Preview 2020 AFL Grand-Final: Richmond v Geelong @ The GABBA (Serious one)

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually wouldn't be bothered too much if Ablett caps off his career by winning

the Norm Smith in a losing side.

On SM-G970W using BigFooty.com mobile app

All those times we copped floggings from Geelong, time to tear them a new one!!!

We need to give it our all and hopefully they and Paddy will break

As for Geelongs "Control" game, people are right... But a poster earlier mentioned, it's the ground position that is important. I remember in Rd17, we actually left their spare man opend in D50 provided it was a sideways option, not a forward option... They chipped it to each other all night and padded stats without actually looking damaging UNTIL they started hitting up Ratagolea in the last.

Looking at our last two defeats, they share the common theme of the opposition being aggressive and in our faces. Against Port, we had the Caddy / Dusty 50M lack of discipline issues and they cost us the game - even though were were missing 6 players. Against the Bears, same deal - they were in our faces, but hunted us and gave us no space to move. Again, discipline contributed to our demise. The second common denominator was that both those games were touted as "Grand Final Previews" - and both teams treated it as such. We refine our inside / clearance strategy against St Kilda and Ratten picked up on it straight away. Then against Port, they did the same thing - let the media pump up their tires, they get into Lynch's face and pull all these He-Man poses after kicking goals. It failed miserably. We didn't take the bait and we smashed them around clearances. We now have Prestia and Edwards in the side. Releases Cotchin and Bolton and we have Graham and Lambert coming into form. So Geelong have some things to think about. We will play kaos AND a clearance dominating game, or just one of each style, or have we mastered the art of being able to play both at will.

But the media and Geelong are more interested in curtailing the possible Normsmith than winning the game...No one beats Dusty in finals. It is the ability to stop the players around him. Playing Selwood on Dusty ? PLEASE let this happen. The control game simply does not stack up to our kaos game, and now we smash teams at clearances, this gives us the edge with the tactics.

I'm still nervous, but I believe in the system and the experience. We are a better side than the round 17 game, and the umps won't be falling for Hawkin's pushes in the back etc... In some ways, it could be a 50/50 blockbuster and classic. So many things to consider, but I still believe we will be too strong and we have a really good recent record against them.

Won't be over at half time, but will be at 3/4 time... Tigers by 18 points.

If somebody told me 5 years ago that we’d be in a Grand Final in 2020 and you’ll be as chilled as **** I would have told them to get ****ed!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon if you're gunna sit on a HBF, it should be Short. Don't think we've seen it yet, though.

What a conundrum for the Cats. Short alongside with Houli are magnificent distributors.

If somebody told me 5 years ago that we’d be in a Grand Final in 2020 and you’ll be as chilled as fu** I would have told them to get f’ed!
Rod, this week is taking forever and it’s only Wednesday!! Reckon we can get some more Gerald and robbo impressions to help pass the time?

Sup guys, just wanted to get your guys perspective on what it’s like to support a great side - cos I know a lot of you used to be in the same position as me in not knowing what that’s like for my whole life...

When you think about the game in anticipation... do you hope you thrash them? Or since you’ve already done that twice... are you hoping it’s a good game?
Are you still nervous at all? Or have the last two grand finals made you totally confident?

For the record I totally disagree with people saying the premiership this year has an asterisk next to it... I reckon whoever wins on Sat deserves extra credit because of the year, not less... not to mention against a vic side.
You’ll be right mate
First ten years are the hardest

I've been out and about today and its the same as last year everyone tipping against us :thumbsu:

People I know have been saying go Cats & none of them support them !

I return with well, I will go for my team who are trying to win our 3rd flag in 4 years & you can go for someone else’s you jealous s**ts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

**** me all i have heard this week is the fairytale narrative about egghead getting a final send off and how selwood can become geelong's first 4x premiership player.
i know the media hates us but geez surely you can give us at least a small amount of coverage.

Is Pickett injured?
I just checked out some photos of the Richmond training session and his leg was bandaged.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2020 AFL Grand-Final: Richmond v Geelong @ The GABBA (Serious one)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back