2020 Draft and Trades Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Positive : will Brodie
Negative : none.

Positive : will Brodie
Negative : none.

Debateable

I have a feeling we just had a lot of tyre kickers or people wanting to come that we had no interest in
For the draft nuffees , understand we may have to delist 4 players off the senior list onto the rookie to get a draft pick. Think Murdoch, Harbrow, Hombsch and possibly McLennan (if Holman can't stay as a rookie) are in the gun. If they were to be delisted but promised to be re rookied can other clubs poach both the uncontracted players and the contracted ie a McLennan or just the uncontracted ie Harbrow (not that he will be taken) ???. The answer probably will determine which players we demote

Last edited:
Nice to have a quiet trade period, last year Martin, 2018 our Captains May and Lynch, 2017 Ablett and Saad, 2016 O’meara and Prestia. So it is a big improvement on previous years. We should all enjoy it for what it is, and also take comfort in watching Collingwoods demise..

For the draft nuffees , understand we may have to delist 4 players off the senior list onto the rookie to get a draft pick. Think Murdoch, Harbrow, Hombsch and possibly McLennan (if Holman can't stay as a rookie) are in the gun. If they were to be delisted but promised to be re rookied can other clubs poach both the uncontracted players and the contracted ie a McLennan or just the uncontracted is Hombsch ???. The answer probably will determine which players we demote

In all honesty we would be praying that if we delisted these players that they would be poached as they are all cooked.

It would be nice to just delist and say see you later. Much prefer these guys left who are basically clogging our list than miss out on a rookie who could have a long career with us like Brodie Lake.

In all honesty we would be praying that if we delisted these players that they would be poached as they are all cooked.

It would be nice to just delist and say see you later. Much prefer these guys left who are basically clogging our list than miss out on a rookie who could have a long career with us like Brodie Lake.
Could see McLennan and maybe Hombsch possibly getting a gig somewhere as depth but as both are contracted are they up for grabs if delisted guess that's my point

Could see McLennan and maybe Hombsch possibly getting a gig somewhere as depth but as both are contracted are they up for grabs if delisted guess that's my point

If we delist them they are up for grabs. There is an expectation that if you delist a player with years still on his contract to rookie him that the club do so.

A club gets a bad name if they just start ending players careers without giving them a chance to see out their contract. Player managers would be steering players clear of a club that engaged in such behavior.

Just wait for list lodgement then no need guess. Holman i don't think anyone want him , his rookie contract is like mihochek and young . He is such a waste to be on limited senior list .

Last edited:
I think the rules are 44 players in total including rookies. So you can have 40 listed players and 4 rookies if you like. Therefore the Suns have lost 3 list spots. I don’t think we will have to delist anyone and re-rookie them as technically we are just getting the same pro rata list change as everyone else

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the draft nuffees , understand we may have to delist 4 players off the senior list onto the rookie to get a draft pick. Think Murdoch, Harbrow, Hombsch and possibly McLennan (if Holman can't stay as a rookie) are in the gun. If they were to be delisted but promised to be re rookied can other clubs poach both the uncontracted players and the contracted ie a McLennan or just the uncontracted ie Harbrow (not that he will be taken) ???. The answer probably will determine which players we demote
I doubt any of the players you mentioned would be taken by any other club

I think the rules are 44 players in total including rookies. So you can have 40 listed players and 4 rookies if you like. Therefore the Suns have lost 3 list spots. I don’t think we will have to delist anyone and re-rookie them as technically we are just getting the same pro rata list change as everyone else

Article says
This is a cut of two to the primary list and one to the total rookie numbers.
So I guess pro rata for SUNS is 38 + 9 + 3 or 38 + 10 + 2

Detailed in The Age report are specifics surrounding how a list could be compromised - if clubs have seven rookies (four Category A and three Category B) then they can only have 37 players on their primary list.

Should a club have 36 primary listed players, it must then have at least one rookie to reach the minimum list size of 37 - there had been no requirement previously for a club to have rookie listed players

Simple mathematics don't make it complicated , pro rata
37 minimum + 6 rookie A +1 rookie B ( cut two rookie A or B )
37+ 7= 44
40 senior list , 2 rookie A and 2 rookie B
40+4 = 44
37 minimum + 9 Rookie + 1 rookie B ( Cut Two rookie A or B )
37 + 10 = 47 .
40 senior , 6 rookie A and 1 rookie B
or 40 senior , 4 rookie A and 3 rookie B.

Last edited:
Just read the transcript of the Ned Guy interview with foxfooty.......if that's not someone in denial, then I'm not sure what is....And haven't heard a word from Eddie. Most unlike him as he has an opinion on everything that's not Collingwood.
And trading Tom Phillips for #65........yep that's a good way to get back into the draft....

It's been...

A very very long and exhausting night.

:oops:

Bring on the draft.

I've got no issues with the players moving on. I hate the way they were treated, but we have got some kids that will be wanting opportunities. Philips was basically pushed out of his role by Daicos, so no hard feelings on that one.
On the other two.. you just get the sense there was something BTS.

I do have an issue with the picks. No way should have given dogs all those 2nd rounders plus treloar, especially with the pies paying $$
Phillips.. is a digrace. 24 year old. Pick 65..
Stevo was worth more..

but what can you do.

Heads should roll. Fans are disgusted.

Last edited:
Regardless of list sizes I wouldn’t even too disappointed if any of the following were delisted:

Holman, Burgess, Hombsch, Murdoch, Harbrow, Towey
Exactly especially Burgess , instead of getting Callum Wilkins one of the best for st Kilda , GCS get him and trade in hombsch.

I disagree with Atkins not being best 22. Markov is not clear but he should play the majority of the year. We have improved the list, didn't lose anyone who made much of a difference and still have a top 5 draft pick. Good offseason so far compared to what we usually cop

Remove this Banner Ad

2020 Draft and Trades Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back