List Mgmt. 2021 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

42 Senior + Cat A (ie 36/6, 37/5, 38/4)

+ 2 Cat B = Max 44
Senior list must be at least 36, max 38
Rookie list is max 6
Total Senior + Rookie must be at least 37, max 42
Can then add up to 2 Cat-B's for max 44.
Cheers. Did that change when they changed the rules around rookies? When they didn't have to be elevated to play seniors footy? Or have I just not paid enough attention in the past? (tipping it's the last one)

Cheers. Did that change when they changed the rules around rookies? When they didn't have to be elevated to play seniors footy? Or have I just not paid enough attention in the past? (tipping it's the last one)
List size was lowered last year for Covid. They kept it the same for the coming year, but have changed the rookie rule (can't demote from senior to rookie till after ND). https://www.afl.com.au/news/659265/afl-confirms-2022-list-sizes-tweaks-rule-for-rookies

SPS + Murphy + Casboult + Ramsay + Gibbons + LOB off senior list

Lewis + Cerra + Hewett on senior list - three spots available

Kennedy promotion - two spots available

two draft selections.

With LOB downgraded, we have 33 senior. 2 picks + 1 upgrade = 36, same as last year.

Oh, 1 too many rookies? I guess Doc is on the inactive list?
Ok, checked this too, here's the relevant rule:

26.7 Lodgement of Primary List (Rule 6.1)
If a Club intends to retain a Player who is on its Long Term Injury List at the end of the Football Year, the Club must transfer the Player from its Long Term Injury List to its Primary List at the time the Primary List is lodged with the AFL under Rule 6.1 and maintain such Player on its Primary List until after the completion of the Rookie Draft Selection Meeting. If the Player is still suffering a Long Term Injury after completion of the Rookie Draft Selection Meeting, the Club may again seek the approval of the General Counsel to include the Player on its Long Term Injury List in accordance with this Rule 26.2

I don't think we can do this. So we're back to one pick at the draft.

SPS + Murphy + Casboult + Ramsay + Gibbons + LOB off senior list

Lewis + Cerra + Hewett on senior list - three spots available

Kennedy promotion - two spots available

two draft selections.
You're ignoring the mid-season draft pickups. One of which was for a player on long-term injury list (Marchy I think).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok, checked this too, here's the relevant rule:

26.7 Lodgement of Primary List (Rule 6.1)
If a Club intends to retain a Player who is on its Long Term Injury List at the end of the Football Year, the Club must transfer the Player from its Long Term Injury List to its Primary List at the time the Primary List is lodged with the AFL under Rule 6.1 and maintain such Player on its Primary List until after the completion of the Rookie Draft Selection Meeting. If the Player is still suffering a Long Term Injury after completion of the Rookie Draft Selection Meeting, the Club may again seek the approval of the General Counsel to include the Player on its Long Term Injury List in accordance with this Rule 26.2

I don't think we can do this. So we're back to one pick at the draft.

But rookie upgrades can only count for 1 of the 3 minimum ND picks.

I guess we could just sign Cottrell in the Sup Period after Doc is on the LTI list?

But rookie upgrades can only count for 1 of the 3 minimum ND picks.

I guess we could just sign Cottrell in the Sup Period after Doc is on the LTI list?
I still can't find a reference to that 1 rookie upgrade rule. Had a look after our last discussion on that topic.

Using https://resources.afl.com.au/afl/do...3aff/AFL-Rules-effective-16-February-2021.pdf as reference. Happy to be proved wrong, but if so, I really can't see how we can get two picks and stay under the list size limit.

Good news, Owies was a much improved player and pretty good seeing as he is coming from a basketball background and probably hadn't played much footy before his recruitment.

McDonald was pretty good in the brief period he was fit. Demonstrated some versatility and ability to take a mark.

Thought Parks was good, really good in the VFL, just probably has some things to improve with his defending but he was pretty good and gives us a third tall defender to look at.

Boyd was injured as soon as he was recruited, something about mature age recruits coming to Carlton and getting injured in recent years isn't there.

All these guys will make us a better team regardless of how much senior footy they player. We know when they come in the will be up to AFL footy.

It’s frustrating as a fan because it seems the most simple thing to address and some players just won’t/can’t.
Elite armchair experts come in all shapes and sizes and very few could kick a footy through the big sticks from ten metres out, gimme Paddy Dow every day of the week over your inconsequential meh pfft post.

That table has been overridden by the reduction in list sizes for this year and next due to Covid.

See: https://www.afl.com.au/news/524822/new-afl-player-pay-deal-reached-list-sizes-revealed

" The maximum list size for next year have been reduced from 47 to 44 which includes the ability to list up to two Category B rookies.

The minimum list size for each club will be 37, which can be made up by as little as 36 senior listed players and one rookie.

To reach 44, clubs can carry 36-38 senior listed players, four-to-six Category A rookies and two Category B rookies."

Only way the numbers work is if Doc is moved to Long Term Injury List.
Would make sense. What's LTI? 8 weeks?
Not sure when his treatment finishes, but he will lose a massive amount of weight, muscle and fitness. Will take a while for him to be football ready, sadly.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2021 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Back