Training 2022 - 2023 Off-Season and Pre-Season training Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

I have an awful feeling in the pit of my stomach about Lewis and his knee.

Reading the article this morning quoting the club "We will see how it settles in the next days 10 days". fills me with dread about an ACL reco.
If it was a Reco requirement it would have been said

But its not anyway, its legit just a sprained knee and with an interrupted pre season Rd 1 isnt an option

If it was a Reco requirement it would have been said

But its not anyway, its legit just a sprained knee and with an interrupted pre season Rd 1 isnt an option
I never stated it as a fact, just that I have an awful feeling about it.

like everyone else I am preying that’s it’s just a strain.

I have an awful feeling in the pit of my stomach about Lewis and his knee.

Reading the article this morning quoting the club "We will see how it settles in the next days 10 days". fills me with dread about an ACL reco.
I read nothing concerning in that article. It's more conjecture from Ralph than anything else.
I think your reading too much into it.

Let's face it the Hawthorn football club has a somewhat "chequered" history when it comes to reporting player injuries (who can forget the three year long epic tale of Grant Birchall's general soreness).

That's what I think posters on this forum are picking up on. To paraphrase Dennis Denuto it's about "The Vibe" of how this injury is being reported that is causing some in here to be concerned (me included).

If it's just a sprain I am wondering why they have ruled him out for the first couple of weeks already?

Face Egg GIF by The nutrition guru

Well didnt take long and not for the first time mitch just went all in with me wide open. Jeka trained forward. Kicked a couple of goals early. One a joe the goose and the second a contested mark against Scrimshaw. However after the first 5 minutes hardly sighted and his intensity just dropped off especially his second and defensive efforts

Ward played the first qtr and a half and dominated. Along side worpel and Finn. Ward then ran laps. While he was there the flow of the game was controlled by him.

Impey is back was best on ground and with Cj they made the intra really exciting.

Worps was excellent. Kicked a couple goals and was quite effective clearances tackling shepherding blocking. He has had an excellent consistent pre season.

Kosi was really good especially in the 2nd where he took a couple of really good marks on the lead converted one and created two others through a chase down on impey one of the few times he was caught.

Maginness was heavily involved early with Ward and worpel and kicked a fantastic goal on the run. His field kicking has also improved has been working hard on it. He then swapped jumpers to tag Amon who was having a good game. All part of Finns growth this summer. He is looking good. Morrison and Dimma the best field kicks out there.

All the ruckman got a go in the middle but meek and reeves did the majority with ramsden and lynch chopping out. Ramma knows how to ruck. He will be player in a pre season or two.

Let's face it the Hawthorn football club has a somewhat "chequered" history when it comes to reporting player injuries (who can forget the three year long epic tale of Grant Birchall's general soreness).

That's what I think posters on this forum are picking up on. To paraphrase Dennis Denuto it's about "The Vibe" of how this injury is being reported that is causing some in here to be concerned (me included).

If it's just a sprain I am wondering why they have ruled him out for the first couple of weeks already?
If it was a full rupture and reco they would have already ruled him out for the season.

Its an injury to a part of the body that when completely injured is a season out of action. The club is being cautious and want him to be back to 100%. He doesn't need to play round 1 which is in just over a month's time.

Well didnt take long and not for the first time mitch just went all in with me wide open. Jeka trained forward. Kicked a couple of goals early. One a joe the goose and the second a contested mark against Scrimshaw. However after the first 5 minutes hardly sighted and his intensity just dropped off especially his second and defensive efforts

Ward played the first qtr and a half and dominated. Along side worpel and Finn. Ward then ran laps. While he was there the flow of the game was controlled by him.

Impey is back was best on ground and with Cj they made the intra really exciting.

Worps was excellent. Kicked a couple goals and was quite effective clearances tackling shepherding blocking. He has had an excellent consistent pre season.

Kosi was really good especially in the 2nd where he took a couple of really good marks on the lead converted one and created two others through a chase down on impey one of the few times he was caught.

Maginness was heavily involved early with Ward and worpel and kicked a fantastic goal on the run. His field kicking has also improved has been working hard on it. He then swapped jumpers to tag Amon who was having a good game. All part of Finns growth this summer. He is looking good. Morrison and Dimma the best field kicks out there.

All the ruckman got a go in the middle but meek and reeves did the majority with ramsden and lynch chopping out. Ramma knows how to ruck. He will be player in a pre season or two.

How did Brockman go?

Very skeptical on the ACL strain, can't say I have ever heard that injury before. Hope I am wrong.

Can we use the extra list spot to look at replacing Lewis in the short term. Even with Lewis the key forward position stocks are Lewis and Kozi. Worth taking a punt on a VFL type player while Lewis is out.

Thanks for the report Mr Fourpillars , super excited to see if Finn can improve enough to be at Center bounces play his own game and tag too. His fitness level and brutish competitive desire would be welcome in the middle. Fingers crossed. Ward, Worpel, Newc, Nash and Finn rotating in the guts would be amaze balls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very skeptical on the ACL strain, can't say I have ever heard that injury before. Hope I am wrong.

Can we use the extra list spot to look at replacing Lewis in the short term. Even with Lewis the key forward position stocks are Lewis and Kozi. Worth taking a punt on a VFL type player while Lewis is out.

I guess we’re about to learn a lot about Koschitzke and Jeka this year.

The current timeline - which we have no reason to doubt except for paranoia around past injury updates from a previous era - is that he'll be back very early in the season. No reason to open a list spot.

Never heard of a strained ACL?

Thanks for the snippets...

Dont expect Kozi to clunk everything but pressure, contests & a target will do.

Midfield looks to be building - dying for some praccy matches

If I'm remembering correctly, news came out post 2022 that Dylan Moore finished the season with a partially torn ACL. May have to do some digging into the specifics of it to confirm that though.

Appreciate the report as always TheFourPillars.

Just for added context, how long did the match sim go for?
It sounds like it was a half or was it a full match?

Its pleasing that both Kosi and Jeka hit the scoreboard too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2022 - 2023 Off-Season and Pre-Season training Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back