List Mgmt. 2021 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is. Looks the best prospect to come through in years.

Honestly load up for the Rising Star

Like people did with Matty Rowell?

Started like a house on fire, injured and tbh at the end of this season looked a shadow of the player at the start of last season.

Hope he gets back to his early form, but there are no guarantees in this game.

Obviously the Richmond offer doesn't compare to that of Adelaide's but North really are putting all their eggs in the one basket.

Like people did with Matty Rowell?

Started like a house on fire, injured and tbh at the end of this season looked a shadow of the player at the start of last season.

Hope he gets back to his early form, but there are no guarantees in this game.

Obviously the Richmond offer doesn't compare to that of Adelaide's but North really are putting all their eggs in the one basket.

But are they? Their existing hand is picks 1, 20 and 42. That's hardly a bad hand. Maybe it doesn't add up to the 7, 15 and 26, but it seems like in this draft there isn't much of a difference between 26 and 42, so I can see why they are happy to have a few lower ones and still keep pick 1 to enable them to get the very best player.

Also, Rowell was almost certainly playing under duress. He missed 12 games if I recall correctly, and they brought him straight back in, no VFL. Then he averaged below 70% TOG for the rest of the season.

But agree with your general point. It seems like every year now, "the best kid to come through in years" is coming through the draft. This year it's Horne, last year it was Ugle-Hagan, the year before Rowell, the year before Walsh, the year before Rayner. Can sometimes pay off to think outside the box a little more.

This looms as a classic blinking contest, and the Swans are more than toying with the idea of letting Dawson go for nothing and try his luck in the pre-season draft if Adelaide don’t come to the party. Sydney are of the view that there has essentially been a blurring of lines between free agency and merely falling out-of-contract. And they are taking a stand on it.

Good

I'm sure our protest about trade equality will register with the AFL, an organisation that once banned us from trading entirely for PR reasons.

This looms as a classic blinking contest, and the Swans are more than toying with the idea of letting Dawson go for nothing and try his luck in the pre-season draft if Adelaide don’t come to the party. Sydney are of the view that there has essentially been a blurring of lines between free agency and merely falling out-of-contract. And they are taking a stand on it.

Good

Oh can the club please not insult our intelligence.

I am all for them standing strong but they better not spin this as though we're the martyrs of trading justice.

Few players to watch in wa v sa game:

WA:
Bazzo - KPD (late first/second)
Warner - Winger (second to fourth)
Sheldrick - inside mid (late second/third)

SA
O'Loughlin - HBF (third/late)
NWM - wing/hff (mid first/second)
Roberts - inside mid (early-mid first
Lemmey - KPF (2022 first)
D'Aloia - mid (2022 early first)

Range as it stands right now
Bazzo and/or Sheldrick.

Both would make superb Bloods.

Just flicked it on for a few minutes, sheldrick looks like a good player.
Sheldrick is an absolute bull. Ball magnet, hard as nails, good tank, gets heaps of the pill.

Further, he’s at Christchurch (my son’s school) & is regarded not only as a good footballer, but a quality young bloke too.

I don't think I've ever seen as much chest puffing as there is going on with the Jordan Dawson trade thread.

Looking forward to later in the week so we don't have to keep hearing about it.

Is it just me or does a quality key defender seem like a really rare thing these days. There seems to be many more quality key forwards than there are genuine defenders and not just last man up intercepters.

I guess it's a bit of a victim of the times, the game has moved away from the full forward in the goal mouth style of play to a much faster game with zone defenses. I guess also the key forwards get all the publicity too.

It is nice to see though that a player like May is getting the plaudits. He has a great season and has to, along with the rest of the defense cover Lever.

Oh can the club please not insult our intelligence.

I am all for them standing strong but they better not spin this as though we're the martyrs of trading justice.

Ok so you think it's nice that Adelaide made a play for NM no 1 pick whilst holding swans in limbo about Dawson after they clearly approached and buttered Dawson to come and being playing Hands off our picks threatening PSD the whole time? I think they are unprincipled scum and yes we are martyrs for wanting to do a proper deal on true value. Suits. The system is broken when arseholes can play silly like this

Reports Dawson will stay have Crows freaked out. They come back with the previous offer we pushed - Future Melb 1st, future 1st, future 2nd for Dawson our future 1st and our future 2nd

Swans trade Ladhams for Crows future 2nd

Barrass rumours come true. Deal gets done for Crows future first, Demons future 1st, future 3rd with Eagles future 1st and future 4th coming back

Swans go onto win the 2022 Premiership. Kennedy, Buddy and Rampe all retire as Swans legends. Heeney wins Norm Smith, shutting up claims he was overpaid. Mills becomes co-captain along with Parker.

In the glow of Swans winning a premiership AFL takes away Academy from the Swans only - gives our zones to GWS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reports Dawson will stay have Crows freaked out. They come back with the previous offer we pushed - Future Melb 1st, future 1st, future 2nd for Dawson our future 1st and our future 2nd

Swans trade Ladhams for Crows future 2nd

Barrass rumours come true. Deal gets done for Crows future first, Demons future 1st, future 3rd with Eagles future 1st and future 4th coming back

Swans go onto win the 2022 Premiership. Kennedy, Buddy and Rampe all retire as Swans legends. Heeney wins Norm Smith, shutting up claims he was overpaid. Mills becomes co-captain along with Parker.

In the glow of Swans winning a premiership AFL takes away Academy from the Swans only - gives our zones to GWS.

and just how much meth did you take last night? :p

Ok so you think it's nice that Adelaide made a play for NM no 1 pick whilst holding swans in limbo about Dawson after they clearly approached and buttered Dawson to come and being playing Hands off our picks threatening PSD the whole time? I think they are unprincipled scum and yes we are martyrs for wanting to do a proper deal on true value. Suits. The system is broken when arseholes can play silly like this

Too much professional victimhood going on on here. They are doing what's best for themselves and breaking no rules in the process, just as we would want our club to do if we were in that position. Let's not get all woe-is-me because we're on the losing end of it.

Which brings me to my pet obsession. We need Sydney girls to work a little harder tying these boys down.
This "get players Sydney-based girlfriends" is not humour.
Please, why do you use such patronising language?
Please respect the club and supporters of this club.
You disrespect your fellow Swans fans of all ages, sex and race that read and post on these pages.
You demean yourselves.

#ProudlySydney

Too much professional victimhood going on on here. They are doing what's best for themselves and breaking no rules in the process, just as we would want our club to do if we were in that position. Let's not get all woe-is-me because we're on the losing end of it.

I would always want my club to act in good faith, and with principles. Full stop.

I have no idea what 'professional victimhood' Is. I presume you are insinuating that we act in disengenuous fashion because we have an habitual inclination to shelter in being a victim. Let me enlighten. Adopting crap values or principles thereby hurting others always makes those people that are hurt victims. Condoning unprincipled conduct is only marginally removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back