List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

yeah you can have guys who are gut runners who work into space. I don’t think constable is that guy though.

Also Adelaide oval and port aren’t known for having lots of space to run into

Geelong fans are saying he doesn't play much game time because he doesn't have the tank for it. So I don't think he's much of a gut runner.

Treloar would be an interesting one.

Gives us speed and ball winning ability in the middle, an average kick though, no goal kicking, a serious professional by all accounts. I’m not sure how we could work a trade or convince him to come to PAFC.
Treloar is not worth his current contracted amount IMO, particularly when Collingwood would only be 100k of that.

There’s several young mature age key defenders floating around that could be drafted with a nothing pick that should be an option for us.
A tad contradictory?
Consider you are either one or the other!
Think I know what you're getting at - mature aged ie. out of their teens, but closer to the bottom end of the 20 to 30 range.

A tad contradictory?
Consider you are either one or the other!
Think I know what you're getting at - mature aged ie. out of their teens, but closer to the bottom end of the 20 to 30 range.

as in not first up out of the draft anywhere from 19-24. Serve the purpose of depth and just maybe we can unearth the next key defender. If not we ditch them in a year or two.

This is only sort of related to us - but just with all the NGA/father/son academy picks - we are all under the assumption that clubs will downgrade picks to gain points. Are clubs able to trade out a first round pick, and then trade that same pick back in, after they have selected their player in the draft?

For example as part of the Dunkley trade:

WB trade out their first rounder, for say Essendon's next years first rounder, with a later fort rounder and a few extra second rounders for points (possibly ours for Orazio). Then once they pick up Ugle-Hagan, pick swap and retrade that pick back with Essendon. Giving themselves two earlyish first rounders this year?

With Dunkley going out - WB could demand this from Essendon as part of the trade?

Again, it slightly affects us and other clubs, in terms of who might go in the draft order, but otherwise not much. Just wondering if clubs are allowed to do that?

This is only sort of related to us - but just with all the NGA/father/son academy picks - we are all under the assumption that clubs will downgrade picks to gain points. Are clubs able to trade out a first round pick, and then trade that same pick back in, after they have selected their player in the draft?

For example as part of the Dunkley trade:

WB trade out their first rounder, for say Essendon's next years first rounder, with a later fort rounder and a few extra second rounders for points (possibly ours for Orazio). Then once they pick up Ugle-Hagan, pick swap and retrade that pick back with Essendon. Giving themselves two earlyish first rounders this year?

With Dunkley going out - WB could demand this from Essendon as part of the trade?

Again, it slightly affects us and other clubs, in terms of who might go in the draft order, but otherwise not much. Just wondering if clubs are allowed to do that?
Straight answer is NO. The swans did that with Blakey in 2018 draft, trading out their 2nd rnd pick, then a low one back in after they had matched. The AFL immediately reacted, and closed that trading loophole.

However! They have stopped clubs doing what Sydney did, that is trading with the same team! Sydney traded their pick out to West Coast, matched for Blakey with junk picks, then trade a low pick back in from West Coast.

However, it is still possible to do it with two different team, but a hell of a lot more harder to ensure it happens. Then too, with the draft taking place over one night, with no gap to utilize, this year it is virtually impossible.

Going by Coobk001 depth chart, we have 2 mids outside the first 22 left with Atley being delisted and Ebert retiring - perpetually injured Drew and untried Mead.

Not against getting Constable on board who was highly rated in his draft year for his clean midfield and clearance skills, and football IQ.

Good size at 190cm and finds the ball at senior level. I would back our fitness team to build his endurance base.

Going by Coobk001 depth chart, we have 2 mids outside the first 22 left with Atley being delisted and Ebert retiring - perpetually injured Drew and untried Mead.

Not against getting Constable on board who was highly rated in his draft year for his clean midfield and clearance skills, and football IQ.

Good size at 190cm and finds the ball at senior level. I would back our fitness team to build his endurance base.
Played most his junior footy as a defender and can also go forward .
Problem is we don't need a inside mid but this will probably be rockliffs last yr so if cheap could do worse.

It's interesting that lots of fans seem to rate narkle but no clubs seem to rate him. If it was a choice between having constable and narkle on the list or mayes and patmore, you would have to go geelong!
Chuck in Kreuger as well. I thi k he is still uncontracted. Could become a decent tall defender?

Trent Dumont reportedly looking to come home to Port at the end of next season, would be a good transition from Rockliff. Fits the age profile were after and can do the job, without being a worldbeater

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trent Dumont reportedly looking to come home to Port at the end of next season, would be a good transition from Rockliff. Fits the age profile were after and can do the job, without being a worldbeater

Dumont is the embodiment of vanilla. Huge meh.

No thanks. Average player at best, don't think he would be any better than our understudies who are already on our list.

If we believe Rozee and Butters need more midfield time then targeting someone like Dumont would be counter productive.
I also think Duursma will eventually be a good inside/outside mid too.

"We're always interested when a South Australian player wants to come home."

Is this Trent “taxi runner” Dumont?

Those charges were dropped. In camera video did not support the allegations and the prosecutors withdrew the charges.

Those charges were dropped. In camera video did not support the allegations and the prosecutors withdrew the charges.

Ok, I missed that part of it. I remember his name getting trashed for a while though.

Trent Dumont would make a good leadership player for the magpies

The video I saw did establish beyond reasonable doubt that he was a passenger -but it was taken during an AFL game.

Got a feeling that we'll be seeing Patmore and Mayes in the centre square a bit in the SANFL if we don't draft any mids.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back