List Mgmt. 2020 Best 25

Remove this Banner Ad

We have moved way off topic here, but I see an interesting thread. We cannot win the flag with the same team, it must have some new faces somehow (injuries, form etc), and survive our 'handicap' which is our match committee performing badly in finals. I think it needs new faces with pace. I think the Jenkins/Krueger discussion is a bit moot, as both will probably play due to normal wear and tear, Hawkins suspensions, etc, and if they step up will stay in. The issue we face is having enough new faces step up to a high sustained level of performance ( like the Tigers have had in their flag years). If Clarke's elbow is OK, then he should be an automatic addition versus the finals last year. On top of that, who knows ? It just seems to me that the same group are not quite good enough to get over the top, so Clarke plus a few more need to come through. Add a few more injuries this pre-season compared to last year, and the next in line in our pipeline will be tested, which is good. How they go is critical, and lets hope our player development has done its job the last few years. We probably need a bit of luck with one getting through without too much VFL time - maybe Cooper ?

We have moved way off topic here, but I see an interesting thread. We cannot win the flag with the same team, it must have some new faces somehow (injuries, form etc), and survive our 'handicap' which is our match committee performing badly in finals. I think it needs new faces with pace. I think the Jenkins/Krueger discussion is a bit moot, as both will probably play due to normal wear and tear, Hawkins suspensions, etc, and if they step up will stay in. The issue we face is having enough new faces step up to a high sustained level of performance ( like the Tigers have had in their flag years). If Clarke's elbow is OK, then he should be an automatic addition versus the finals last year. On top of that, who knows ? It just seems to me that the same group are not quite good enough to get over the top, so Clarke plus a few more need to come through. Add a few more injuries this pre-season compared to last year, and the next in line in our pipeline will be tested, which is good. How they go is critical, and lets hope our player development has done its job the last few years. We probably need a bit of luck with one getting through without too much VFL time - maybe Cooper ?

It's not just the match committee. It's also the unpleasant reality that we have a lot of players who either underperform (being generous), or choke (being more blunt) under finals pressure. Some big names are in that group as well. Not just the whipping boys.

FB: KOLODJASHNIJ, BLICAVS, O'CONNOR
HB: TUOHY, TAYLOR, STEWART
C: CLARK, C.GUTHRIE, DUNCAN
HF: ABLETT, JENKINS, MIERS
FF: DAHLHAUS, HAWKINS, ROHAN

1R: RATUGOLEA, DANGERFIELD, SELWOOD

INT: STEVEN, NARKLE, PARFITT, ATKINS, HENRY, CONSTABLE, KREUGER.

I would not pick Kolodjashnij in my best side this year no pre-season puts him way behind and that's even if the op goes well

As soon as Kolo is considered right to go, I believe he'll be back in the ones very soon after. And as long as he is selected to play his footy in the back half, I'm entirely fine with that.

He is part of both the future and the present down back. And loved by key members of the MC (Exhibit A: Scarlo) down at the club.

Serious question, would you really play Rohan in a final?
He has a worse finals record than Chris Scott.

You would have to broaden the scope of that question outside just finals, there are other high pressure/high intensity games.

Clearly there are people who know more about footy than any of the amateurs on any given internet forum, who have professional lives in footy, who have made an informed decision to select Gary Rohan in their teams going into any number of high pressure games. Sometimes it pans out, sometimes it doesn't. Getting too hung up on specific results won't actually lead to you finding the way to become a more effective competitor, so it's a bit of a meaningless question.

Wouldn’t play him in a final. Wouldn’t have him at the club. Perennial underperformer and in his one final last year managed a whopping 3 touches.

But it’s a lost cause now. The Cult of Chris is strong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn’t play him in a final. Wouldn’t have him at the club. Perennial underperformer and in his one final last year managed a whopping 3 touches.

Agreed,if people ever take of their Cats rose coloured glasses they will find the team is stacked with players capable of putting a Rohan type effort under pressure,it's not so obvious as there is no ramifications for under performance at the Cats and they simply get picked again the following week.
That's something that need to change.

Agreed,if people ever take of their Cats rose coloured glasses they will find the team is stacked with players capable of putting a Rohan type effort under pressure,it's not so obvious as there is no ramifications for under performance at the Cats and they simply get picked again the following week.
That's something that need to change.

Yeah. Also the notion that only the weak links fail in finals. The stars do too.

well if you come here to have a snipe at our coach, and....if we're going all historical, then....

Yeah...and he's not "tough" enough to king hit a player and finish his career in an exhibition match either....

Imagine if I posted that on your board.....

You're contribution to our Board has been noted.

well if you come here to have a snipe at our coach, and....if we're going all historical, then....

Yeah...and he's not "tough" enough to king hit a player and finish his career in an exhibition match either....

Imagine if I posted that on your board.....

You're contribution to our Board has been noted.
If my memory is correct Clarko also ran away after sniping that player from behind.

Interesting question in one respect.

here another one.. do you always walk into other team boards and post vainly covert troll posts? Or is antagonism just something that comes naturally? It’s usually accompanied by stupidity. Guess we got all boxed ticked huh.

Seeing you are new.. a word of advice. I’d keep this to a minimum - aids in longevity.

Go Catters

Should not have been in finals. No doubt. Played a great first 11 games I think it was .. then got hurt and went to shit.

We shall see when I injured what he brings this year. However.. needs to prove and maintain for mine.

Not sure of the cult you refer to... Good to enough to get deep into finals and not good enough to win more. Funny sounding cult to me. Underperformed yes.. cult no.
But yeah.. cult sound better in the hyperbole sense and clearly that’s your place .

Go Catters

Should not have been in finals. No doubt. Played a great first 11 games I think it was .. then got hurt and went to shit.

We shall see when I injured what he brings this year. However.. needs to prove and maintain for mine.

Not sure of the cult you refer to... Good to enough to get deep into finals and not good enough to win more. Funny sounding cult to me. Underperformed yes.. cult no.
But yeah.. cult sound better in the hyperbole sense and clearly that’s your place .

Go Catters
You have to wonder what's going on at selection,his last 9 games would't have got him a game at Bacchus Marsh.

Interesting question in one respect.

here another one.. do you always walk into other team boards and post vainly covert troll posts? Or is antagonism just something that comes naturally? It’s usually accompanied by stupidity. Guess we got all boxed ticked huh.

Seeing you are new.. a word of advice. I’d keep this to a minimum - aids in longevity.

Go Catters
Ok sorry I see your point, at least you admit Rohan is a dud when it comes to finals.

Ok sorry I see your point, at least you admit Rohan is a dud when it comes to finals.
[/QUOTE

I'd like to point out who were duds in the 2019 finals from your lot.....sadly I can't do that, can I. .....

....so I'd suggest you focus on your own team's shortcomings on your Board rather than exposing your apparent fixation on Geelong's list performance on ours.

but i guess his 3 touches were 300% more than any Hawks player it the 2019 finals series so there is that.

GO Catters

2020 Best 25 according to Champion Data (ranking in brackets)...

B: Stewart (17) Blicavs (9) Henry (16)
HB: C.Guthrie (15) Taylor (13) Tuohy (10)
C: Duncan (6) Steven (8) Menegola (5)
HF: Ablett (2) Hawkins (3) Dahlhaus (12)
F: Rohan (18) Jenkins (14) Parfitt (11)
Foll: Stanley (7) Dangerfield (1) Selwood (4)
Int: Kolodjashnij (20) O'Connor (22) Miers (19) Bews (21)
Emerg: Clark (25) Ratugolea (24) Atkins (23)

List Mgmt. 2020 Best 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back