Training 2022 - 2023 Off-Season and Pre-Season training Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

6b8726265e5ff0e5e9fd9ea3d00cf63a.jpg

Touk training for the Finn grudge match?
Thanks for sharing , just got on him for the Mr.Olympia/Brownlow medal double 🙂

We often joke about this being time for The_Axeman to shine, but has anyone actually heard from him? He normally made it out to the track quite regularly with houdinihuddo - health check on these guys? Don't need a report or contributions (SYL has that covered), but more just concerned about a couple of good Hawks posters...

I'm here. Thanks for your concern, Beandip. I've got a bit going on at the moment and haven't been able to make it down yet. I think HH has made it to one or two sessions so far but the good news is that I plan to be there on Thursday morning for my first session of the pre-season. I reckon that SYL and T4P have been doing a superb job of keeping us all up to date with what's happening at training, but I'll put my 2 cents in after Thursdays session. Can't wait!

I'm here. Thanks for your concern, Beandip. I've got a bit going on at the moment and haven't been able to make it down yet. I think HH has made it to one or two sessions so far but the good news is that I plan to be there on Thursday morning for my first session of the pre-season. I reckon that SYL and T4P have been doing a superb job of keeping us all up to date with what's happening at training, but I'll put my 2 cents in after Thursdays session. Can't wait!
They've been great, but no one makes us feel quite as warm and fuzzy about the players like you mate!

Monster Warrior GIF by Signature Entertainment

Everyone’s pre season reports are genuinely amazing, thank you to all and much appreciated!!!

Any updates / info on here from track watchers is greatly appreciated!!!

Unfortunately the club does not show / give enough vision and content from training. It is something that it could get a lot better at, I see much better regular updates and content from other clubs.

When we talk about member engagement this is something they could really use to show / keep us connected during the off-season.

Last edited:
Sesame Street Fainting GIF

Very pleased to hear mate - I'll look forward to it!

How is Ned Long tracking? I haven’t seen him mentioned in the training reports much. Has he been training with the midfielders?
Sure has. Still built like a brick shithouse and is almost impossible to move from the drop of the ball at stoppages.

Great to hear Axe, looking forward to your report as always!

Does anyone know what time the session is on Thursday?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very encouraging news - I couldn't imagine a better training parter than Bolton.

Shai lives not too far from me and his house is a revolving door of young indigenous players - he is a quiet mentor to many and provides them with a lot of help getting used to Melbourne, or with a place to stay for interstaters or country dwellers (Stengle doesn't stay in a hotel when he's playing in Melbourne, he stays at Bolton's) when they want/need.

Shai lives not too far from me and his house is a revolving door of young indigenous players - he is a quiet mentor to many and provides them with a lot of help getting used to Melbourne, or with a place to stay for interstaters or country dwellers (Stengle doesn't stay in a hotel when he's playing in Melbourne, he stays at Bolton's) when they want/need.
Quality bloke.

What a great man.

Working my way through 2022 replays. Just watched r2 huge win v port. Highlight is breusts bullet to Lewis with 7 mins left in the 3rd - despite our great kickers in recent times that maybe the best kick I’ve seen, but I digress. Go watch it and focus on Worpels game. Played exactly how we want him to and how he gets back to his best, in and under first to the ball hardly kicked set people away by hands, lots of bullocking and shepherds. They simply must sit him down watch that game and practically show him how much him playing that role is crucial for our success and his career. That gave me a huge lift for a guy I thought might be done I now see great optimism and I am sure our coaches are all over it.

Hahahaha
Axe, you got 70+ likes just for that comment lol

One would usually get 70+ likes for a heart-warming detailed training report. Such is the anticipation!

However, the Don of BF has kept us warm with his reports so far.

Working my way through 2022 replays. Just watched r2 huge win v port. Highlight is breusts bullet to Lewis with 7 mins left in the 3rd - despite our great kickers in recent times that maybe the best kick I’ve seen, but I digress. Go watch it and focus on Worpels game. Played exactly how we want him to and how he gets back to his best, in and under first to the ball hardly kicked set people away by hands, lots of bullocking and shepherds. They simply must sit him down watch that game and practically show him how much him playing that role is crucial for our success and his career. That gave me a huge lift for a guy I thought might be done I now see great optimism and I am sure our coaches are all over it.

Worpel is the key more than anyone else next year probably

I'll literally be counting down the hours to this afternoon

Miagi nod.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2022 - 2023 Off-Season and Pre-Season training Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back