List Mgmt. 2021 Mid-Season Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

And we picked a kid at circa pick 30 in the ND who has kicked 1 goal in how many VFL games...
You also forgot to mention that he leads the sanfl in contested marks... at 18 years of age

I’m neither on or off the Callow train, but anyone that’s seen our VFL team play this year would say that 1 goal from an 18 KPF who didn’t play last year is decent output...

I agree Callow should be 1st selection either Johnson or Stengle very viable second selections.

Will be interested to see if Greenwood is sacrificed for a third.
Would love 3 picks to kick start our rebuild, Callow and 2 x 19 yr old Vics that didn't get to show their talents last year. From what I've seen there are a few that are looking the goods. Maher Gribble McLeod
I can just see it now. Come our 2nd pick, with Callow, Stengel, Thorne still available, we choose a player no-one has ever heard of before.
McLarty and Sier all over again. Still can't believe Hine chose
I can just see it now. Come our 2nd pick, with Callow, Stengel, Thorne still available, we choose a player no-one has ever heard of before.
Former Under 12's Best & Fairest from Mt Nowhere, has been playing Baseball in Japan for 5 years. Surely you've heard of him?

Jack is one of the very few journalists I have any respect for but like anything to do with sports it's an art and not a science in predicting exact selections.

Callow is the biggest list need but will take a couple of years to come on.

Stengle is - if you ignore his off field dramas - an indigenous crumbing forward with x factor and a tackling/pressure machine.

Johnson is an indigenous mobile tweener forward who may be able to come into the team from the get go.

Importantly Wrighty's influence is felt right away with the club interviewing forwards and seeking indigenous talent.

I am hoping the club snaps up Callow with their first and then goes for Johnson / Stengle with pick 2.

Those of you annoyed with the club for seeking out other tallish forwards please consider, Johnson is indigenous and an x factor forward - therefore they are seeking to implement in a couple of areas of concern.

Fingers crossed for Callow 1st.

Are you implying they will take into consideration he is indigenous. To have a token indigenous player on our list ? Crikey

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I feel like if we don’t pick callow, he won’t get past Essendon at pick 10

Callow is the least likely of the players we need to make the 2nd round, which makes him must pick at 3. I already have little faith in our list management, but if we don’t grab him at 3, then fmd.

I've only seen him listed as 195cm, but he's got an elite leap which will help regardless
I am certain I read 197cm but still skinny, what would be ideal is him and Callow together if things went well the club would have no concerns for a decade and Johnson could be a cherry on top, that would be grouse.

I am certain I read 197cm but still skinny, what would be ideal is him and Callow together if things went well the club would have no concerns for a decade and Johnson could be a cherry on top, that would be grouse.
In full agreement, Callow and McMahon would really be comforting as a tall pairing alongside De Goey, McCreery, Mihocek and Elliott + others.

If the club does end up with 3 mid-season picks and can somehow wrangle Callow, Stengle and Johnson it would really lift the collective Collingwood spirit I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should we temper our expectations about the MSD? These guys have mostly been overlooked before. We might do OK with the first pick, but a second and even a third - very unlikely to be much at this depth.

As others have noted, Callow is not ‘plug and play’, and it could be a while before we see him in the seniors. It’s most likely about development for him, not an immediate contribution.

Noble was unusual, and is one of three or four players from the 2019 MSD still on a list. And he was our only pick, not a second or third.

Have we completely given up on Kelly as a KPF prospect?

I think Kelly’s future will be heavily reliant on who the senior coach is in 2022-23. If it’s Buckley I think his time as a forward is done and he’s being groomed to replace Roughy. If it’s an outsider I think his time at the club could be limited beyond next year.

196e2ec1ed2ca4e4ec7fd8595edfe02f.jpg

Should we temper our expectations about the MSD? These guys have mostly been overlooked before. We might do OK with the first pick, but a second and even a third - very unlikely to be much at this depth.

As others have noted, Callow is not ‘plug and play’, and it could be a while before we see him in the seniors. It’s most likely about development for him, not an immediate contribution.

Noble was unusual, and is one of three or four players from the 2019 MSD still on a list. And he was our only pick, not a second or third.
We have little to be optimistic about! I also think this MSD offers a different opportunity because of how shaken up last year's national draft was. Will be lots of teams hoping to snag guys that fell through the cracks for whatever reason.

I know Callow isn't the next coming, but I can see him developing into a best 22 calibre KPF.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2021 Mid-Season Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back