Mega Thread 2021 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

In what regard? He’s not available as a father son thanks to our shitty rules. 2022 draft. Solid lump of a lad. 184-186cms at a guess? Good impactful ballwinner who tends to slam it on the boot a bit from what I’ve seen this year. Teams will be watching him but also hasn’t put his name up in lights like a bunch of 2022 kids have.
Yeah I know he isn't available to us but was talk he would be a number 1 pick wasn't sure what draft cheers 👍

Phillipous athleticism is excellent. He's super fit. Like super super fit. He'll grow into his body a bit more obviously and has the build to have a decent frame. He' a running machine. I didn't think he'd be as good inside as what he is, but he's been super impressive in contests and at stoppages. Gun.

Hansen looks ok and is getting plenty of the ball. Not 100% sold on him just yet.

Cade Kennedy is a real work horse but not sold on his AFL traits just yet. Wish he was a bit taller. Can't do much more. Super professional.

Dudley looks good but would be a surprise if he gets a top 20 bid. He'll be a Crow. Super short though.

Rayson i rate a bit lower at the moment. Don't mind him but haven't seen him really control a game.

Murley would have dropped down the rankings a bit. I'm hot and cold on him. He's alright but can see him just being so-so at AFL level. Will be 2nd rounder at best imo.

Nas I love but is big boom-bust. Could be anything. Could be nothing. His athleticism is through the roof and he has good skills. Would love him at Port. I had him 1st round coming into the year but probably falls a bit later.

Beecken is a solid 2nd-3rd rounder imo.

Thanks.

Philippous body control and hands in tight I very much like. I lost count of how many times he literally bumped people off the ball and took the ball literally out of their hands yesterday. I don’t think all players have to go up a level to be judged, and we won’t see him do that until next year but he’s one i definitely want to see up at league to see how his game works against bigger bodies.

Rayson already plays the game at afl speed I reckon. I think his bust potential is really super low. Worst case he’s a decent running half back (of which the league has heaps). The tear the game apart thing probably is the fact he just doesn’t seem to hurt with his disposal I guess? Which is absolutely true.

I also think Dudley won’t get bid on in the top 20. Reckon there might be a team or two that rate him very highly tho. He’s going to get handed that number 23 for sure. Reckon he’s a good pickup for the crows. Instant upgrade on a couple of recent draftees.

I haven’t bothered watching the south boys in a while cause I had already seen a bit of them.

Reckon champs are really important for separating some of the talents, especially the rucks.

Btw, what do you think of taj rahui?

Yeah I know he isn't available to us but was talk he would be a number 1 pick wasn't sure what draft cheers 👍
Not even remotely in contention for pick 1 right now to be honest. I haven’t seen many 2022 lists and most are Vic-centric but there’s a tonne of 2022 players from Sa stamping themselves right now. Someone else would have a better idea than me but just in sa’s 2022 talent alone he must be somewhere in the 12-30 bracket, before even considering other states.

That’s not really knocking him, I really like him, but tonnes of 2022 Sa kids are really playing well at the moment and key pieces of their under 18’s side while hunter is just a component of his.

I want to see more of Cooper Murley. If our first round pick is a midfielder I think he could be the one. He’s lightning.
I liked some of what I saw from him last year but if we’re using a pick before a jase bid I’m not sure I want it to be on him.

Reckon he could go a bit later. Especially if he’s still hasn’t grown.

Actually It’s been a while since I’ve watched either but from memory Jed mcintee and cooper murley are very very similar players.

It's vital that we keep building via the draft. Need to remove the coach as well so that he doesn't waste the talent, but we need to keep going to the draft.

Wines boak and gray carried our midfield tonight.

Next year they’re 27,33 and 34 years old. Rockliff is done.

Butters rozee drew duursma spp the next gen but how many of those are 25+d 5/6 clearance + a game players?

Jonas (31) Alir (27) clurey (28) and McKenzie (30) next season. Old but we have a bit more time there then boak and gray.

Think it’s pretty clear in 2021 / 2022 we need to target some genuine centre mids hard.

Butters rozee drew duursma spp the next gen but how many of those are 25+d 5/6 clearance + a game players?

Jonas (31) Alir (27) clurey (28) and McKenzie (30) next season. Old but we have a bit more time there then boak and gray.

Think it’s pretty clear in 2021 / 2022 we need to target some genuine centre mids hard.
Yep.

I think last night showed that we need experience rather than more draftees. Our 22-28 bracket is thin.

We will probably pick up a first rounder and Burgoyne. I would be working hard for an elite mid in the bracket.
An elite mid in your age bracket would be nice, said every team ever.

We’ve thrown the kitchen sink at Merrett, and probably will miss out. How many more elite mids in their prime will move this offseason? Probably 0-1.

Our list is in a weird place. We should be competing this year and possibly next but are a side that needs quite a lot to go right to pinch a flag. After that?

Any list management decision needs to be made with an eye to the primes of Rozee, Butters, Duursma and Georgiades. Which definitely means 2x first round picks across 2021-22.

Depth through the midfield is clearly the difference between us and the best sides. We have a critical mass of players that aren’t capable of winning their own ball and it gets found out against the juiced up Geelong’s and West Coasts of the world.

I would kill to get Jason Horne on our list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watching a movie draft day very interesting NFL movie.
Pick 1 gets traded once and I think it might get moved again got me thinking what would it take to get pick 1?
North got Powell and Phillips last yr with kids dominating top 10 not that they don't need more what would you offer up ?
I would go our first this yr and next plus a player for 1 and a pick for points,

Pick 1 gets traded once and I think it might get moved again got me thinking what would it take to get pick 1?
North got Powell and Phillips last yr with kids dominating top 10 not that they don't need more what would you offer up ?
I would go our first this yr and next plus a player for 1 and a pick for points,
Is the player Butters or Rozee? Because if it's not Norf would laugh that offer out of the room, and rightly so.

Is the player Butters or Rozee? Because if it's not Norf would laugh that offer out of the room, and rightly so.
north aren't moving pick 1. it just won't happen.

we position ourselves to pick up Jase + other talents and get into Hornes ear about coming back and we make sure we stay competitive enough on the field to be attractive to him if he wants out of north.
Your probably right but worth a thought .
They might even get a priority pick then 1 and 2 then might be a chance.

An elite mid in your age bracket would be nice, said every team ever.

We’ve thrown the kitchen sink at Merrett, and probably will miss out. How many more elite mids in their prime will move this offseason? Probably 0-1.
Cripps and Kelly available. Kelly worth a shot, but probably not worth the money we’d need to out bid others.

Even Parker or Guthrie would be worth considering us UFAs

It might be possible.. but we would have to plan it just like we did to get Rozee.. The first step then was to pay overs to Freo to get the pick close enough to swap with Brisbane's pick 5
The first step now would be to talk to GWS who has Collingwood's first round pick 3 (which is worth 2234 points). If you use our pick 14 (worth 1161 points) all you then have to do is find 1073 points or something worth that. Then swap pick 3 & something else to try and tempt them to trade for pick 1 to get Horne.
Even if the Roos say no then we get a midfield player like Sonsie, Chesser or Callaghan

On T86 using BigFooty.com mobile app

It might be possible.. but we would have to plan it just like we did to get Rozee.. The first step then was to pay overs to Freo to get the pick close enough to swap with Brisbane's pick 5
The first step now would be to talk to GWS who has Collingwood's first round pick 3 (which is worth 2234 points). If you use our pick 14 (worth 1161 points) all you then have to do is find 1073 points or something worth that. Then swap pick 3 & something else to try and tempt them to trade for pick 1 to get Horne.
Even if the Roos say no then we get a midfield player like Sonsie, Chesser or Callaghan

Our first and Marshall who is from NSW could be involved worth thinking about.

What I’m reading is we will take 1 and plus 3 , mumble mumble , then something magical happens, then we have 8 billion.

In reality you’re referencing a trade were we gave up a sought after player and combined multiple first round draft picks to climb from pick 11 to pick 6 and eventually 5.

And that was losing wingard and Polec and we already had an extra second rounder from a previous trade the year before in our draft hand as well.

And we still couldn’t crack the top 1 or 2 draft picks in that draft?

So what players are we trading that are worth high first round draft picks, and what draft picks are going to nab pick 1 if we couldn’t do it with one of the deepest draft hands we’ve ever had considering we go into this draft with 1 first rounder and late picks (our 2nd is already gone in a trade last year)

If we had pick 1, what player would we want for it? We would want a young superstar, like a butters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2021 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back