Opinion 2021 fixture I'd like to see.

Remove this Banner Ad

You need the extra round if you want to have two derbies, showdowns, etc.

That's an interesting point, but it's nothing new. It's not at all unusual for a side who finished in the bottom 4 or 6 the previous year to bolt up the ladder the following year, and that has to do with an easier draw.
I think it’s wrong already that the AFL slightly weights the fixture to the advantage of bottom teams, but the suggestion goes even further down that path. If the AFL is going to use the previous years ladder to set double ups it should be in an effort to give every team roughly the same difficulty double ups. Things change of course but it’s obviously less likely a team will get a significantly harder draw when you aren’t doing it intentionally.

Collingwood to hub for the entire season in Queensland, and to only play on nights the Firebirds aren’t fixtured to play so that Adam can mind the kid.
Why? Adam is happy to stay in Victoria

All docklands teams should play a shared MCG docklands fixture playing the same number of games at each venue with the current 4 MCG resident teams.

We all deserve to be treated in an equal manner its a huge advantage to be at the MCG for home and finals games.

Top team gets home GF

Given that the MCG can hold 25,000 people from 23 November, I think it's a given that Vic clubs won't be hubbing in QLD next year (unless we stuff up hotel quarantine again)

7 vs 10 and 8 vs 9 eliminations during the pre finals bye

3 advantages

- No more boring break for fans on eve of finals

- Gives a genuine advantage to the top 6 teams with extra week break

- Keeps more teams in the finals race, meaning less pointless dead rubbers

If you think 2 matches is too many, then just have 1 - 8th vs 9th.

I doubt the AFL will have teams hub in Perth next year especially if most teams can play home games in their home states as expected. Made sense to do it this season as the fixture was already a clusterfcuk but doing it next season would just disadvantage teams having to come over to quarantine and I imagine the AFL would just have us and freo play 'home' games interstate. Hopefully something can be worked out with the state gov so we can have teams fly in and out mostly unimpeded to get games played here similar to how SA did it this year.
With the state border opening in a week and barring another wave over east its looking likely us and freo will get our 11 home games each in Perth.

You like going to matches on a Tuesday night in 12 degrees?
After being deprived of going all year and missing out on seeing my side win the flag, I would turn up for a Tuesday 7am game in 2 degrees.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How about giving 2 of the other 16 clubs a chance to play 1st game of the season? Imagine watching a 1st game and not switching off after 10 mins.
Will never happen unfortunately.

It's happened quite a bit.

That the games are forgotten tells you all you need to know about them.

Nah,Dusty deserves to open the season,its his birthright

The club with the most recent 3 time Norm Smith medalist should get to play in it every year at their home ground against whoever they choose.

35 game season. Let's get it right for once.
34? play the other 17 teams once at home, once away

I'd like to see all Cats home games in Geelong, if the season got expanded then the AFL could easily fill it's 45 games at Marvel and the MCG without us.

34? play the other 17 teams once at home, once away

I'd like to see all Cats home games in Geelong, if the season got expanded then the AFL could easily fill it's 45 games at Marvel and the MCG without us.
But then what Excuse would Cook give to the members when you still play 2-3 home games in Melbourne?

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion 2021 fixture I'd like to see.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back