Game Day 2021 AFL Draft & AFL Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I know most want us to shut up and just pull out our Johnson but there are a bunch of other good options remaining...

Goater, Knevitt, Sonsie, Howes, Draper, Roberts, Butler, Motlop, Bazzo

That is a lot of quality available at our pick. Bodes well.

Not too quickly ….imagine you could use that Johnson joke 22 times a year.

I really want Geelong to come for that pick.

I’d have Jordan Clark answer the phone.

When an unexpected opportunity presents itself in this equalised competition, you have to take full advantage. This pick 21, with 24 hours of lead in time and several sliders, is such a situation that may only present once every 15 years or so. If we indeed want Johnson, but think he’s still going to be there at pick 22 or 23 or even 24, then we absolutely should slide back a couple of spots and maybe add a F2 or even a pick this year in the 30s. An example might be hawthorns 23 & 26 for 21 and 53, if for example they wanted someone like Sonsie and North did too. The perfect scenario here is some or all of north, Geelong, Hawks or even Richmond wanting the same player still on the board, and that player not being the player we want. If that were the case, start the extortion car!

I know most want us to shut up and just pull out our Johnson but there are a bunch of other good options remaining...

Goater, Knevitt, Sonsie, Howes, Draper, Roberts, Butler, Motlop, Bazzo

That is a lot of quality available at our pick. Bodes well.

Ideal scenario for me:
- Johnson at Pick 21
- Trade Picks 53 and 61 for St Kilda’s Pick 48
- Motlop somehow lasts past Pick 40
- Trade Pick 48 to Collingwood for Hawthorn’s Future 3rd
- Match Motlop bid
- Benning slips through to Cat B
- Speculative rookie tall at pick 8 in the rookie draft.

I know people will think I’m crazy but wouldn’t be surprised if Williams is still there this time tomorrow. I said JVR could be available at pick 21 and he got bloody close (if GWS didn’t reach for Aleer it would’ve happened imo).

Maybe I’m being too positive with the above.

We trade back up to 4 spots, get another 2nd rounder and still get a potential A grader. Order of preference Johnson, butler, goater, Howes, Motlop and knevitt. It is just a matter of knowing who wants what in the next few picks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I enjoyed that very much. Was doing a Zoom training and had my iPad open on the AFL blog next to me so was just watching as it updated with each pick. Was just imagining the celebrations on here when we picked Amiss and Erasmus and then when Johnson got through I couldn't believe it!
Very interesting 24 hours ahead. Good start!

I think if we want Johnson just take him, if we trade our pick a few spots, there is the risk of the Eagles trading in between our pick and getting him. After all, they did pick up that extra second round pick, I assume they will use that to trade up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Defeated Colin Young and has taken the soul of the Eagles with his ice cold drafting.

Mr Bell has no more space in his cap. He has become what he was always destined to become: The Peacock

VsBWuYq.jpg

Would you guys do a future first and 29 for tomorrows first pick?

I would but would first ask you to make me a sandwich and dance a jaunty jig simply for my entertainment

When an unexpected opportunity presents itself in this equalised competition, you have to take full advantage. This pick 21, with 24 hours of lead in time and several sliders, is such a situation that may only present once every 15 years or so. If we indeed want Johnson, but think he’s still going to be there at pick 22 or 23 or even 24, then we absolutely should slide back a couple of spots and maybe add a F2 or even a pick this year in the 30s. An example might be hawthorns 23 & 26 for 21 and 53, if for example they wanted someone like Sonsie and North did too. The perfect scenario here is some or all of north, Geelong, Hawks or even Richmond wanting the same player still on the board, and that player not being the player we want. If that were the case, start the extortion car!

It’s the perfect storm, with bums firmly in the driving seat !

id give that some serious thought….I expect you to finish 10th or lower next year

I honestly have no idea what to expect next year & it could potentially go Collingwood bad but if it shuts up our board from the melts and we get Johnson that’s enough for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2021 AFL Draft & AFL Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back