2021 Bendigo Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Chappy will be doing a chamber’s impersonation. Well done Kyneton. I hope they didn’t sell the farm to get him tho. Great get for club and town

Yes really good to see. They can now work on sensible recruiting and look forward to the 2021 season with optimism.

He has moved to Kyneton so won’t be a travelling coach. They didn’t sell the farm either to get him. Terrific job by all at Kyneton FNC to get him over the line.

A really good appointment for the club.
Lives in Woodend , Kyneton went hard at him last year to get him to coach when he just moved into Woodend , but decided to stick with greenvale
The travel down to training etc got a bit to much and he was looking for a gig closer to home.
Macedon in the rdfl had their chance to snag him but did sweat fa about chasing up his interest , so well done to Kyneton

Lives in Woodend , Kyneton went hard at him last year to get him to coach when he just moved into Woodend , but decided to stick with greenvale
The travel down to training etc got a bit to much and he was looking for a gig closer to home.
Macedon in the rdfl had their chance to snag him but did sweat fa about chasing up his interest , so well done to Kyneton

Does former chappy team mate Sam hunt ex cats and bombers also live in Woodend, he would still make a pretty decent key back as well, any chance of chappy getting him to pull the boots on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where does Kynetons financial position sit now? they were a long way in.

Debt free apparently, off the back of a car raffle this year. it’s an amazing effort from where they were 2 or 3 years ago. Next step is to stop the merry go round financially and keep on top of things.

Debt free apparently, off the back of a car raffle this year. it’s an amazing effort from where they were 2 or 3 years ago. Next step is to stop the merry go round financially and keep on top of things.
Sounds like a real good effort I remember reading it was a dire situation.

I was sad to reading of the passing of Ron Best in yesterday's Advertiser. Brendan Hartney said he was the best player he had seen play country football and I think that would reflect the opinions of all who had the privilege of watching him. Ron absolutely destroyed teams. Every team he played with was successful. To me his duels with Geoff Southby in 1970 were the pinnacle days of the Bendigo Football League. In that season you could watch Golden Square play Eaglehawk with Ron Best up one end and Greg Kennedy the other. Even the other players on the ground in those games just became spectators to the displays they put on. As this was 50 years ago I guess few on this forum would remember this but I do and I know I'll never see anything like it again in the BFNL.

Ron, Peter Moroni and Derrick Filo are the best players I have seen in the Bendigo League since I started watching it in the early 1960's. They all turned their back on the (then) VFL, they all played for decades and never lowered their standard, they all individually destroyed opposition teams and won games of their own boot and, in over I would guess 1000+ games of country football, not one of them ever through a punch or did anything other than attack the football.

Thank you for the memories Ron.

Any chance of Shaun Hampson pulling the boots on at Daylesford?

wrong league mate

Any chance of Shaun Hampson pulling the boots on at Daylesford?

His neighbor Tom Bellchambers is being spoken about at Kyneton..maybe the Hempster May join him there.

They be some glamorous after match functions!

His neighbor Tom Bellchambers is being spoken about at Kyneton..maybe the Hempster May join him there.

They be some glamorous after match functions!
Talk on the EDFL div 1 forum is that Bellchambers has already signed at East Keilor. With all the others there playing for the love of it I guess?

Remove this Banner Ad

2021 Bendigo Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Back