List Mgmt. 2021 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

So his first two years were at approx $150k a year? Pretty crazy to offer $400k in the third year then in hope the player becomes something/doesn't get a bad injury
They had a) plans to have cap space to get someone in those first two years and it didn't eventuate, b) cash flow issues, c) wanted flexibility to move part of players salary between years to meet 95% floor but not go over 100% ceiling.

In 2019 it was reported Gray's Boak's Ebert's and maybe a couple of others' September and October 1/12th base salary wasn't paid in full until November, to move it into another financial year.

if ladhams becomes a gun elsewhere we should sack hinkley. matter of fact, sack him anyway.

Have said this before and will say it again, our list management doesn't actively ship out players who are destined to become guns elsewhere. They know what they're doing. Name one time in recent memory when this has happened?

But I do agree, Sack Hinkley.

A nomination this late suggests either the club has just about worked something out with the Swans or Pete is a bit of a dickhead.

Should that be or or because :p

What’s the point of freeing up 400k in the salary cap if we aren’t brining in a big name though

the whole salary cap argument for letting ladhams go confuses me
It clearly isn't for money.

And given his form rise this season, it ain't based on current form nor future trajectory whereby he is likely to go past Lycett next year.

So it's either:

1. he's a party boy/d***head, who won't knuckle down to achieve his potential, or
2. he's rubbed the coaching "maestro" up the wrong way, and in the bad books (gets ten out of ten for that from me, if true!).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A nomination this late suggests either the club has just about worked something out with the Swans or Pete is a bit of a dickhead.
He was told to have a look around at opportunities. He spoke seriously to Hawthorn and Sydney. Maybe others. They probably didn't give him an answer straight away and he wasn't there #1 thing to worry about last week.

Hawthorn first had to move on Ceglar, Sydney trying to get a deal done for Dawson. They say to Ladhams we will get back to you later with a final offer. They get back to him yesterday or this morning, he makes a selection, he tells Port today. No big deal. Most trades that are dependent on something else happening, and get dealt with this way.

CD told the Big Footy focus group last December, the Fantasia deal was held up for 4 days over pick 73 coming back to Port from Essendon, because Dodoro told him he would finalize the deal after he finalized the 4 other ones he was working on. Nothing changed in that 4 days re the final Fantasia deal, but Dodoro had a different order of doing things compared to Port and CD just had to wait for 4 days to sign off on what they had already negotiated.

It clearly isn't for money.

And given his form rise this season, it ain't based on current form nor future trajectory whereby he is likely to go past Lycett next year.

So it's either:

1. he's a party boy/d***head, who won't knuckle down to achieve his potential, or
2. he's rubbed the coaching "maestro" up the wrong way, and in the bad books (gets ten out of ten for that from me, if true!).
With respect to #2, would be funny if Pistol Pete came out and said "I've fallen out irrevocably with Kern, it's him or me - here's the Twitter poll" - wonder what the votes would be?

I recall Fantasia's deal and Jeremy Cameron to Geelong was done well late at night and past that time last year, am I wrong?
I reckon the Fantasia deal was literally done with seconds to spare.

The later finish to the season may play a part in it feeling like that.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2021 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back