2021 Bendigo Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

I saw them about a month ago and I reckon you'd slot straight into chb in the ones roota, what do they do? They have being uncompetitive for so long?

Unfortunately old mate I think you are right.

If the current structure of footy leagues remain the same there is no way out for Castlemaine. There are too many clubs within a drop punts distance of them and it’s too easy for blokes to play at any of them rather that at Camp Reserve

Wodonga Raiders in the strong Ovens & Murray League are searching for a new coach for season 2022 and beyond. The Raiders have managed to play finals every season since 2015 and are currently sitting in 5th position again 2 games clear inside the top 5. The 3rds are in 3rd position and the Raiders have the biggest amount of teams participating in the Albury Wodonga Junior Football League with 2 sides in each age group.
Healthy remuneration and relocation assistance will be offered and job opportunities will be provided for the successful applicant and partner if required.
If you would be interested in discussing this opportunity please call Stephen on 0439 464 353

So is the QEO a realistic chance of hosting official AFL games now all teams are based here in Victoria

It would be great to see this but I cannot see it happening due to the large amount of work required by the AFL to meet their required standards. Due to the short timeframe and being Winter, it wouldnt be easy to have the playing surface to the required standard along with all the other requirements including television coverage.

As for the Bendigo league, is anyone interested in this competition anymore? With numerous lop sided results and the same teams dominating each year the competition is staid and boring. I certainly have lost interest and the so called changes such as salary caps and player points have not made any difference.

Change in this league and across the region is well overdue. Both AFL Goldfields and AFL Central Victoria need to take a lead and work together to see what can be done to return football to a healthy state across the region.

I seen a headline Paul Chapman was Suspended Coaching Kyneton. Anyone know what happened?

got stuck into an umpire after believing one of his young players was treated dangerously.

received a 2 match suspended sentence
Ok Interesting. I looked up the ladder 3 Wins 8 Losses they've been a touch disappointing you'd think?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They appear to be 6-10 goals off the top 6 sides playing for finals, and 6+ goals better than the bottom 3. Is Riddell a better fit for them? There'd have to be concerns with Maryborough, Castlemaine and Kyneton playing major league footy in the future

Ok Interesting. I looked up the ladder 3 Wins 8 Losses they've been a touch disappointing you'd think?

They appear to be 6-10 goals off the top 6 sides playing for finals, and 6+ goals better than the bottom 3. Is Riddell a better fit for them? There'd have to be concerns with Maryborough, Castlemaine and Kyneton playing major league footy in the future
It's a good sized town who should have the support and local talent to compete in the Bendigo League. Following from afar their Senior side went into recess for a year ( 7 or so years ago?) Then they landed in very heavy debt but have done a good job to get out. After overcoming those two big hurdles and landing a figure like Chapman the next year or two will give a better indication of their ability to push forward in the BFL.

All three towns, Maryborough, Kyneton and Castlemaine are big towns. As general rule of thumb, Kyneton and Castlemaine are commuter towns, where many people seeking a tree change aren't interested in footy. Kynetons junior footy is nowhere near as strong as Gisborne, and I think would be behind, Macedon and Riddells creek, in terms of junior numbers and quality of junior players. Even Romsey is a strong growing club.

Im not sure about Maryborough, ever since the printing businesses died in the arse, footy has gone downhill. All three clubs were very strong in the 90s, with a core group of locals who were superstars, since those guys retired, none of the clubs have being a premiership contender

It's a good sized town who should have the support and local talent to compete in the Bendigo League. Following from afar their Senior side went into recess for a year ( 7 or so years ago?) Then they landed in very heavy debt but have done a good job to get out. After overcoming those two big hurdles and landing a figure like Chapman the next year or two will give a better indication of their ability to push forward in the BFL.

Souths Sunny Brazier playing very well in the VFL at the moment, will be a huge lose if they don’t see him again. Do we think the bloods can hold on to a top 5 spot or will the burra chase them down?

A (Covert) shortened season will make it even harder for the Burra. I also believe the Dragons need their Pioneer/VFL players come finals time to be competitive.

Pity I cant read the article in the Addy about David Stephens from Castlemaine and enjoying the year. Great to see someone sticking with their club despite hard times. Sometimes winning isn't everything and success is measured in other ways. I know many guys with ability would have walked and chased the dollar a long time ago!

Pity I cant read the article in the Addy about David Stephens from Castlemaine and enjoying the year. Great to see someone sticking with their club despite hard times. Sometimes winning isn't everything and success is measured in other ways. I know many guys with ability would have walked and chased the dollar a long time ago!

was bloody refreshing to hear his story

Wouldn't it be great to see a great player take on the Maine coaching role and try and lift the team up the ladder

Remove this Banner Ad

2021 Bendigo Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Back