List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben Brown is probably better suited to marking the ball on a lead while the ball is coming out of the back half.

Our game is based on minimising the times we have to get the ball from our back half to inside 50.

I also don't think he's suited to having the ball plonked on his head during repeat entries.

His pressure to keep the ball inside our 50 isn't as good as what we have already.

He's probably better suited to a team who doesn't have good talls (Collingwood?) or get stuck in their back half alot and transition into space he can lead into.

He takes as many marks inside 50 on a lead as he does contested. Ave 1.6 a game. Basically, he does both just as well. Regarding repeat entries, well there would be less of them because we would be scoring more goals. Regarding his leading, isn't this what Marshall already does while acting as a decoy for Dixon? Except Brown does it better.

His pressure acts and tackles are down on what we would expect no doubt. Nothing puts pressure on defenders like quick efficient scoring though surely.

I just don't understand why the issue that he would suit our forward press, repeat inside 50 gameplan. Are we scared we won't know what to do with the ball if we score instead of retain it inside 50? Its a high energy gameplan and we have seen what happens ala Geelong and Brisbane what happens when we don't have a plan B.

Still, yeah he will almost definitely go to a Victorian team or at least where he is the primary key forward unless he could be lured by the scent of success. Whether he could coexist with Dixon is a reasonable question. What happens after Dixon, especially if Marshall and Ladhams don't work out as primary KPF's, is also a reasonable question. Do we wait for a ready-made power forward who suits our gameplan to fall into our lap?

3rd rounder for Peter Wright. Wouldn't knock that at all if he wanted to come here. Gold Coast clearly want him off the books there.

Plus the novelty of having 2x Two Metre Peters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But where does he fit into our team? We have a decent amount of forward options atm. If he doesn't get games here every week why would he come.

Think Port have said MG is someone they see more as a mid than a forward. Ladhams isn't a genuine forward he'll run around the midfield and be more useful there than forward generally speaking. Todd still a work in progress has shown any real hurt factor yet.
Charlie. What if he's injured?

Ken would know as well as anyone if he has any value here but once upon a time he looked a real talent. He might be more interested in a side he could walk into but he could put Todd under serious pressure here at the very least?

One guy that might work here is Saad. Isn't he a better replacement for Bonner. Would fit into our attacking system. Not sure about his disposal though. Any thoughts?
Not a big fan, seems like his only elite trait is his pace and apart from that he is pretty mediocre

The formula for this article:

Players moving from big Victorian clubs: First-round pick(s)!!1!1

Players moving to big Victorian clubs: Third-round pick. Should really be free.

Players moving between other clubs: Second-round pick? Don't know, don't care.

One guy that might work here is Saad. Isn't he a better replacement for Bonner. Would fit into our attacking system. Not sure about his disposal though. Any thoughts?

I find him a selfish player. More interested in stat padding by selling teammates into positions they have to give it back to him than working hard defensively or non-reward running to create space.

So Crouch fits the age and needs requirements. I’m not sure how we work with Rocky, Wines and Crouch but would be happy to find out.

Saad has elite pace, is a real professional who takes care of himself, is 26 and we could get 4-6 years out of him, he is an attacking weapon. I think we could use him and I don’t get the hate. He would offer something different in our backline and is an upgrade on Bonner. No reason he couldn’t push onto a wing, HFF or through the midfield. But I think he stays at the Bombers.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back