Opinion 2020 Changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Current structure is terrible, watching this live crap week in week out had become to much.

Can't go to Elliot 1 on 1 he is a shell of the player from 2 years ago.

Firstly we really need to look at some Indigenous players with speed to bring in through the draft for our forward line, enough is enough, how can the Eagles have Ryan, Cameron, Rioli.

We were all about defensive pressure last year Elliot and Cox I'm sorry but won't be needed.

Mayne Miocheck DeGoey
Papley Stephenson WHE

Pies need to go after Papley and Brad Hill these two players alone would make huge changes to our team dynamic

Trade
Elliot
Thomas
Sharenberg

Delist
Crocker
Wells
Broomhead
Varcoe
Magden
Reid

Trade/Sign
Papley
Hill
Get aggressive, send Sidebottom to the Gold Coast for Lukosius.

Current structure is terrible, watching this live crap week in week out had become to much.

Can't go to Elliot 1 on 1 he is a shell of the player from 2 years ago.

Firstly we really need to look at some Indigenous players with speed to bring in through the draft for our forward line, enough is enough, how can the Eagles have Ryan, Cameron, Rioli.

We were all about defensive pressure last year Elliot and Cox I'm sorry but won't be needed.

Mayne Miocheck DeGoey
Papley Stephenson WHE

Pies need to go after Papley and Brad Hill these two players alone would make huge changes to our team dynamic

Trade
Elliot
Thomas
Sharenberg

Delist
Crocker
Wells
Broomhead
Varcoe
Magden
Reid

Trade/Sign
Papley
Hill

I'd be looking to trade Sidey and Langdon as well.

Agreed.
1. Also delist Goldsack.
Dangle a juicier carrot and also trade Phillips.
2. Throw the kitchen sink at Jeremy Cameron.
Richmond got Lynch, look at them now.
Cats have Hawkins.
Eagles have Kennedy/Darling.
3. YOU NEED PROPER KEY FORWARDS TO KICK GOALS AND WIN A FLAG... not spuds to “create a contest”.
1. Suspect Goldy will want out anyway

2. Why the hell would Cameron want to come to Cwood?

3. Proper key forwards need proper entries / delivery - we ain't offering either

I thought Aish was that guy Dave is obsessed with. But anyways, injuries have robbed Scharenberg. He’s not the player we drafted and it’s not his fault.
we knew he had foot problems when we drafted him - his subsequent injuries have been in different parts of his legs but the warning was there - this guy is injury prone

I think Broomy needs one more year, depending on how he plays out this season in the VFL. Unlike others in the spotlight, he’s not old, cooked or with chronic injuries that need managing (happy to be corrected on the latter).

I just think he’s been terribly unlucky.

I think Broomy needs one more year, depending on how he plays out this season in the VFL. Unlike others in the spotlight, he’s not old, cooked or with chronic injuries that need managing (happy to be corrected on the latter).

I just think he’s been terribly unlucky.
He must go, everyone likes him me included but he doesn’t play. He’s 26 next year, we’ve hung on long enough imo

Jesus that's some cleanout if you add the duds

Wells Dunn Reid Varcoe Mayne Goldsack Greenwood Wills Crocker Appleby Broomhead Madgen Murray*

They will keep Murray on because they feel obliged too

He ****ed up , **** him off

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He must go, everyone likes him me included but he doesn’t play. He’s 26 next year, we’ve hung on long enough imo

He’s not alone, and I agree we need to be ruthless, but out of 8 or 10 of his mates, I’d prefer to keep this one.

Anyway, I think we’re in for a brutal end to 2019.

Retire- Dunn, Wells, Reid, Goldsack

Delist- Broomhead, Crocker, Murray, Wills

Varcoe, Mayne and Greenwood get another year as depth and realistically we can't delist more than 8 players, especially now that we've traded out our first rounder. But they need to be phased out of the best 22 next year.

Madgen stays for one more year given our laughably thin KPP depth.

KPP and run and carry players the target for the draft/ trade period.
Magden is too poor to waste another year on. Draft a more accomplished state leaguer KPP, there are plenty out there that gave him covered

So if the Bigfooty list managers have their way we will turnover half the list.

Realistically we may move on five. A fit squad is obviously crucial so I would be saying farewell to Reid, Elliott, and Wells. Dunn probably isn't going to get renewed so that leaves one more. Crocker, Madgen, Goldsack or Varcoe?

OK maybe we do need to move on more than five...

It's actually embarrassing, Quaynor took the game on a couple times and on 2 occasions we got direct goals from his play.

How hard is it?

Realistically we may move on five. A fit squad is obviously crucial so I would be saying farewell to Reid, Elliott, and Wells. Dunn probably isn't going to get renewed so that leaves one more. Crocker, Madgen, Goldsack or Varcoe?

Realistically we will trade change over 5/6 players

It's the 2/3 blokes we bring in that can make the whole difference

Move on all that you listed add Crocker , broomhead gets 1 more due to can’t get rid of them all ditto Daicos

Some players that are out of contract this year (unless they have recently re-signed)
Tom Cutler (BL) 192cm swingman
Keath
Tipungwuti
Griffin Logue
Jack Martin
Tomlinson
N. Larkey
D. Butler
Z. Jones

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion 2020 Changes

Remove this Banner Ad