerrett's issues ? .....must be a worry, 4 weeks of non running, this time of the year

Have you heard about Zerrett's issues ? .....must be a worry, 4 weeks of non running, this time of the year

Nah, this is my problem at this time of year as someone who rarely watches or reads the news lol. At least we have the JLT to gauge fitness etc. Plenty of good options around his price point to swap him to need be. Would like to roll with him this season though. I have a feeling that Shiel is going to help Merrett break the shackles.

Nah, this is my problem at this time of year as someone who rarely watches or reads the news lol. At least we have the JLT to gauge fitness etc. Plenty of good options around his price point to swap him to need be. Would like to roll with him this season though. I have a feeling that Shiel is going to help Merrett break the shackles.
IMO because of his more dangerous disposal .....teams will still tag Zerrett B4 Shiel .....so IMO Shiel doesn't help Zerrett

IMO because of his more dangerous disposal .....teams will still tag Zerrett B4 Shiel .....so IMO Shiel doesn't help Zerrett

Don't disagree at all, but i'm considering the tactic of 'stopping the problem at it's source'. If Shiel is inside extracting to the cleaner Merrett, i'd be looking at preventing the initial possession (ie. Shiel). I rate Merrett's work rate enough to see him still racking up touches even if that was to happen.

Don't disagree at all, but i'm considering the tactic of 'stopping the problem at it's source'. If Shiel is inside extracting to the cleaner Merrett, i'd be looking at preventing the initial possession (ie. Shiel). I rate Merrett's work rate enough to see him still racking up touches even if that was to happen.
But doesn't Shiel play more as an outside mid himself ??

I don't mind this. Did you consider Luke Shuey as opposed to Beams or Yeo which would free up cash to possibly spend on that forward line you considered a bit thin?
I would never recommend going into a season without Rory Laird either, but backline could definitely pay off with that line up.

Shuey is vastly inferior to either of those for me.
I had Shuey last year after he bottomed out @ 362k and averaged 105 in the past 10 or so rounds - he really helped me shoot up the rankings, but his best over a whole season is 105.
I think it's most likely he goes ~95 - 105. Not much upside - an M8 at best in a final team.

I'd put the floor for Beams + Yeo @ ~100 - 105 with 110+ upside.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shuey is vastly inferior to either of those for me.
I had Shuey last year after he bottomed out @ 362k and averaged 105 in the past 10 or so rounds
- he really helped me shoot up the rankings, but his best over a whole season is 105.
I think it's most likely he goes ~95 - 105. Not much upside - an M8 at best in a final team.

I'd put the floor for Beams + Yeo @ ~100 - 105 with 110+ upside.
This is an interesting discussion topic ......how much of our team selections are influenced by how a player performed in our side the previous year .....and should that be a strong influencing factor

For me, Laird has been a first pick DEF the last 2 years ......yet I'm not starting him this year

Conversely having Billings and Hibberd has scarred me from picking them this year, despite previous great scoring years

This is an interesting discussion topic ......how much of our team selections are influenced by how a player performed in our side the previous year .....and should that be a strong influencing factor

For me, Laird has been a first pick DEF the last 2 years ......yet I'm not starting him this year

Conversely having Billings and Hibberd has scarred me from picking them this year, despite previous great scoring years

If you're thinking emotionally not objectively then you'd be actually picking guys like Barrios ;)
Surely you can look at it objectively without worrying about what a certain player did for 'your team' in previous years.

If you're thinking emotionally not objectively then you'd be actually picking guys like Barrios ;)
Surely you can look at it objectively without worrying about what a certain player did for 'your team' in previous years.
I agree, but not sure a lot of Coaches think that way ......this year, for the life of me, I can't fathom the anti Gawn sentiment & the universal Grundy love .....both having equally as good a years, yet Grundy's was a breakout & Gawn business as usual

View attachment 614171View attachment 614172
I doubt this setup will stick and I’m Expecting some criticism here for lack of depth in Mids..... but is nice to have Backs and Rucks solidified.....

Yes obviously the mids are a bit light .....most teams have M1 - M4 as solid ultra Premo's

The other observation, and I understand it's too early, but you've gone ultra deep in DEF ......yet early indications are there'll be more DEF Rookie options than FWD options?

I agree, but not sure a lot of Coaches think that way ......this year, for the life of me, I can't fathom the anti Gawn sentiment & the universal Grundy love .....both having equally as good a years, yet Grundy's was a breakout & Gawn business as usual

JLT will sort it out. I'm starting with Gawn and Grundy at the moment but I think Preuss at demon land is making people scared of picking Gawn at his starting price. I want to see how he goes with Preuss in the team during JLT before committing. Grundy only has a cox for assistance.

Yes obviously the mids are a bit light .....most teams have M1 - M4 as solid ultra Premo's

The other observation, and I understand it's too early, but you've gone ultra deep in DEF ......yet early indications are there'll be more DEF Rookie options than FWD options?

My backs unintentionally tend to be last upgrade priority each year.... however this year with possibly more favourable scoring for kick in defenders, a setup like this could pay off..... I’ll still likely thin out the backs to beef up mids + Fwd line.

View attachment 614113
I knew at the end of last year that I'd be starting with Gresham this year. Reckon he'll really come on. Don't think it's a major risk really. Reckon they misread his name on the draft nomination form though. His name isn't Jack and they still drafted him.

JLT will sort it out. I'm starting with Gawn and Grundy at the moment but I think Preuss at demon land is making people scared of picking Gawn at his starting price. I want to see how he goes with Preuss in the team during JLT before committing. Grundy only has a cox for assistance.
But wasn't that the primary reason most Coaches didn't pick Grundy last year ....the Cox factor

But wasn't that the primary reason most Coaches didn't pick Grundy last year ....the Cox factor
yes and it's exactly the same reason why people aren't picking Gawn this year. Preuss is an out and out ruckman. Cox is a tall forward who can ruck but has the turning circle of the titanic. Difficult to compare them, which is why we need to see them in JLT first.

Anyone have a hot summary of all the premium faults and bargain gimps I should be looking out for this season? I want to get back in the top 100k this year.

Top 100k?

giphy (9).gif

View attachment 614171View attachment 614172
I doubt this setup will stick and I’m Expecting some criticism here for lack of depth in Mids..... but is nice to have Backs and Rucks solidified.....

How did you even spend all your budget with a midfield like that? Bonnie and Clyde hack your account?

First of all who the **** is Barrios?
Second.
Shuey won us a flag so hes in my team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back