2020 Draft and Trades Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you will find he said he was going to re-sign with GWS and then demanded a trade. It’s swings and roundabouts
Imagine Collingwood get pick 5 and in one year time he say goodbye to GCS .Better said no now rather than do Ablett .

Im happy with whoever take at pick 5 plus 2 first round talents for free in Davies and Jeffrey. How arent you happy with that??
Are you being serious? We are getting an absolute bounty for free. Strange comment.

correct.

Getting academy kids for free not drafting them.

hence I said should check out all there profiles and highlights.

We pre-list them before the draft if I'm
Not correct?

I’ll be an interested to see if Suns draft up higher then pick 5 on draft night though

correct.

Getting academy kids for free not drafting them.

hence I said should check out all there profiles and highlights.

We pre-list them before the draft if I'm
Not correct?

I’ll be an interested to see if Suns draft up higher then pick 5 on draft night though
May as well throw all our picks this year and our first a next at North for pick 2

why??? Our first this year and next isn’t going to get it done and If we have identified talent we want we may as well as we aren’t going to use the two later picks anyway so they are the icing to get the deal done

North get 5, 27, 37 and next years first

Suns get pick 2

May as well throw all our picks this year and our first a next at North for pick 2

why??? Our first this year and next isn’t going to get it done and If we have identified talent we want we may as well as we aren’t going to use the two later picks anyway so they are the icing to get the deal done

Suns get pick 2

It's unders - Bombers would be itching to give North 6 & 7 to get up to 2

Suns get pick 2
Id do that, we overpay but if McDonald is still on the board we have to back ourselves in to improve next year and that him and King will be a brilliant f50 partnership. Talent like that doesn't come around very often.

Suns get pick 2

Iva ..can I ask the talent you have identified for all that for 3 players? I doubt North could say no that.

Suns get pick 2
Interesting, not long time ago you and others considered pick 5 + next year first for North pick 2 as a crazy trade that only incompetent SUNS would do :) What has changed?

By the way, I would only do it on draft night if McDonald is available. Not for DGB. I suspect North would be very tempted. Pick 5 would still give them a top talent. I feel like SUNS are now loaded with midfield talent. No real need to add Phillips. He could turn out to be our Caldwell. If we do draft Caldwell, I would expect both Brodie and Fiorini gone next off-season.

Yes, Jeffrey and Davies represent basically 2 free 2nd round picks (after 20% discount if we would had to match).

Last edited:
We actually realistically don’t need another midfielder. We have Rowell and Anderson, Bowes is still ultimately meant to be shifted into the midfield, Brodie I still believe can be a dominant clearance mix, as well as Greenwood, Miller, Swallow and Fiorini with Ellis and Atkins on the wings now too.

what we need is defenders.

I’d be all in on drafting DGB

Id do that, we overpay but if McDonald is still on the board we have to back ourselves in to improve next year and that him and King will be a brilliant f50 partnership. Talent like that doesn't come around very often.

Sorry for the interruption guys.

But I see this as highly likely, it’s better than the Essendon deal for us.

We still get one of the big 5, you guys don’t need the picks, you back yourselves for next year with Rowell back.

We then have 4 x 2nd rounders to trade into the first round on the night.

We also have 2 x first rounders next year.

We get 5 x first rounders in the door in 2 years. Technically 6 if you count Stephenson

Last edited:

Suns get pick 2

don’t need to start so high.
But would be fine with paying the above to get our man

Suns Would need to do the biggest background check in AFL history. Talking to anyone in WA he has even laid an eye on.

I’d even look to bring family or partners over to further strengthen his bond to QLD

Selling the absolute farm right now at the pinch point of the Suns success only for Macdonald to leave after 2 or so years would set us back 5+ years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Iva ..can I ask the talent you have identified for all that for 3 players? I doubt North could say no that.
Honestly we don’t know, the belief is it’s McDonald but evidence is flimsy

Last edited:
Interesting, not long time ago you and others considered pick 5 + next year first for North pick 2 as a crazy trade that only incompetent SUNS would do :) What has changed?

By the way, I would only do it on draft night if McDonald is available. Not for DGB. I suspect North would be very tempted. Pick 5 would still give them a top talent. I feel like SUNS are now loaded with midfield talent. No real need to add Phillips. He could turn out to be our Caldwell. If we do draft Caldwell, I would expect both Brodie and Fiorini gone next off-season.

Yes, Jeffrey and Davies represent basically 2 free 2nd round picks (after 20% discount if we would had to match).
I haven’t changed my mind and I do think it’s mad, my preference is to take pick 5 to the draft. I am merely putting up potential scenarios that If we are going to do it this would be a potential way to tempt the Roos and suit us as we are unlikely to use 27 and 37

Haha a couple of months ago I was in the Phillips is more of what we got camp, now after looking at the bulldogs midfield depth I'd be happy taking him.

Don't want to throw away next years first, any of the top 5 would suit us fine and next years draft will have a few overflows so it should theoretically be stronger

On SM-G960W using BigFooty.com mobile app

Generation talent KPF is a myths, GCS play Lukosius a KPF in U18 in defense .
Jack Riedwolt not a generation talent and outside of top 10 pick .

Adelaide , Melbourne, and GCS all trade to get players from mini draft .

Last edited:
Haha a couple of months ago I was in the Phillips is more of what we got camp, now after looking at the bulldogs midfield depth I'd be happy taking him.

Don't want to throw away next years first, any of the top 5 would suit us fine and next years draft will have a few overflows so it should theoretically be stronger

next years first will be in the 10-15range anyway 🙌🏼😉

No doubt Phillips looks very good. But who he will replace in best 22? He may sit on the bench like Caldwell. My main worry with more top talent come in - how do we keep them all? I suspect in 2 years one of them will leave and so on, the same way it's happening at GWS. The only thing that can save us in future is winning and Rowell enforcing 'do the right thing" with regard to our top players salaries :)

That's how you win a premiership , Richmond too many small . buttler jack Higgins . Role player like Baker , Jayden short , Broad , Graham not a top 5 pick .
Alan Rance gone , no problem Pick after 20 Balta step in .

Remove this Banner Ad

2020 Draft and Trades Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back