Training 2021 Training - pics, reports etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Any track watchers that can give us a rundown on what happens out there at training would be greatly appreciated, over in beautiful Stanley Tasmania atm on a 10 day holiday at the in-laws right on the beach... particularly Dazzling Paddy WOW Dow, Cheers...
Couple of diesels went past a friends house....railway is just back of the fence.

For those who didn't get to see him play, Teague was the gutsiest player I've seen in the Navy....well, along with Hickmott....but he was bordering kamikaze.

Constantly got smashed from pillar to post putting his body in the firing line, and was rewarded with the 2004 Robert Rose Award as the most courageous player in the league, as voted by the players.

I absolutely loved Teaguey as a player....had the looks of a Greek God, but tough as a Mexican middleweight :thumbsu:

For those who didn't get to see him play, Teague was the gutsiest player I've seen in the Navy....well, along with Hickmott....but he was bordering kamikaze.

Constantly got smashed from pillar to post putting his body in the firing line, and was rewarded with the 2004 Robert Rose Award as the most courageous player in the league, as voted by the players.

I absolutely loved Teaguey as a player....had the looks of a Greek God, but tough as a Mexican middleweight :thumbsu:
Teague certainly was gutsy, but surely Kenny Hunter is also in that conversation.

Remember the days when your heart would race reading a narrative of training reports..

And you walk outside and look up at the sky and sense it in the fibres of the ether that ‘this is the year’ and while thinking of all the youngsters about to have breakout years your neighbour is watering his lawn staring in envy at the results of the crack you are smoking.

those were the days.

Last edited:
Nice! I couldn't make it to the front gate in the heat today. They are looking good. Edit: the boys...not my gate! Thanks for grammar check Thy :hearteyecat: :D

Last edited:
Sam Walsh is going to third year break the shit out of 2021.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1039030

Omg, the biomechanics diatribe Jimmae could write on this kicking action... I hope nobody tags him....
I'll give it a shot: Leg is bending at undesirable angles, putting excessive pressure on his ankle. This leads to an imbalance on the impact of his sole when planting his foot to kick. Jones also needs to go shopping for some new socks.
It's the same mechanics as a long pass or clearing kick by a goalie, the most extreme version being a side volley. You get more power into the kick from bringing your hip, buttock, thigh and core more into the action.

Harder to hit clean, but when you get it right, it's a 40-60m kick that goes flat and fast.

1610369835927.png

Somebody get Jack some metamucil...

View attachment 1038633

Omg. Click on the full pic and note the Carlton symbol below Jack.

He's bought into the club culture so much, he not only eats, sleeps and breathes Carlton, but he even s***s Carlton!!!

:p

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2021 Training - pics, reports etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back