Preview 2020 AFL Grand-Final: Richmond v Geelong @ The GABBA (Serious one)

Remove this Banner Ad

ABC Grandstand now reporting "many are comparing him to LeBron James of the NBA". FMD - The world has gone mad!
One is a multi-multi-multi millionaire with 4 world championships.
The other is a flog from a small irrelevant country town playing in his first GF.

It warms my cockles thinking of Dimma with a wry smile on his face watching this media wankfest.

12FC2434-5605-4567-BDE4-24C1234391F4.gif

hey Damo, maybe google the word introvert. and also put the blame on yourself and your cohort of journalists who are 99% pure scum these days
There are very few notable journalists in footy these days. They're all just ambulance chasers looking for the next juicy bit of controversy they can uncover. Then they pen articles about why players don't want to talk to them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Herald sun might as well be called the Geelong herald today.

I am devastated for abletts son and no one deserves to go thru that but this notion that he deserves this premiership is utter sickening... we all deserve a break after this year but this story fairytale bullshit is la la land stuff.

No one is entitled to anything, clanger doesn't deserve a GF cause he never produced in the big games to get into it.

Fucl I wanna win so badly now
E X A C T L Y

my favourite quote from my favourite show

Marcus Cole : I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, 'wouldn't it be much worse if life *were* fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them?' So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe.

E X A C T L Y

my favourite quote from my favourite show

Marcus Cole : I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, 'wouldn't it be much worse if life *were* fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them?' So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe.
Preach bro

Yeah it certainly could .... I thought maybe he could run with Blicavs An make him accountable ... I’m sure Astbury can handle Hawkins
Thats possible although i'd go with Broad on Blicavs.

I see a lot of opposition supporters/media personnel overstating how much of a factor Geelong’s form at the Gabba will be in the Grand Final because I believe that the results there were more about how Geelong and their opposition played than the ground itself.

Firstly, Geelong played 5 games there vs our 3 games. That’s not a huge differential. We dominated territory in all of our Gabba games but just couldn’t convert it into a high score. We have even done that at the MCG earlier this year against Collingwood.

Secondly, Geelong destroyed Port Adelaide by 60 points at Metricon and kicked 69-22 after quarter time to win the game against Bulldogs there after trailing 39-3. Did we end up losing to them after they put in strong performances at Metricon? No. We defeated them. Mind you, Geelong have only lost 1 game in Queensland (Gabba and Metricon combined) and it is to Richmond.

Thirdly, if we talk about the way things stood heading into last week’s PF, Geelong were 4-0 at the Gabba. What record did Brisbane have? 10-0. Yet, they still lost to Geelong there. Their past form at the Gabba did not save them from losing there.

Lastly, Geelong doesn’t have a stadium filled with Geelong supporters to gain an advantage over Richmond at the Gabba. You could argue that Brisbane in the QF did have HGA over Richmond when switching from Metricon earlier this season to the Gabba, but this isn’t the case.

Therefore, I believe that the Gabba is a neutral ground for both sides. Whether we win or lose, it is probably not because one team plays the Gabba better than the other. It is because one team played better than the other. Simple as that.

Feels like 2017 again, Geelong is the all concurring Adelaide juggernaut and we’re still little old Richmond who’s lucky to be there.
Yep, that’s why I’m very calm about tomorrow.
2017, as you said, the Tiges were just making up the numbers, 2019 and “The Big Noise” would steamroll over us... 2020 and it’s “The Fairytale” and the “Destiny”
Not withstanding, the Cats have the third greatest player to play the game in Patrick, the second greatest ever in Junior and, if you believe the Cats faithful, the greatest player in the history of World Sport... “The Difference”...Gary Rohan!!
Cats lose this and it’s a massive choke.

Bartel still salty Tiges beat GWS last year and today picked the Cats convincingly, saying they're better prepared, better coached, better at playing both ways and changing game plan to siut..... lol.
Burst out laughing reading this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2020 AFL Grand-Final: Richmond v Geelong @ The GABBA (Serious one)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back