List Mgmt. 2021 Mid-Season Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

It's about picking the best player available not aboriginal heritage and culture. If the two coincide, that's great.
Thank **** you aren’t anywhere near managing people because you know jack schitte about team development. So if the best twenty players, that become available, are all 170cm introverts you’d go that way?

Thank **** you aren’t anywhere near managing people because you know jack schitte about team development. So if the best twenty players, that become available, are all 170cm introverts you’d go that way?
Whatever you're on, I want some! Must be good stuff!

Plus, if you have read my posts, you would be well aware that anyone below 180 cm falls under my 'no more short people' policy.

He was from Geelong VFL

Pretty sure he'd been delisted by the Cats and was playing with the Doggies VFL side when taken in the midseason draft

So Toby Thoolen and Ben Kinnear eat your heart out.

Can't think of a player who fit the description of ruck come fwd as a junior who turned around at afl level to become a genuine KPF who excelled in the role.

I guess there is always a first, my frustration is at Hine here I hope and wish Begg all the success in the future for his and our sakes.

Hine loves a "versatile" pick over a master of position player and especially so with his KPFs. Its getting down right frustrating as a supporter to see constant ignoring of list needs KPF and small xfactor goal sneak fwds.

You can also add Perham and Reilly to that list. We don't have a great track record with draft age speculative talls.

Callow made so much sense when you consider his Norwood form.

“We had six or seven players on our list (on Wednesday night) and were able to get two through in our in our two selections. So we’re really excited about that.”

Wonder who were the other players. I think they kept crossing players off, and because Callow was gone, we went with Begg
You don't know that. May have been Begg all along. Travis Cloke a mentor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watch the Mid-Season Draft Replay Here:

You can also add Perham and Reilly to that list. We don't have a great track record with draft age speculative talls.

Callow made so much sense when you consider his Norwood form.

Callow but not the Main KPP sort of player we are Looking For

You don't know that. May have been Begg all along. Travis Cloke a mentor
Yes, thats true, but given it was tight between Johnston/Callow as to the 1st pick, I'm just assuming Callow would have been 2nd choice. But if he was gone, then Begg would be next.

My son just came back from following the draft at a mate's place. The Dad there is an AFL recruiter and ex AFL asst coach, also coached at SANFL/WAFL level, so I asked if the expert said anything about Jonno or Begg. He's been stuck in Vic so didn't say anything about Jonno, but he said he thinks we have picked up the steal of the draft. As a promising forward, he reckoned Begg was exactly what Pies need. That's it, with Jonno highlights and those comments I'm back at living in hope!
Good intel, thanks.

Watch the Mid-Season Draft Replay Here:

Don't think I can stomach re-living through that heartbreak again lol

I disagree. Callow very much a main KPF.

But we are looking more for Versatile Tall Forward then a Key Forward.

Callow must have some Big Knocks as taken in 2nd Round of the Draft

You're wrong on this one Billy. Judd struggled to fully extend his arms above his head. In that pic, he's a long way from full extension.
In all fairness that pic was a video which I froze. Could have timed it better I suppose. But that’s not the only overhead mark he has taken. Selwood has taken a number. Fyfe had a shoulder reconstruction in 2012 and he has taken some pretty good marks over the years. Robbie Tarrant another, and Mitchell Lewis at Hawthorn had a shoulder reconstruction. If I had more time I’m sure I could dig out more players who have had shoulder reconstructions/surgery who were able to play AFL football and take marks overhead. That as opposed to throwing out statements without any foundation to purely suit a narrative which seems to be the way Kappa goes about it.

In all fairness that pic was a video which I froze. Could have timed it better I suppose. But that’s not the only overhead mark he has taken. Selwood has taken a number. Fyfe had a shoulder reconstruction in 2012 and he has taken some pretty good marks over the years. Robbie Tarrant another, and Mitchell Lewis at Hawthorn had a shoulder reconstruction. If I had more time I’m sure I could dig out more players who have had shoulder reconstructions/surgery who were able to play AFL football and take marks overhead. That as opposed to throwing out statements without any foundation to purely suit a narrative which seems to be the way Kappa goes about it.
Heaps of players have had shoulder problems and later been strong overhead. I'm just pointing out that Juddy wasn't one of them.

You won't find your focal point kpf from the msd. at best callow would have a strong lead mark game like Medhurst did. Even he makes it he won't be splitting packs at AFL , doesn't have the speed , size or athleticism
195/98 not enough size ?
🤔

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2021 Mid-Season Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back