Resource 2021 Finals Ticketing info for all Finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

I suspect a fair few of you guys will be flying over for the Granny which is great

But spare a thought for Demons' fans who are effectively barred from attending

I suspect a fair few of you guys will be flying over for the Granny which is great

Did I trip and fall into a universe where it is actually a Port vs Melbourne GF?

Demon's (MCC) members have been attending other teams GF's for years while fans of those teams have been locked out. Won't be sparing many thoughts if they make it to be honest.

**** em. Any other year they wouldn't have to even leave their home ground.

Couldn't give a shit about Melbourne fans and don't understand being happy for opposition fans when they win - I want us to win the premiership every year and for non Port fans to never see a premiership in their lifetime.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We got to make it first!

But yes people are making plans to avoid the price hike in flights.

In regards to Melbourne, I'm sure they will get all the support they need from the WA locals ;P

i reckon i would be happy just to score tickets to the prelim after what happened with QF and missing out. And i don't really want to get ahead of myself as i think there is still a large mountain to climb just to get to the GF but what is the process for securing GF tickets? Do we need to enter a ballot and when is that happening, from memory in 2014 we had to do this before the prelim.

Those that are booking flights and accomodation in Perth already, are you assuming you will definitely be able to secure tickets? I know they say that certain membership categories have GF guarantee but i don't believe it anymore.

West Coast supporter comes on to the Port board and asks us to spare a thought for Melbourne Demons Fans?

Also you do realise there are 3 Victorian teams still in the race, do we need to spare a thought for the other two too?

i reckon i would be happy just to score tickets to the prelim after what happened with QF and missing out. And i don't really want to get ahead of myself as i think there is still a large mountain to climb just to get to the GF but what is the process for securing GF tickets? Do we need to enter a ballot and when is that happening, from memory in 2014 we had to do this before the prelim.

Those that are booking flights and accomodation in Perth already, are you assuming you will definitely be able to secure tickets? I know they say that certain membership categories have GF guarantee but i don't believe it anymore.
It came up earlier in the thread but I reckon the members allocation will be very similar to that of a MCG Grand Final. You don't have to worry about a third of the stadium being taken up by MCC and AFL members. I also think , and this is just my opinion, that priority systems will be changed as general public will not be eligible unlike the QF/PF.

I think there will be a couple of priority allocations - Priority 1 - Club 1870, Black Diamond and Platinum I assume, Priority 2 Gold?? Or something like that. I'm not sure how it will work with the 60k capacity and whether any of the current guaranteed GF ticket groups will be affected. I'm club1870 so I'm booking with relative confidence I'll be able to secure a ticket if we get in but who knows.

There's a few elements here.

1. Everything is cancellable. I'm booking accom and flights that are cancellable. So we lose, we can't get GF tix or covid strikes, well I'm paying a premium to make sure I can cancel my flights, and booking accom at places that have free cancellation.

2. We've been here before. We aren't jinxing the team. It's just sensible to start planning. If the GF was in Melb, there'd be no problem. Hell if you could've driven to QLD last year, there also wouldn't have been a problem. The problem is driving for 3 days to get to Perth is not an option for most, and that means we have no choice but to fly. We all saw what happened last year with flights in the lead up, when it is the only way to get there, prices are going to go up massively. They really already have. I've bought a tickets for $500 return including full flex. Right now with Jetstar they're already fully booked for Fri and Sat there and Sun and Mon returning, and if you choose Thursday to Tues, you're up for $1000 return already.
So it's not about jinxing or getting ahead of ourselves, it's just about getting in early, trying to keep the cost to a reasonable level and making sure that if we make it I give myself a chance to go. Because I intend to go if we make it, and there's no way I can afford $1600-$2000 return tickets x 2.

3. I have Jetstar vouchers from cancelling last year, so I basically just turned them into a possible flight this year, and if I cancel, those vouchers will just go towards some hopeful international travel by the end of 2022/early 2023.

Last edited:
IF we make it and we played a Victorian team and they weren't able to fill their member allocation would we get the rest? could see 15-20k Port fans making it over some way or another.

Unlikely

Given the potential you could be locked away forever if there's a covid outbreak I reckon there will only be a couple of thousand max

Priority 1 - Club 1870, Black Diamond and Platinum....
I'm club1870 so I'm booking with relative confidence I'll be able to secure a ticket if we get in but who knows.
Yeah if we make it the categories that paid for the GF ticket priviledge would definitely get a first crack.

I'm platinum and expect that with the difficulty of getting there, and with a now pre arranged way there I should be able to get the 2 tickets I want..... I hope.

Unlikely

Given the potential you could be locked away forever if there's a covid outbreak I reckon there will only be a couple of thousand max
I already know of 15-20 that have booked or are booking flexi flights in the next few days.

I think there will be a couple of priority allocations - Priority 1 - Club 1870, Black Diamond and Platinum I assume, Priority 2 Gold?? Or something like that. I'm not sure how it will work with the 60k capacity and whether any of the current guaranteed GF ticket groups will be affected. I'm club1870 so I'm booking with relative confidence I'll be able to secure a ticket if we get in but who knows.
Given no 23k AFL members reserve and 22k MCC members reserve needed, there should be around 30k of the 60k offered to the 2 competing club members. Last year at the Gabba it was 54% ie 16.2k of 30k and what wasn't sold to members, was then opened up for the general public.

This is how the club said it would handle things last year, remembering the 100% pledges last year, and credits from 2020 memberships might affect your 2021 guarantee.

How many tickets are provided to Competing Club members?

Based on a crowd of 30,000, each competing club will receive an allocation of 8,100 tickets.

Crowd capacity is still subject to change.

Who is eligible to purchase a Grand Final ticket?

Due to the reduced allocation of Grand Final tickets (8,100), we will not be able to offer our normal Grand Final guarantees for Club 1870, Black Diamond and Platinum members as our number of eligible members exceeds this allocation.

Eligible members will instead be allocated a Priority Group to purchase tickets.

What are the Priority Groups?

Priority Group 1 – Club 1870 members, Life Members (total eligible members 1,500)

Priority Group 2 – Black Diamond and Platinum members (total eligible members 10,500)

Priority Group 3 – Gold members (total eligible members 4,500)

All members must have pledged 100% of their membership to the Club in 2020 to be eligible.

When will tickets go on-sale?
On-sale dates are dependent on the competing teams. There are two possible on-sale dates –
Monday 19th October
  • Priority Group 1 – 11am – 1pm
  • Priority Group 2 – 2pm – 4pm
  • Priority Group 3 – 4pm-6pm
OR

Tuesday 20th October
  • Priority Group 1 – 11am – 1pm
  • Priority Group 2 – 2pm – 4pm
  • Priority Group 3 – 4pm-6pm

Unlikely

People that run their own business and/or can't work from home would definitely not go. My father owns a Sthil shop and has pulled out. I work in IT though so can go. I know of 13 platinum's in my family though and there's 6 of us going.

As long as cases are zero by the time the weekend comes around though, in Perth and Adelaide, hopefully all that might happen is that Adelaide people get forced into quarantine on return. Which doesn't phase me.

The worst that could happen though is if you get forced to do 14 days quarantine in Perth.

If there was an outbreak in either state before people started flying over though, I think everyone would just cancel.

This actually presents a great challenge to the AFL as well though. They could potentially sell 10k tickets to Port members, whom actually have to cancel their trips and therefore leave massive chunks of the ground empty. Wonder how the AFL would manage such a situation. They might allow ticket refunds in order to get more Perth people in?

Unlikely

What? The SA government has always allowed SA residents to return home when there has been a major outbreak, but they have to go into quarantine when they get back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2021 Finals Ticketing info for all Finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back