List Mgmt. 2021 draft pool.

Remove this Banner Ad

Was thinking this today.

Do we go:-

- Amiss at 7 (especially if Ward and Hobbd are gone) and best available mid like Sonsie at 15; OR
-Best available mid at 7 and Van Rooyen at 15?

Thoughts?
I think we go best available both times and draft for needs with the latter picks.
Erasmus/Johnson/Hobbs maybe Goater
then Goater/Sinn/Chesser/Sonsie

Last edited:

I’m hoping RCD turns into a Jobe Watson (no jokes please) type late bloomer. Watson looked slow, poorly skilled and a bust also, then went bang ! There are similarities in size and skill set

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
"Late bloomer"... There's a reason behind this mate.

Bloody hell.

I’m hoping RCD turns into a Jobe Watson (no jokes please) type late bloomer. Watson looked slow, poorly skilled and a bust also, then went bang ! There are similarities in size and skill set

He was a slow plodder, got cement shot up his are, won a Brownlow then went back to being a slow plodder.

Yeh he conveniently had his out of the box seasons in 2012 and 2013, I wonder why?

Not sure that's a good example lol.

A good example of a late bloomer I think is someone like Shane Edwards and Bachar Houli. Both were okay - solid - good players up until their mid/late 20s where they became stars. Both had their maiden AAs well, well into their careers, and definetely their career form was best starting from their late 20s/early 30s.

Josh Kennedy (Haw/Sydney) would be nice.

Was thinking this today.

Do we go:-

- Amiss at 7 (especially if Ward and Hobbd are gone) and best available mid like Sonsie at 15; OR
-Best available mid at 7 and Van Rooyen at 15?

Thoughts?
I have issues with 195cm KPF struggling to kick 45mtrs
Plus all his goals are colts games and am yet to see him really tested at a higher level

Not saying he is no good but just something about him that makes me want to avoid unless its our 2nd pick

Our draft hand is fine. Although if we could package a couple of our later picks for GWS pick 13 that would be ideal.

I’d be looking at the following players at each pick in order.

7 - Hobbs (likely unavailable), MJ, Rachele.

13, 15. Goater, JVR, Sonsie, Butler.

26-28. Roberts (likely unavailable), Taylor, MacDonald, Bazzo, Williams.

I don’t know how we rate the talls but I think we take 2 max this draft, potentially only one.

For me our strategy will come down to where we see the quality drop off. If we think that three players in the late 20s are better than two in the mid teens then we keep as is. And JVR is in play if we don’t rate the talls after him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our draft hand is fine. Although if we could package a couple of our later picks for GWS pick 13 that would be ideal.

I’d be looking at the following players at each pick in order.

7 - Hobbs (likely unavailable), MJ, Rachele.

13, 15. Goater, JVR, Sonsie, Butler.

26-28. Roberts (likely unavailable), Taylor, MacDonald, Bazzo, Williams.

I don’t know how we rate the talls but I think we take 2 max this draft, potentially only one.

For me our strategy will come down to where we see the quality drop off. If we think that three players in the late 20s are better than two in the mid teens then we keep as is. And JVR is in play if we don’t rate the talls after him.

Why would GWS want to trade out #13 ? they dont want later picks

Which is why I also said in my post that you quoted "+ possible 2022 3rd rounder"

And the point is .... that it was based on the provision that we'd already got the 4 blokes we were directly targeting for our future list management needs, and that future 2022 2nd and 3rd rounders might address further needs we identify after we see 2022 play out on the field.

Sorry thought you'd meant our future 3rd rounder as well... which as you could tell, I thought was ludicruous!

Why would GWS want to trade out #13 ? they dont want later picks
Would depend on if they saw value in a pick in the late 20s and also ensuring they had points for any Fahey bid covered. Could also look at Ports first or even as low as freos third. I don’t know these clubs intentions, just putting my thoughts out at the relevant ranges.

Last edited:
I normally have Kmac in my best 22 but do we think he's still there? Couldn't we use Titch and Lambert on the wings?

People have even suggested Short which isn't a bad idea as he runs all day, but I'd be concerned about his lack of ability to take an overhead mark.

Here's a revised 22 provided things go to plan on draft night and we get, say, Ward and Sinn.

Grimes, Tarrant, Broad
Vlastuin, Balta, Short
Edwards, Cotchin, Lambert
Bolton, Riewoldt, Martin
Stack, Lynch, Baker
Nankervis, Prestia, Graham
Soldo, Rioli, Ward, Sinn

Doesn't that look spicy?

I’ve wanted to see Rioli on the wing. He was elite for speed and endurance in his draft year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have issues with 195cm KPF struggling to kick 45mtrs
Plus all his goals are colts games and am yet to see him really tested at a higher level

Not saying he is no good but just something about him that makes me want to avoid unless its our 2nd pick

I didn’t like his finals series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2021 draft pool.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back