List Mgmt. 2021 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it the same issue plaguing Polec? I see Billings as a similar type of player.

Polec was a navicular bone stress injury (which leads to fracture) and a lot more serious due to the lack of blood flow/healing ability. Plantar fasciitis is a ligament injury where it is painful if the ligament is inflamed or has a small tear, yet if completely snapped is pain free (think Robert Harvey jumping off his kitchen bench to snap his completely). If rest doesn't heal it, you can have surgery to detach the ligament from the heel.

Simply put, it's what Connor has been dealing with all year, not what Polec has to manage for a lifetime.

Great, now I have to contemplate the reality of Jack Billings' existence

Go Guthrie and billing’s as freeagents sures up our midfield for a few years
Wines, drew, Guthrie, billings, Amon, butters, rozzee, Bergman, mead
Leave Houston as a half back to create run
Then go for amiss or 1 of the key forwards to sure up the forward line. Then next year look at key defender stocks
I’d be very happy with that

I agree with this. I’d prefer Parker over Guthrie though but would take either or both. Like a lot of People I’m not a massive fan of Billing’s as he’s a very St Kilda type player in that he’s decent at most things but not elite really at anything and is very vanilla. However some might have thought the same about Amon 2 years ago and I can see a lot of similarities between them though do we need two because they could crowd each other out.

I think the upside of Billing’s is Amons last two years which I think he’s capable of but he could also be pretty average and be a bit of a whipping boy. I think 3-4 years for 500-550k is worth the risk and maintains or builds our depth but I think we need either Parker or Guthrie more than we need Billing’s as we have enough flankers but it only takes Boak dropping off and Drew and Wines having a down year on what they’ve done this year and all of a sudden our midfield is in a lot of trouble which is why I’d love Parker along side Wines next year.

The good thing about getting Billing’s is Duursma and Amon can be the starting wingers, Bergman can rotate on to the wing off half back and Billing’s off half forward and those 4 can rotate all game, don’t need to use a heap of interchange rotations. I think leaving Motlop as a small forward who has the ability to get 12-15 touches still is enormous especially with Farrell out and Fantasia injury prone. As a small forward I think Motlop could keep playing for another 2-3 years on minimal money.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Billings isn't very good, you would have to pay him overs to get him over to Adelaide and he isn't a first 22 player. I'm not even sure he fills a list need at all given he plays the high half forward role which we have an oversupply of.

If we are going to get a St Kilda player I would much rather Dunstan as he will cost peanuts and fills the depth midfield void we have.

looking at our 2 for this week, who does Billings come in for?
On current form Fantasia SPP Marshall or Ladhams
I think he will thrive at Port away from the early pick hype that is attached to him at StKilda.
As another poster wrote Robbie and Boaky have 1 or maybe 2 seasons each left and 2 of our current forwards Butters and Rozee are going to be mids and that is not bringing up what 30yo Motlop has left.
Billings can also play midfield minutes when required.
He is a get at the right price.

If it means getting him over here I’m happy to pay Billing’s at 700k for a couple years. At his best he’s an incredibly damaging player.

If it means getting him over here I’m happy to pay Billing’s at 700k for a couple years. At his best he’s an incredibly damaging player.
If we are willing to way Billing’s 700k why weren’t we willing to pay Polec that much. In hindsight it was the right thing to do coz his form is terrible but why he was traded he was worth more than Billing’s atm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rankine will be at the crows next yr is what I've been told I hope not.
I’m not concerned.

Has a lot of talent but it will be hard to display at a struggling team and doesn’t look like an environment that’s going to get the best out of him immediately.

Will cost them a lot too and prevent them from going after other players we want.

The wishes of crows fans that I’ve seen that they’re somehow going to get him for a second rounder is fanciful. If they’ve been throwing the kitchen sink at gcs for years gcs isn’t going to turn around and ask for a pick they don’t even need (they’ve got 3 top 25 picks already and a nga kid who I think they get for free).

Sorry for the intrusion, Sam Edmund linking Trent Dumont to you guys on SEN in Melbourne today. Rumour is hes already 'signed' with crows, not sure how true this is but has been linked to going back to SA most of this year

Sorry for the intrusion, Sam Edmund linking Trent Dumont to you guys on SEN in Melbourne today. Rumour is hes already 'signed' with crows, not sure how true this is but has been linked to going back to SA most of this year
Lets hope he's going to the crows, reality is Trent is an average footballer - just an honest trier.

Lets hope he's going to the crows, reality is Trent is an average footballer - just an honest trier.
One of those rated higher by club supporters/internally than by the wider AFL community. Finished top 5 in BnF last 3 years. Slower wingman that runs both ways and has a tank. Disposal a bit iffy at times. Good link up player

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2021 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back