Strategy 2021 Draft and Hypothetical pick trade proposals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol seriously can we just have a ban on posting things ol clickbait Kornes says…

none of it is interesting and it’s all designed to just stir people up.

Hodgey wants a new rule! Hodgey gets a new rule.

No more clickbait shit from Cornes in here.

Also:
Can we also threadban Rendell quotes. The bloke is senile.
Done ✔️

Sometimes that’s how it falls, I tell you what tho, you have to acknowledge that would be an amazing story, after the turmoil of coach changeover.

it would also say something that the senior players staying arnt running away from the poor team performances, and will be pushing a lot next year. Over to Sam to fix the scoring issues…

If they needed this off-season to fire them into action then I have several questions over their goals, not that a random fans opinion matters at all. They're all on very nice contracts doing what they view as a job. But blimey, doesn't paint them in the greatest of lights if they need a coach being sacked and a multitude of disarray from board level all the way down for a very experienced group of players to get ticking.

If they needed this off-season to fire them into action then I have several questions over their goals, not that a random fans opinion matters at all. They're all on very nice contracts doing what they view as a job. But blimey, doesn't paint them in the greatest of lights if they need a coach being sacked and a multitude of disarray from board level all the way down for a very experienced group of players to get ticking.

you don't think that Chad, Jaeger and Tom were close to our best-performed players in 2021? 1, 3 and 5 in the BnF

Neither Lynch or Reeves has shown they can play forward, so it'll be interesting to see how it's handled.

Interesting to note that Reeves actually played a fair bit of his U19 year as a forward. He has a decent amount of craft and will be able to rest there in the future, especially considering his height would be enough to genuinely trouble most defenders in the league if he's targeted.

You realise players can be “ticking” without realising anything is wrong until they have clear air to review issues. For so many reasons it didn’t work. They are all keen to stay (for better or worst) but that means it needs to be for the better not just to spin the same old wheel.

There are countless stories of preseasons being the exact thing required to remove rut or rot. It’s a performance based job, and they are all backing themselves in to perform, that is the first and most important step in a previous failed strategy.

As a side, I wonder how much negative impact Bolton had on the midfield, or the gameplan or the personal for mid1 and mid2 setups (heaps). Now we get to review and fix because I don’t see it getting any worst.

Very real (scary) possibility our trade window consists of gaining Max Lynch and losing only TOB for zilch.
Even if that did happen we have draft picks that we could trade on draft night.
Looking at a few of the other clubs during this period in the window who has improved their list enough to compete and beat Melbourne? So far I’d think nobody.

you don't think that Chad, Jaeger and Tom were close to our best-performed players in 2021? 1, 3 and 5 in the BnF

No, at least not in the order they finished if that makes sense. But I don't think Hardwick had a super season either and he ended second, might just be a sign of where we're at more than anything.

You realise players can be “ticking” without realising anything is wrong until they have clear air to review issues. For so many reasons it didn’t work. They are all keen to stay (for better or worst) but that means it needs to be for the better not just to spin the same old wheel.

There are countless stories of preseasons being the exact thing required to remove rut or rot. It’s a performance based job, and they are all backing themselves in to perform, that is the first and most important step in a previous failed strategy.

As a side, I wonder how much negative impact Bolton had on the midfield, or the gameplan or the personal for mid1 and mid2 setups (heaps). Now we get to review and fix because I don’t see it getting any worst.

Was the midfield performing all that well under Scott Burns before Bolton's return? I don't think so personally.

No, at least not in the order they finished if that makes sense. But I don't think Hardwick had a super season either and he ended second, might just be a sign of where we're at more than anything.
Might say more about you than Hardwick.

Might say more about you than Hardwick.

You could well be right. I didn't think he was terrible or anything but I seem to remember him torching the footy a lot. Given how much pressure the backline was under for the majority of the season, it's possible I'm being a touch harsh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought Hardwick had his best season. He actually became fantasy/Supercoach relevant which means he was getting more of the footy and using it well.

His second placing in our B&F also suggests his defensive work was just as strong because we know that counts for more in club awards (look at Scrimshaws placing for an example).

Thought Hardwick had his best season. He actually became fantasy/Supercoach relevant which means he was getting more of the footy and using it well.

His second placing in our B&F also suggests his defensive work was just as strong because we know that counts for more in club awards (look at Scrimshaws placing for an example).
I believe Hardwick should be the next Captain. He’s a hard c***

Plus we've still got a great draft hand.
It’s not great. It’s solid, but for a rebuilding side we are looking at the 7th selected kid and only one inside the top 20. It’s not what we need and the club knows that, which is why they have spent the last week trying to improve the draft hand.

Last edited:
I chuckle at this boards relationship with King and most of it stems from his grand final tip 7 years ago.

Yeah he is opinionated but he does his research and takes it seriously, I like him as pundit.

He was one of the ones talking us up this year, then he says a few hard truths and he's a flog!

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

To be honest I don't mind King either; however, I think this little prediction probably didn't help his popularity around here..

I take it he started talking the Hawks up sometime after he tipped us for the wooden spoon in 2021?

To be honest I don't mind King either; however, I think this little prediction probably didn't help his popularity around here..

I take it he started talking the Hawks up sometime after he tipped us for the wooden spoon in 2021?
Haha you could of just about pencilled North in for the wooden spoon and soon as King said this, by God he’s an idiot

Draft hand shmaft hand. All that matters is what you do with it.

Carlton has had some great draft hands over the years. My favourite was Paddy Dow and lochie O'Brien. What a haul!

If our recruiters have their eyes in, we should get two nice pieces and a 200 gamer.

Very real (scary) possibility our trade window consists of gaining Max Lynch and losing only TOB for zilch.

If that's scary, I'm not sure how you survive in the real world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back