2020 Draft and Trades Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

That's how you win a premiership , Richmond too many small . buttler jack Higgins . Role player like Baker , Jayden short , Broad , Graham not a top 5 pick .

Don’t see any of the above being inside mids only

Don’t see any of the above being inside mids only
That is what your game plan is for , draft players that are able to play different position . Rowell and Anderson more balance mid , can play inside and outside and can score goal in the forward line . Don't draft player like 2mp that are tall and yet said don't want to play ruck.Even Max king ruck a bit for st Kilda.

Last edited:
That is what your game plan is for , draft players that are able to play different position . Rowell and Anderson more balance mid , can play inside and outside and can score goal in the forward line . Don't draft player like 2mp that are tall and yet said don't want to play ruck.Even Max king ruck a bit for st Kilda.

so Phillips is out then.

inside mid only, no other strings to his game

so Phillips is out then.

inside mid only, no other strings to his game

He's a tough, hard-working, physical inside midfielder who can also push forward. Is a consistent ball-getter – he averaged 22 disposals for the Chargers last season – and kicked two goals in their NAB League Grand Final win.

*****"
You only can play 18 players on field at any time , with the other four sitting on benches .

Phillip could be like Richmond Graham , a lot of people said he is slow inside mid and yet tiger extended his contract, due to Crotchin , Martin and other flexibility.
If Phillip can play with Rowell and Anderson for Oakleigh , i don't see why he cannot with GCS , both swallow and greenwood can spend a bit of time in forward line too they are not getting any younger for crash and bang inside mid .

Last edited:
No doubt Phillips looks very good. But who he will replace in best 22? He may sit on the bench like Caldwell. My main worry with more top talent come in - how do we keep them all? I suspect in 2 yea

He's a tough, hard-working, physical inside midfielder who can also push forward. Is a consistent ball-getter – he averaged 22 disposals for the Chargers last season – and kicked two goals in their NAB League Grand Final win.

*****"
You only can play 18 players on field at any time , with the other four sitting on benches .

Phillip could be like Richmond Graham , a lot of people said he is slow inside mid and yet tiger extended his contract, due to Crotchin , Martin and other flexibility.
If Phillip can play with Rowell and Anderson for Oakleigh , i don't see why he cannot with GCS , both swallow and greenwood can spend a bit of time in forward line too they are not getting any younger for crash and bang inside mid .

He ran a 2.9 40 yard - that's as fast as Noah Anderson. If you watch his highlights you can see that acceleration from the contest.

Swallow should definitely be looking to be played in different positions outside of the centre square to preserve him for the length of his contract.

Greenwood may only have 2 years as a full-time mid given he is 29 at start of 2021 season, plus he has some ability to play forward.

He ran a 2.9 40 yard - that's as fast as Noah Anderson. If you watch his highlights you can see that acceleration from the contest.

Swallow should definitely be looking to be played in different positions outside of the centre square to preserve him for the length of his contract.

Greenwood may only have 2 years as a full-time mid given he is 29 at start of 2021 season, plus he has some ability to play forward.
Agree , same thought . Yup the acceleration from contest not many mid have it , GCS try Weller , but he is a HF/ wing . Brodie i'm still hoping .

What i am trying to said is you can have inside mid that are slow with teammate compliment each other .

Will have Davies Bowes Fiorini Brodie Ainsworth Flanders all looking for midfield time or more of.
Along with touk Greenwood swallow Anderson and Rowell with Ellis n Atkins on the wings.

should be shoring up either end of the ground

I agree but if we remain at #5 and Phillips ends up there then he is the clear next best and only blue chip talent left on the board. Picking another player based on need that isn't anywhere near as good is pure folly.

Brodie's papers are stamped, Flanders will have to bide his time as a forward, Ainsworth is a forward, Bowes can play multiple positions, Davies will have play a lot of NEAFL.

I'm not a fan of using every draft asset in the next 2 years to move from #5 to #2 to get 1 player unproven player based on our need.

Use the 2nd rd picks this year to get into 2nd rd in 2021 and have multiple picks in a deeper draft to pick based on need

I suspect another WB midfield player(s) could be unhappy next year besides Dunkley and be available.
I thought Bowes would naturally be put through the midfield this year, but maybe not. If he is happy to play predominantly in the back 6 again, it creates some more opportunity for Flanders/Phillips to run through there. If you have 3 way rotations thats 9 players to go through.

Greenwood/Swallow/Flanders
Rowell/Miller/Phillips
Anderson/Weller/Bowes

Phillips will have to learn a second position regardless, pressure fwd, wing, back pocket.

I know this isn't exactly what you're talking about, sometimes I skip from one thing to another. It will be interesting to see how they go this year, the dogs. I don't mind a cheeky dabble @ $18

On SM-G960W using BigFooty.com mobile app

HB role is for good kicker and break the line , swallow is neither here or there .
Brodie and Florini in danger if they can't play another role effectively .

Remember a lot of Adelaide fans ask GCS to downgrade and Rankine is flight risk compare to Hately . Jeez lucky did not downgrade , could end up losing Rankine and Hately (PSD). :) hightsight bit*h.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
Cheeky Bid on Sydney Campbell before picking Phillip . Time to turn nasty .Need to at least get Sydney or other club next year second Rd for 27 and 37 if can't move up , then use 3 future second Rd to move up next year .

I like Campbell alot, his footskills are the best in the draft
We won't steal another teams academy kid, have enough to accommodate our own. Have heard we will prelist Davies and Jeffrey, have one draft pick then assess our needs for the rookie list. Given the shallow draft (now minimum 1 pick) the rest of the academy kids are unlikely to attract bids.

We won't steal another teams academy kid, have enough to accommodate our own. Have heard we will prelist Davies and Jeffrey, have one draft pick then assess our needs for the rookie list. Given the shallow draft (now minimum 1 pick) the rest of the academy kids are unlikely to attract bids.

Wouldn’t put it past someone like a hawthorn or Richmond or Essendon to draft Gore, Lake or Pescud tbh.
Let’s hope not

Remove this Banner Ad

2020 Draft and Trades Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back