Prediction 2020 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd actually like to see us double up on the NT. Play Melbourne in Alice and GC in Darwin.

We seem to have a big following in the NT, so it would hardly be an away game against either of those clubs and it's less travel if they replace east coast (MCG aside) games, even better if we manage to avoid a Tasmania trip.

It won't happen, but I reckon it would be a nice fixture bonus.

Based on where we finished the season (in the top 6), my wish list would comprise;

1) Our double up games against the Melbourne based teams of Collingwood and Richmond. I think we can beat them both, and we get valuable game time at the MCG
2) 1 game against Geelong, in Perth
3) 1 game against Brisbane, in Perth
3) 1 game against Sydney, in Perth. We have an absolutely shocking record at the SCG
4) 2 away games in Adelaide against the Crows and Port, to avoid travel
5) 1 away game against Melbourne in Alice springs
6) 2 games against the gold coast (unlikely, but we can hope)

Lets say the fixture is 23 rounds, and we play our first game at home

Assuming therefore that we doubled up against my realistic wish list opponents, these being: Collingwood, Richmond, Crows, Power, and Fremantle (Naturally), our home fixture might look like

Home Games:

1) Fremantle
2) Brisbane
3) Collingwood
4) Richmond
5) Crows
6) Power
7) Carlton
8) Sydney
9) GWS
10) Bulldogs
11) Geelong
12) Hawthorn

Away Games:

1) Fremantle
2) North Melbourne
3) Melbourne (Alice Springs)
4) Collingwood
5) Richmond
6) Port Adelaide
7) Adelaide
8) St Kilda
9) Gold Coast
10) Melbourne
11) Collingwood

Due to the TK trade, there's no doubt we're getting the Cats twice.
Haven't had Tigers twice for a while, plus we're the big 2 teams heading into 2020.
We tend to get an Adelaide side, so that means Port in 2020 after Crows in 2019.
Obviously we get Freo, so the last double up I'll go with Norf just cos.

Geelong, Richmond, Port Adelaide, Norf, Freo would actually be a good result.

Now that I wrote it out, I'm thinking we'll get the hardest draw & get a 3rd top 6 double (GWS instead of Norf).

Geelong, Richmond, Port Adelaide, Norf, Freo would actually be a good result.

Now that I wrote it out, I'm thinking we'll get the hardest draw & get a 3rd top 6 double (GWS instead of Norf).

That would be a horrific draw for finishing 5th! The premiers twice, Geelong at alphabet stadium again, and Norf in Hobart!

That's riot worthy. Only way it gets harder is a Melbourne trip to play Collingwood and GWS at wherever-the-f*ck-their-home-ground-is. That should be Richmond's fixture, not ours!

That would be a horrific draw for finishing 5th! The premiers twice, Geelong at alphabet stadium again, and Norf in Hobart!

That's riot worthy. Only way it gets harder is a Melbourne trip to play Collingwood and GWS at wherever-the-f*ck-their-home-ground-is. That should be Richmond's fixture, not ours!

Damn bruv, eat a Snickers. Just my predictions.

Nothing wrong with Richmond twice. We smashed them here in 2018 & pushed them at the G in 2019.

Collingwood in Melbourne isn't the worst. We've beat them the last 3 times over there, or have you already forgot?
Same with GWS, where we won the last game over there.
Norf in Hobart, well we always get an odd location thrown in every year (Alice Springs 2019). I assume it's our Tasmania time.

But yes, you're right. That should be Richmond's fixture, not 17 games in your home state & the last 7 at your home ground.

Geelong in round 1 so we can unveil Telly to them in glorious wings
Richmond in round 2 at the G so we can beat them at the BS home of footy and have them scared of us all year long
Collingwood in round 3 at the G so i can watch Eddie's face go red ASAP
Port in round 4 in Adelaide for the lols and 4 guaranteed points and so i can go to a game early and drink beer in the warmer weather
Crows in round 5 in Adelaide because i dont plan on leaving Adelaide oval and want to drain all the kegs dry then eat pie floaters
GWS in round 6 in GWS so Nic can kick another sealer seconds before the siren
Brisbane in round 7 at the GABBA so we can get some payback for round 1 last year
Sydney in round 8 at the SCG cos i like beating Sydney
Gold Coast in round 9 up there because id hate to play them away late in the year and be the club that sends them to Tasmania
Hawks in round 10 at the G in front of 90,000+ with Gov taking a mark on Sicily and playing on to Vardy, Ryan ,Sheed, Goal.
A bunch of teams at home for a few weeks and a bye and then
Freo in round 18 so we can keep them to zero wins for the year and
Freo again in round 19 so we can spend the next 4 weeks on top of the ladder as we count our 4 cups while looking at Freos empty cabinet
Then Finals with Gaff Shep Nic and kelly getting family, friends, flags
Absolutely this!...answered all my expectations for 2020, basically flog all the teams that beat us last year and then some unfinished business to take care of!

Looking at that top 6 i'd be willing to wager our double ups will be Brisbane and GWS - AFL loves doubling up non vic teams - meaning VFL sides don't need to venture far and get more blockbuster at the g matches
happy to be proven wrong

Based on where we finished the season (in the top 6), my wish list would comprise;

1) Our double up games against the Melbourne based teams of Collingwood and Richmond. I think we can beat them both, and we get valuable game time at the MCG
2) 1 game against Geelong, in Perth
3) 1 game against Brisbane, in Perth
3) 1 game against Sydney, in Perth. We have an absolutely shocking record at the SCG
4) 2 away games in Adelaide against the Crows and Port, to avoid travel
5) 1 away game against Melbourne in Alice springs
6) 2 games against the gold coast (unlikely, but we can hope)

Lets say the fixture is 23 rounds, and we play our first game at home

Assuming therefore that we doubled up against my realistic wish list opponents, these being: Collingwood, Richmond, Crows, Power, and Fremantle (Naturally), our home fixture might look like

Home Games:

1) Fremantle
2) Brisbane
3) Collingwood
4) Richmond
5) Crows
6) Power
7) Carlton
8) Sydney
9) GWS
10) Bulldogs
11) Geelong
12) Hawthorn

Away Games:

1) Fremantle
2) North Melbourne
3) Melbourne (Alice Springs)
4) Collingwood
5) Richmond
6) Port Adelaide
7) Adelaide
8) St Kilda
9) Gold Coast
10) Melbourne
11) Collingwood
That would be an awesome and fair fixture.

No way AFL lets that happen! Bastards.

Richmond in round 2 at the G so we can beat them at the BS home of footy and have them scared of us all year long
Port in round 4 in Adelaide for the lols and 4 guaranteed points and so i can go to a game early and drink beer in the warmer weather
Crows in round 5 in Adelaide because i dont plan on leaving Adelaide oval and want to drain all the kegs dry then eat pie floaters
Brisbane in round 7 at the GABBA so we can get some payback for round 1 last year
Gold Coast in round 9 up there because id hate to play them away late in the year and be the club that sends them to Tasmania
Hawks in round 10 at the G in front of 90,000+ with Gov taking a mark on Sicily and playing on to Vardy, Ryan ,Sheed, Goal.
Freo again in round 19 so we can spend the next 4 weeks on top of the ladder as we count our 4 cups while looking at Freos empty cabinet
Not sure about round 8, but whatever.
Round 5 sounds like the most fun....if you need help, let me know.
Jesus, just re-read it, rounds 4&5...HUGE week! Hahahaha, classic ending.
If you're needing a place to sleep for the week, mate had a good snooze in the wood chips, under the trees, the northern end of the ground, at last year's test match, rated it (though not sure sleep is top of your priorities) :)

Apart from a practice match against Melbourne in 2001.

It stinks they've never had to play for premiership points there.

They haven't been to Kardinia Park since the 1980's.

You'd think that if they are trying to grow the game and get attendance up in Tassie you'd have marquee games with big Victorian teams there. Instead it's always non-vic teams....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Double ups

Richmond
Geelong
GWS
Port Adelaide
Fremantle

Swap Geelong with Essendon and I reckon that is about as good a fixture as we could hope for.

Last edited:
Just hope the afl use their brains and stop giving us 6 day breaks after away games . Its effectively a 5 day break with the long flight getting home in the early hours of the morning

Not such a big deal playing 6 days after a home game as it doesnt effect your recovery

So people know Freo finished bottom Six and we finished top 6. Under the current fixturing rules it means we 100% can't play any other bottom 6 sides twice. So have a look and read before posting...

So people know Freo finished bottom Six and we finished top 6. Under the current fixturing rules it means we 100% can't play any other bottom 6 sides twice. So have a look and read before posting...
🤦

Chill bro.

Most people understood that from the OP.

There was only one person saying that they wanted Carlton twice.... And I think it was for the lolz.

Let's keep the good vibes!

We finished 5th after H&A and 6th after finals so with any luck we only get double ups against 2 of the top 6 and then 2 of the middle 6

Port will be one, hopefully Essendon will be the other. Maybe North but that’d likely mean a trip to Tassie which would suck. Hoping to avoid a double up against the bulldogs

We played Gold Coast at home this year so should have them on the road in 2020. Ideally that would be their NT game but otherwise late in the season rather than early would be preferable

We finished 5th after H&A and 6th after finals so with any luck we only get double ups against 2 of the top 6 and then 2 of the middle 6

Port will be one, hopefully Essendon will be the other. Maybe North but that’d likely mean a trip to Tassie which would suck. Hoping to avoid a double up against the bulldogs

We played Gold Coast at home this year so should have them on the road in 2020. Ideally that would be their NT game but otherwise late in the season rather than early would be preferable

I like this. We have a very good record at Adelaide Oval and a double up against an Adelaide team is always preferable for travel reasons.

It also should mean we play Brisbane at Optus, and get a game in NT, which I think is great for the club with it's strong focus on Indigenous engagement. We might double up with Brisbane since we aren't travelling to QLD to play the Suns.

Agree it would be good to avoid a double up with Bulldogs. They are on the rise and playing them in Melbourne would be at Marvel anyway.

I reckon Essendon go backwards so would love a double up against them in 2020, plus our two games against them this year were comprehensive, so could be a percentage booster for us.

As long as it is no SCG and no GMHBA, I think top 2 in 2020 is a lock.

DerRRWAyne after Kelly kicks the sealer in round 1 "Tim Kelly for the club that didn't want him, against the club he didn't want to be at!"

How I would do the 2020 Fixture

1 - Brisbane Lions - Optus Stadium - Sunday, March 22 - 4.20pm
2 - Essendon - Marvel Stadium - Sunday, March 29 - 1.10pm
3 - Geelong Cats - Optus Stadium - Saturday, April 4 - 6.10pm (7)
4 - Richmond - MCG - Saturday, April 11 - 2.10pm
5 - Sydney Swans - Optus Stadium - Saturday, April 18 - 2.35pm
6 - Gold Coast Suns - Metricon Stadium - Saturday, April 25 - 7.25pm
7 - Fremantle - Optus Stadium - Saturday, May 2 - 6.10pm
8 - Port Adelaide - Optus Stadium - Sunday, May 10 - 3.20pm
9 - Western Bulldogs - Marvel Stadium - Sunday, May 17 - 1.10pm
10 - St Kilda - Optus Stadium - Saturday, May 23 - 6.10pm
11 - Collingwood - MCG - Sunday, May 31 - 3.20pm (7)
12 - Adelaide Crows - Optus Stadium - Sunday, June 7 - 3.20pm

14 - Essendon - Optus Stadium - Thursday, June 18 - 6.10pm (7)
15 - Geelong Cats - GMHBA Stadium - Friday, June 26 - 7.50pm (7)
16 - Hawthorn - Optus Stadium - Saturday, July 4 - 6.10pm
17 - North Melbourne - Blunstone Arena - Saturday, July 11 - 2.10pm
18 - Carlton - Optus Stadium - Sunday, July 19 - 1.20pm (7)
19 - Melbourne - MCG - Saturday, July 25 - 1.45pm
20 - Fremantle - Optus Stadium - Saturday, August 1 - 6.10pm
21 - GWS GIANTS - GIANTS Stadium - Saturday, August 8 - 4.35pm
22 - Richmond - Optus Stadium - Friday, August 14 - 6.10pm (7)
23 - Port Adelaide - Adelaide Oval - Saturday, August 22 - 4.05pm

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction 2020 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Back