2020 Draft and Trades Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't say I have seen him play much apart from the academy games, butI didn't realize Nichols was a stand out. I'd have a couple ahead of him/ Clearly the club sees something that is useful. A halfback or wing seems he plays.
The article did imply that it would be AT LEAST 1 more academy. Probably a couple more if they include him.

I can't say I have seen him play much apart from the academy games, butI didn't realize Nichols was a stand out. I'd have a couple ahead of him/ Clearly the club sees something that is useful. A halfback or wing seems he plays.
The article did imply that it would be AT LEAST 1 more academy. Probably a couple more if they include him.
Also still possibility of taking acedemy kids in rookie draft. Pick 5 plus 3 spots left.

Also still possibility of taking acedemy kids in rookie draft. Pick 5 plus 3 spots left.
Yeah, which probably is quite likely.

The cut off day was yesterday, strange nobody from the AFL has reported who has been nominated (NGA/FS/Academy)

Yeah, which probably is quite likely.

The cut off day was yesterday, strange nobody from the AFL has reported who has been nominated (NGA/FS/Academy)

The longer the wait the more I think the likes of Gore, Fyfe, Pescud have all missed spots. I still think Johnston is a strong option

The longer the wait the more I think the likes of Gore, Fyfe, Pescud have all missed spots. I still think Johnston is a strong option
what makes you think the wait has anything to do with it? But you're probably right. Maybe monday is when the annoucement will be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With all this talk of list spots being so tight, this doesn’t make much sense to me. We have Holman and Macpherson for the defensive forward role and Ainsworth, Rankine, Sexton taking up the other small spots. Plus some of our midfielders will be spending time rotating forward to fit them all in you would think (Anderson,Rowell,Weller,Greenwood possibly). And then you have Farrar and Ace developing plus the likes of Gore and Pescud are available on rookie deals if we want them.

Ok i prefer Thompson 5 years deal than Jacob Townsend . Craig Cameron is losing it . I apologize for my whinging.

Townsend is 187cm. A bit taller than your usual small forward, maybe they want to use him in another forward role?

might as well kept schoenfield just to drag everyone around in the running drills.
I don’t see Townsend replacing Ainsworth or Rankine or even sexton.

I’d even prefer to give game time to Flanders over Townsend

Looks like out of the kids from last year, Budarick and Rosas have only been upgraded.

GOLD COAST

INS:

Rory Atkins (Unrestricted Free agent)

Conor Budarik (Promoted rookie)

Nick Holman (Promoted rookie)

Oleg Markov (Trade)

Malcolm Rosas Jnr (Promoted rookie)

Hawego Pul Oea (Int scholarship)

OUTS:

Jacob Dawson (Not retained)

Corey Ellis (Delisted)

Sam Fletcher (Not retained)

Pearce Hanley (Retired)

Jarrod Harbrow (*Delisted, set to move to rookie list)

Jacob Heron (Not retained)

Jack Hombsch (*Delisted, set to move to rookie list)

George Horlin-Smith (Retired)

Jesse Joyce (Delisted)

Anthony Miles (Retired)

Jordan Murdoch (*Delisted, set to move to rookie list)

Mitchell Riordan (Not retained)

Joshua Schoenfeld (Not retained)

Zac Smith (*Delisted, set to move to rookie list)

Peter Wright (Trade)

As much as i like Townsend news to be fake , gut feel said he already signed .

Looks like out of the kids from last year, Budarick and Rosas have only been upgraded.

GOLD COAST

INS:

Rory Atkins (Unrestricted Free agent)

Conor Budarik (Promoted rookie)

Nick Holman (Promoted rookie)

Oleg Markov (Trade)

Malcolm Rosas Jnr (Promoted rookie)

Hawego Pul Oea (Int scholarship)

OUTS:

Jacob Dawson (Not retained)

Corey Ellis (Delisted)

Sam Fletcher (Not retained)

Pearce Hanley (Retired)

Jarrod Harbrow (*Delisted, set to move to rookie list)

Jacob Heron (Not retained)

Jack Hombsch (*Delisted, set to move to rookie list)

George Horlin-Smith (Retired)

Jesse Joyce (Delisted)

Anthony Miles (Retired)

Jordan Murdoch (*Delisted, set to move to rookie list)

Mitchell Riordan (Not retained)

Joshua Schoenfeld (Not retained)

Zac Smith (*Delisted, set to move to rookie list)

Peter Wright (Trade)
Yeah, confirmed by foxsports. That leaves one spot on senior list for pick 5, trading pick 27, 3 rookie spots left with unconfirmed Nicholls and Townsend candidates to fill 2 of them.

GOLD COAST SUNS

Draft picks:
5, 27, 76, 84

Who has left: Jacob Dawson (delisted), Corey Ellis (delisted), Sam Fletcher (delisted), Pearce Hanley (retired), Jacob Heron (delisted), George Horlin-Smith (retired), Jesse Joyce (delisted), Anthony Miles (retired), Mitch Riordan (delisted), Josh Schoenfeld (delisted), Peter Wright (Essendon, trade)

Who has arrived: Rory Atkins (Adelaide Crows, free agent), Oleg Markov (Richmond, trade)

Promoted rookies: Conor Budarick, Nick Holman, Malcolm Rosas Jnr

Retained rookies: Jarrod Harbrow (will move from senior list), Jack Hombsch (will move from senior list), Jordan Murdoch (will move from senior list), Hawego Paul Oea (Category B), Zac Smith (will move from senior list)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

2020 Draft and Trades Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back