Opinion 2021 Non-Crows AFL 3: Things Fall Apart!

Who sneaks in to 7th & 8th?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My son is good friends with both Martin Frederick (Port) and Michael (Freo) and from what I'm aware Martin at this point doesn't have a contract for 2022 and the club have told him that they'll made a decision after the trade period.

Butters had a severe injury (drop foot) as a result of his ankle injury, there definitely would be some concerns over that injury in the long term because often that type of injury never quite heals 100%.

He didn't look to be the same player when he came back and there's the possibility that his speed and ability to evade contests, that were a big part of his game, might never quite return to what it was before the injury.

Jones looks a great prospect, but ultimately he's a stocky half back flanker.

I still think he has the traits to be a good AFL player ......good luck to him

1632897335490.png

Old mate Jenkins made Mofra's bottom 50 list.
Yep ...they stopped accepting bets mid year .....was a shoe in for the bottom 10

Jenkins certainly proved us wrong .....huge success at GEEL ...2 games in 2 years wasn't it ? 🤣

Yep ...they stopped accepting bets mid year .....was a shoe in for the bottom 10

Jenkins certainly proved us wrong .....huge success at GEEL ...2 games in 2 years wasn't it ? 🤣

Wasn't he one of their better players when we flogged them? I think it's a bit rich to criticise when he was never really going to get a game in Geelong's AFL side unless they had a run of injuries. It was only Patty that got him the money.

Wasn't he one of their better players when we flogged them? I think it's a bit rich to criticise when he was never really going to get a game in Geelong's AFL side unless they had a run of injuries. It was only Patty that got him the money.
Hey ! .....we paid Jenkins to play VFL

He shouldn't have gone to a club that had no need for him ......waste of time on his behalf

No, he was one of our better players when we flogged them.

Jenkins hasn't even played for two years and still has more career goals than Dixon

F**k me, thats like a little pick me up to end the work day.

Who needs a coffee when you have Port to laugh at on a daily basis.

we paid him. It was our contract that got him the money. Patty got him the list spot

I think Chris Scott set out some non-negotiables in how he was expected to play, and the words just confused him. Non-negotiable? 2-way running?

Meanwhile on the Port board, the Sack Hinkley movement continues apace

Apparently, since Kenny took over there have been 8 other clubs who haven’t reached a GF. But 7 of them have finished bottom in that time. Not great company to be in.

And a couple of them - us included - have reached a GF and finished bottom

I love the thinking on the Port board with Burgess
  • He's overrated
  • Waste of money
  • Destroyed their fitness and then walked out on the club
  • They already have his blue print and don't need him anymore
It's amazing how they always manage to invent reasons to convince themselves that anything that happens at our club is a negative.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

• He's overrated
  • Waste of money
It's amazing how they always manage to invent reasons to convince themselves that anything that happens at our club is a negative.

So he destroyed their fitness but they’re also still using his blueprint? :think:

• He's overrated
  • Waste of money
I wonder if they watched any football this year?

Cerra picking Carlton, why? WHY?? Melbourne was knocking at his door and he still chose Carlton!!

These players that pick Carlton must love brown paper bags because the obviously don't like footy and they don't like winning they just enjoy being paid handsomely for something they're good at.

Cerra picking Carlton, why? WHY?? Melbourne was knocking at his door and he still chose Carlton!!

These players that pick Carlton must love brown paper bags because the obviously don't like footy and they don't like winning they just enjoy at being paid handsomely for something they're good at.
Making sure that Freo get the best deal possible I suppose. That is the main reason I can come up with.

These players that pick Carlton must love brown paper bags because the obviously don't like footy and they don't like winning they just enjoy being paid handsomely for something they're good at.
Same reason Chris Judd went there... $$$$, usually handed over in brown paper bags marked "Visy".

• He's overrated
  • Waste of money
To be fair we are pretty good at that at our club too.

Burgess could be the making of Fog if he wants it enough and has it in him..

Port do this every year. They are obsessed with chasing their 'missing piece' and as a result they're constantly having to push players out to get draft picks.

There is no long term thinking down there, they constantly think they're on the bring of a premiership so keep selling the future for the present.

They are a poor mans Geelong in this regard.

Inthink it's reasonable to have a crack whilst you're contending around the top handful. I don't think they've cost themselves a flag by trading out the players that they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back