List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

We have to be realistic, we are not going to be involved in the super draft at all next year. Our first pick is going to be eaten up completely by a Burgoyne bid. We are better off trading that out this year. If next years first is not used in a trade for a player, don't be surprised to see us do a very late pick swap this trade period. Where we give up our first next year for a number of later picks.

Where is Burgoyne expected to go? If we're being realistic our 1st rounder could be closer to 12 than 18 depending on how we go.

For Aliir, I think he is worth a pick in the mid 20's, so your pick 29 would have to be on the table, especially considering he is contracted. I really don't want to lose him though as that leaves our defensive stocks wafer-thing.

I think that is a given. would have thought 29 + a small pick upgrade for Sydney would be fair. Even though he is not a star, his versatility will be important with a smaller list. Can understand why you wouldn't want to lose him.

I think that is a given. would have thought 29 + a small pick upgrade for Sydney would be fair. Even though he is not a star, his versatility will be important with a smaller list. Can understand why you wouldn't want to lose him.

What would you think of

Port Adelaide get
Aliir
Pick 58

Sydney get
Pick 29
Pick 47

?

In this draft the Swans are desperate for points to pay for Campbell and Gulden.

What would you think of

Port Adelaide get
Aliir
Pick 58

Sydney get
Pick 29
Pick 47

?

In this draft the Swans are desperate for points to pay for Campbell and Gulden.
I think that's fast going to become our problem - we need points too for Lachie Jones this year, and potentially Jase Burgoyne next year.

Unless we get a draft pick or picks back for someone like Riley Bonner in a separate trade, we're going to struggle to match on Jones if we trade out both our second round picks for Aliir and Fantasia.

What would you think of

Port Adelaide get
Aliir
Pick 58

Sydney get
Pick 29
Pick 47

?

I think that is pretty close. Port would be worried about not giving away too many points, but I think the difference there would be like our 2021 first moving 1 spot if we were in deficit. I think everyone is in agreement that Aliir is worth more than 29 (which becomes 35 at least). It would just be a case of twiddling the dials with pick swaps to keep everyone happy.

Just read this thread, and saw Constable pop up, what’s the substance behind this? Or is it just wishful thinking

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For Aliir, I think he is worth a pick in the mid 20's, so your pick 29 would have to be on the table, especially considering he is contracted. I really don't want to lose him though as that leaves our defensive stocks wafer-thing.
i could see why you would think that, and it has some validity.

however port got the equivalent of a mid 20’s pick when saints came for our younger, better and contracted for longer key defender Howard who has since gone on to become the centrepiece of st Kildas defense.

trading out Howard and trading in Alir at the same price would be pretty dumb business.

What would you think of

Port Adelaide get
Aliir
Pick 58

Sydney get
Pick 29
Pick 47

?

I don’t like it, but can see why a swans fan would think that is what it would take.
apparently that pick is on the table for Fantasia (**** knows why) and we really need to keep points for jones.

i could see why you would think that, and it has some validity.

however port got the equivalent of a mid 20’s pick when saints came for our younger, better and contracted for longer key defender Howard who has since gone on to become the centrepiece of st Kildas defense.

trading out Howard and trading in Alir at the same price would be pretty dumb business.

I don’t like it, but can see why a swans fan would think that is what it would take.
apparently that pick is on the table for Fantasia (fu** knows why) and we really need to keep points for jones.

So who are you giving up?

4 years means you like him and he's best 22 unlike Howard at the time

If we somehow come out of this with Aliir Aliir, Charlie Constable, Fantasia Caldwell and Lachie Jones, we are laughing. I know we all want a star player, but unfortunately no one is available that wants to come to us. This adds much needed depth all round and the potential that all 4 slot straight into our starting 22.

Would love to change Orazio into Caldwell if the kid could be talked around.

So who are you giving up?

4 years means you like him and he's best 22 unlike Howard at the time

where has 4 years come from? Reliable source? Triggers on it? We want to sign him to yeah, they must like him.

I never said what we will get him for cause I don’t know.

what i did do was raise two very important and relevant points regarding Howard, and regarding our own points / picks situation

where has 4 years come from? Reliable source? Triggers on it? We want to sign him to yeah, they must like him.

I never said what we will get him for cause I don’t know.

what i did do was raise two very important and relevant points regarding Howard, and regarding our own points / picks situation

The 4 years is completely made up by Bombers fans who have now echoed it often enough for long enough to believe it is true.

Trade Radio (I think it was Matt Rendell) mentioning that Fantasia will get done for our future 2nd with Essendons future 3rd coming back to us.... I assume there will be more to it though

When the trade period was a few days long the clubs complained they couldn't get deals done in that time because everything was crammed into the last 2 days. Now it's nearly two weeks long and they sit on their hands posturing for most of that time and everything gets crammed into the last 2 days.
Which was always going to happen. Short of an incentive to complete your trades early ($50k extra in the cap the following year if you do no trades in the last two days, $25k none in the last day maybe) dickheads like Dodo will continue to stuff it for all. The only other way around it is a pact between all other clubs to not deal with Essendon until they start acting like adults, even if you'll lose a player or not get one in the short term.

It's interesting that Connors openly trashed us in 2011-12, I don't remember what he said but it was a fair whack about players not wanting to come here.

I find he is now always looking to move players to Port. I think we must have a good relationship with him and by extension his clients must be happy with us.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back