List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Rucci just said on SEN this morning our offer is 2.6 million over 4 years to Crouch, the Crows haven't offered him a deal as of yet and likely won't go over 3 years if they do.

Will come down to if the Crows match our offer or not it seems.
lol, I reckon that's a total guess. I've got absolutely no idea whatsoever and have been saying for a while 1.2m in 1st year, 450 per year after which works out about that level, but that was total fantasy, I reckon he's 100% doing the same guessing IMO.

Man I hope we do offer something for Crouch and snare him though, sits in the perfect window age wise, skill wise, etc to make us better for multiple years.

lol, I reckon that's a total guess. I've got absolutely no idea whatsoever and have been saying for a while 1.2m in 1st year, 450 per year after which works out about that level, but that was total fantasy, I reckon he's 100% doing the same guessing IMO.

Man I hope we do offer something for Crouch and snare him though, sits in the perfect window age wise, skill wise, etc to make us better for multiple years.
I'd be happy with that offer for him, with his history it's probably what he is worth.

He'd fit in well with our side.

Part of me wants us to snare him just to see the Adelaide media turn on him and what happens with that.

Rucci has written a fair few articles on the Port website this year, i would be surprised if he didn't have a few sources within the organisation.

Re: Crouch, if he picks us, the Crows won't match. We don't have a first round pick to trade this year so the FA compo will be better than what they could get out of us via trade.

CD can be pretty f@%king savage, damn...

On the Adelaide Crows:
“I want to do them slowly. There’s gotta be a bit of sport in this for all of us. And in the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances. More of them! I want to be encouraged. There’s gonna be no easy execution for them. They’ve perpetuated one of the great mischiefs on the South Australian football public. And if they think we’re going to put them out of their misery quickly, they can think again.”

On Gillon McLachlan:
“[His performance] is like being flogged with a warm lettuce. There he sits, all dressed up like a Tony Barlow doll but with no place to go. This is the sort of little-boy, stamp your foot stuff which comes from a financial yuppie when you shoe him into footy. I’d put him in the same class as the rest of them: mediocrity. “

On Eddie McGuire:
“He has more hide than a herd of elephants. The principle saboteur, the man with the cheap fistful of dollars. I did not slither out of the Triple M studio like a mangy maggot. I do not want to hear any mealy-mouthed talk from the President of Collingwood.”

On John Olsen:
“I am not interested in the views of painted, perfumed gigolos. What we have here is an intellectual rust bucket. This gutless spiv, and I refer to him as a gutless spiv, could not rise above his own opportunism or his incapacity to lead. He represents nothing and nobody.”

On the SANFL:
“The Sanfull is more to be pitied than despised, the poor old thing. The AFL ought to put it down like a faithful dog because it is of no use to no-one and of no use to the football nation.”

On Michelangelo Rucci:
“That you, Rooch? CD here. Just because you swallowed a f@%kng dictionary when you were about fifteen doesn't give you the right to pour a bucket of sh*t over the rest of us.”

On Bruce McAvaney:
"You had an important place in Australian sport as the pre-eminent commentator and you gave it up to be a pop star. With a big cheque. And now you're on to this sort of stuff. That shows what a 24 carat pissant you are, Bruce, that's for sure.”

To Mike Smithson, AKA "The Goat F@%ker," at a press conference:
"Shut up! Sit down and shut up, you pig! You stupid foul-mouthed grub. You boxhead, you wouldn't know. You are flat out counting past ten.”

On co-captains in 2020:
“[to Hinkley] Now listen mate, you're not getting co-captains. You can forget it. This is a f@%king Boulevard Hotel special, this is. The trouble is we are dealing with a stats junkie here [gesturing at Bassett.] I go out for a piss and they pull this one on me. Well that's the last time I leave you two alone. From now on, I'm sticking to you two like sh*t to a blanket.”

On Mark Ricciuto:
“He’s all tip and no iceberg. A low-altitude flyer. Roo could not operate a tart shop. [His BS is] just small time punk stuff coming from a punk organisation.”

On Tex Walker:
“What we have got is a dead carcass, swinging in the breeze, but nobody will cut it down to replace him.”

View attachment 970231
What did CD call the umpires?

"...old tarts, whingers, thugs, disgusting frauds and clowns who could barely string a sentence together..."

(paraphrased from Martin/Molloy, may not be accurate)

Am I the only one who would trade Marshall for Ben brown in an instant. A target to take pressure of Dixon who can actually kick straight? There's 100 goals a year (in a normal year) between them and he's only 27.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You have to ask “If Ben Brown is so good, why is North getting rid of him?”

Brown is a complete defensive liability - great when he gets the ball in his hand and kicks goals, but what about the other side of the game? Does he being teammates into it like Dixon? Does he put on tackle pressure like Marshall? When a team is looking to move the ball out of defence, will he make sure he takes care of his man?

All signs point to no, which is why guys like Brown and Walker are on the nose across the league.

“Those dummies and dimwits, those officiating hoboes - they are irrelevant, useless and immoral. Their existence is putrid. It is absolutely putrid. These cowards, these hillbillies, that vile constituency - the umpires of the AFL - insist on being mugs, absolute mugs. They swan around grounds all over Australia trying to play statesman, then make cowardly attacks on our great game. What really amuses me and almost makes me spew is that they have no ideas, no integrity and no ability. These pieces of vermin will be lucky to get a job cleaning shithouses if I ever become CEO. Damn them for being the cheats they are.”

Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 7.45.53 pm.png

Brown is a complete defensive liability - great when he gets the ball in his hand and kicks goals, but what about the other side of the game? Does he being teammates into it like Dixon? Does he put on tackle pressure like Marshall? When a team is looking to move the ball out of defence, will he make sure he takes care of his man?

All signs point to no, which is why guys like Brown and Walker are on the nose across the league.

I garuntee you brown won't be on the nose and I agree he's not as good as Marshall defensively... He's a 5x better offensive player, I believe would make us more potent right away and I'm not waiting until boak and Gray retire to strike. We're funnelling everything through Dixon which makes us too predictable and I reckon the dynamics would work really well. If you asked me for joe daniher it would be a firm no

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“Those dummies and dimwits, those officiating hoboes - they are irrelevant, useless and immoral. Their existence is putrid. It is absolutely putrid. These cowards, these hillbillies, that vile constituency - the umpires of the AFL - insist on being mugs, absolute mugs. They swan around grounds all over Australia trying to play statesman, then make cowardly attacks on our great game. What really amuses me and almost makes me spew is that they have no ideas, no integrity and no ability. These pieces of vermin will be lucky to get a job cleaning shithouses if I ever become CEO. Damn them for being the cheats they are.”

View attachment 970685
Brilliant. Even better than what I was thinking - your gif from the Umpiring: corruption incompetence thread

29qrt0.gif

And big question marks about physical and mental fitness. I genuinely hope he's not done, but I'm pretty sure he is.

I just don't get the Brad Crouch love, if he is a Ollie replacement, fine. But I think is Ollie is staying, its been a roller coaster, but that's over. Rocky/Ebert replacement, looks solid. But...

Houston to the midfield needs to happen (i'd be pissed if I was him) and DBJ should also be in the conversation. Importantly they get the ball and use it well. BC, is a clanger king, but to be fair when you are working in the engine room, in a bad side, that's what happens.

I hate to say it, if we did need anything, its half back flankers.

Not convinced with our small forwards (too narrowed in skillset and lack of defensive pressure). Solid small forwards are easy to get, comparatively. I think a change of scenery works well for small forwards.

I just don't get the Brad Crouch love, if he is a Ollie replacement, fine. But I think is Ollie is staying, its been a roller coaster, but that's over. Rocky/Ebert replacement, looks solid. But...

Houston to the midfield needs to happen (i'd be pissed if I was him) and DBJ should also be in the conversation. Importantly they get the ball and use it well. BC, is a clanger king, but to be fair when you are working in the engine room, in a bad side, that's what happens.

I hate to say it, if we did need anything, its half back flankers.

Not convinced with our small forwards (too narrowed in skillset and lack of defensive pressure). Solid small forwards are easy to get, comparatively. I think a change of scenery works well for small forwards.
I kind of agree considering everyone was whinging that we couldn't play Boak, Ebert, Rockliff, and Wines in the same midfield not so long ago. If we're losing a couple of them fairly soon he might be worth it for the right price, I wouldn't throw the kitchen sink at him though.

Brown is not on the nose across the league, he is on the nose at North. Who isn't?

'Sometimes the best defense is to have a good offense'.

You, who have so often defended Bonner, is questioning the importance of having an offensive weapon who breaks the lines, the forward press, breaks everything by kicking goals? If you can fit one player into your team who takes contested and leading marks and kicks goals, accurately, then that releases some pressure on your forward press. His defensive efforts at North aren't guaranteed to be his defensive efforts here.

Regarding bringing players into the game, I'm not going to argue that Brown does that to the same extent that Charlie. But looking at their goal assists and score involvements over their career and they are like for like. Those are admittedly career statistics. Browns pressure acts are below average as are his tackles. Again, his defensive efforts at North aren't guaranteed to be his defensive efforts here. Charlie is not the same player he was when he came here.

It is hell important that Brown fills a hole in our age demographic up forward. Our two highest goal scorers this season are 32 and 30. Our great hopes in the forward line are what? 22 or under? Add a 27 year old in there and everything looks better, you have to admit.

The career stats I am referring to, courtesy of AFL Stats Pro

CharlieVsBrown.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back