Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

At the Family Day earlier this year, Koch was up on the big screen and providing some nonsensical speech.

The thing I most remember was him saying something like "we like to promote from within at Port Adelaide blah blah blah..."

Coming from the supposed business guru I have no idea how this fits in with any best practice ideology. And it's one thing to follow this practice, but telling everyone in attendance, just seemed to me to be next level stupidity.

If you’re a small-to-medium sized business with a steady-as-she-goes track record of low-cost/low-risk growth and modest returns, his strategy is a home run.

Unfortunately we’re in an elite sports league where 3 hours of endemic cultural malaise and ambition limited to ‘better than average’ can result in titanic failure in the core business.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i saw that but didn't get why he said 8 years, he could've said 12 or 20 and it would've made more sense??
Honestly I reckon he is spot on.

Ken came in fresh in 13, we looked like a team on the rise in 13 and 14. 15 and 16 injuries hit and 2017 was the year that it was time to change direction. Then its 8 years of treading water and shitting on fans and history.

I know people are uneasy about Carr because it feels like we're promoting from within, I am as well.

But he's absolutely got an AFL head coach ready resume. He's been highly regarded as an assistant even before he returned here, and has had experience as a head coach as well, at North Adelaide where he led them to a 27-year drought breaking flag.

He's ready. If we don't give him the job, someone else will.
If Hinkley didn't receive his last undeserved extension, Josh would already be coming to the end of his first year as coach.......

So the AFL thinks that's ok, that's not inflaming the situation and the 'bad look' for the AFL?

Don't care if he is right or not, saying You're not getting on a plane gets you hung out to dry, so should that. Two sets of rules.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back