No Oppo Supporters 2021 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a way better system than whats in place in the AFL atm imo. I still struggle with an 8 week suspension for a player cause as you say he didn’t do anything, opposition players & other umpires should have corroborated his evidence. But all good. You were there & I wasn’t. Cheers 😀
I wasn't got sent the vision.

The amazing thing for me is the lack of any of the talking heads calling out Greene for letting down his coaches, team and supporters.

I'd be apoplectic if Papley got himself rubbed out of a final doing something so dumb and selfish.
I think the real problem is his coaches and teammates don't call him out.

This is an article from Wayne Campbell written earlier this year about Greene, focusing on the 2019 finals (Campbell was GWS footy boss at the time)

This paragraph references Bontempelli hair being pulled by Greene after an incident between Bontempelli and Nick Haynes in a previous game;

...consider how this admittedly unsightly act appeared to Haynes, who sees a teammate prepared to get himself suspended to stick up for him and his team. No amount of words can gain that respect like that inside the walls of a football club.

This was an elimination final and Campbell sees hair pulling as a way of sticking up for his teammates

Greene got fined.
Learnt his lesson?
Of course not.
Next week SF Greene gets rubbed out for contact with Lachie Neale's face, whilst Neale is defenceless on the ground.
As for the incident Campbell recalls;
Not once did Toby not tell us the truth. Or if there was a little white lie, the diverted gaze accompanied with the trademark grin told you what you needed to know anyway.

But of course Campbell and GWS forgive Greene because;
.... any boy that loves and supports their mother the way Toby does endears themselves to those around them.

And Campbell finishes off;
When Toby leads his team onto the MCG on Saturday as captain, (in April 2021) those behind him will love the fact that he’s their leader.

The acts we see Greene perform, hair pulling, eye gouging, karate kicks and bumping an umpire aren't tough, they aren't the act of a leader, they are the acts of a petulant faux tough guy and yet GWS continues to indulge Greene.

Unbelievable.

I guess, at GWS, being a good player absolves you of responsibility.

I’d love to have Greene at the Swans. He’s a rare talent. Umpire contact was poor form and he’s been suspended. Three weeks seems light given Williams copped 9 weeks 25 years ago. Barry Hall was suspended for 14 games during his career at the Swans. Some players just push the boundaries too far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:laughv1:
can't access the article but the headline says it all :)

From the article;
The West Australian understands McGuire had applied for entry into WA for himself and his two sons, Alexander and Joseph, who were listed on the application as producers for his production company, JAMTV, despite them not being listed on the media company’s official website as employees.

McGuire came under fire last year when he travelled to Queensland for the 2020 grand final and was spotted partying at a Gold Coast night club, The Pink Flamingo.

At the time he said he ventured out of the Queensland AFL bubble to see how to better understand how similar venues could reopen when Melbourne was still in lockdown.

Definition of a sense of entitlement; Eddie McGuire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back