Mega Thread 2021 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

If we've traded next year's second rounder, we won't be able to pair it with Riley Bonner to secure Jack Luckoscius :mad:

I think people are more pissed because they think we blinked last night with the pick trade.
I see it more that we read the tea leaves. West Coast were going to trade down with someone to get Chesser. It must have become apparent that Johnson was sliding and whoever West Coast traded with would have taken Sinn or Hobbs. Essendon at next pick would get the one not picked. That means we would have missed out on one of the players we had identified. I think the only thing we didn't bank on was West Coast not taking Johnson, it must have been a late change of heart by them. There's no way we wanted to use a future 2nd but our hand was forced. I think we clearly work on the policy with trading/drafting that some times we overpay to get what we want.

Fox Footy yesterday morning had our doomsday scenario as a team trading up and grabbing the player we want.

They didnt know exactly who that player could be, but they might have been on the money about the general plot arc.

They also reported mid-afternoon that Essendon had switched their attention to Sinn.

Is the Zapruder film back from the Chemist yet of Essendon's reaction when we did the trade and nabbed Sinn?

Players still available: * = SA

Matthew Johnson 193cm, 82kg

Josh Goater 190cm, 80kg

Corey Warner 182cm, 73kg

Tyler Sonsie 181cm, 77kg

Mitch Knevitt 194cm, 83kg

Sam Butler 184cm, 76kg

*Arlo Draper 186cm, 76kg

Alastair Lord 181cm, 76kg

Jack Williams 195cm, 95kg

*Cooper Murley 180cm, 71kg

*Matthew Roberts 184cm, 84kg

*Jase Burgoyne (Port Adelaide Father-Son) 186cm, 70kg

*Oscar Adams 198cm 85k
Two favorites left would have to be Zac Taylor and Sam Butler. If deals went down for either of those two I'd be stoked but if not I'd be more than happy just taking Jase tonight and leaving it at that

On CPH2207 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Is the Zapruder film back from the Chemist yet of Essendon's reaction when we did the trade and nabbed Sinn?

Yes but it's missing seven frames ;)

2022 1st Round for Freos pick, lets get either Johnson or Draper and put an extra year of development into them
You cannot trade both a future 1st and 2nd out unless you trade one of those back in..

Also those two players aren’t worth diving out of the 2022 draft for.

I think we take some punts with late picks at the end of the draft.

So how many spots do we have left? We cut seven (Hammer, Lienert, Garner, Rocky, Burgoyne, Woodcock and Goldsack. Assume Mayes is rookied and Finlayson the list replacement for Ladhams. We have added Skinner and Sinn so 5 spots available - Burgoyne, possibly Dumont, likely one kept for the mid season draft so one or two more picks tonight /rookie draft?. I am hoping for a small forward and a young ruckman
Ladhams - soft in a pack marking contest and holding Hayes back so no great loss IMO

Re Ladhams trade - have to remember we wanted to move him on and there were some what limited suitors….we weren’t trying to trade Gawn / Grundy tier ruckman

Re Sausage Roll - I paid $10 for a small sausage roll and a small pie on the Jetstar flight to Adelaide last night…..so you could say a full size sausage roll would be $10….no sauce was available

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully we leave Dumont for the rookie draft and get a couple of bargains at the back end tonight.

Last edited:
We've got 34 senior listed players, I think the minimum is 38, meaning we have at least four senior spots left.

Assuming we get Trent Dumont with either a late pick at the end of the draft, in the pre-season draft or as a delisted free agent (doesn't really matter which one), Jace Burgoyne somewhere in the third round, he would only cost us our second pick (it was #62, it'll probably be somewhere around #50), we then have two picks in a row near the end of the fourth round.

Could we get Jordan Lukac as a Category B rookie? His background is Zimbabwean, he's in our zone, we do need a developing ruckman, low risk high reward there

Updated Players still available: * = SA

Matthew Johnson 193cm, 82kg

Josh Goater 190cm, 80kg

Corey Warner 182cm, 73kg

Tyler Sonsie 181cm, 77kg

Mitch Knevitt 194cm, 83kg

Zac Taylor 180cm 74kg

Kade Dittmar 186cm 86kg

*Hugh Jackson 181cm 70kg

Sam Butler 184cm, 76kg

*Arlo Draper 186cm, 76kg

Alastair Lord 181cm, 76kg

Jack Williams 195cm, 95kg

*Cooper Murley 180cm, 71kg

*Matthew Roberts 184cm, 84kg

*Jase Burgoyne (Port Adelaide Father-Son) 186cm, 70kg

*Oscar Adams 198cm, 85k

*Lukas Cooke 195cm, 83kg

*Jordan Lukac 196cm, 88kg

*Cooper Beecken 191cm, 95kg

With a late pick I wouldn't mind someone who gets a ton of the ball and clearances but perhaps lacks a bit of polish. Someone like Josh Browne or Hugh Jackson? Doesn't get as much ball going by his stats, but would Kade Dittmar be a good option as an inside mid?

Last edited:
We've got 34 senior listed players, I think the minimum is 38, meaning we have at least four senior spots left.

Assuming we get Trent Dumont with either a late pick at the end of the draft, in the pre-season draft or as a delisted free agent (doesn't really matter which one), Jace Burgoyne somewhere in the third round, he would only cost us our second pick (it was #62, it'll probably be somewhere around #50), we then have two picks in a row near the end of the fourth round.

Could we get Jordan Lukac as a Category B rookie? His background is Zimbabwean, he's in our zone, we do need a developing ruckman, low risk high reward there

You cant get players as a Cat B rookie if theyve already been overlooked in a draft.

An exciting small forward. They went early on him, but hes decent

I had just never heard of him in relation to the top 30.

Just goes to show how opinion really started to diverge from around the picks in the early teens.

With a late pick I wouldn't mind someone who gets a ton of the ball and clearances but perhaps lacks a bit of polish. Someone like Josh Browne or Hugh Jackson? Doesn't get as much ball going by his stats, but would Kade Dittmar be a good option as an inside mid?

Kade is the next Jared Po.....ulton

Re Sausage Roll - I paid $10 for a small sausage roll and a small pie on the Jetstar flight to Adelaide last night…..so you could say a full size sausage roll would be $10….no sauce was available
Jetstar can F off with those prices that’s why I always keep a Sausage Roll in my pants for these accusations. Just whip it out when the Hostess is not looking😆

Jetstar can F off with those prices that’s why I always keep a Sausage Roll in my pants for these accusations. Just whip it out when the Hostess is not looking😆

So that's why you're not allowed to fly any more. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2021 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back