List Mgmt. 2022 AFL Draft & Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm enjoying the build up this year. Genuinely interesting first night especially.

My best GuesSEN at this stage:

1. GWS Cadman
2. BL Ashcroft
3. NM Sheezel
4. NM Wardlaw
5. * Phillipou
6. GC Ginbey
7. Haw Tsatas
8. Gee Clark
9. WC McKenzie
10. StK Humphrey
11. Car Hollands - or Allen
12. WB Busslinger
13. WC Allen
14. BL Fletcher
15. Mel Jefferson
16. Syd Weddle
17. GWS Konstanty
18. Ade Michalanny
19. Coll Hayes
20. Syd Cowan
21. GWS George
22. Car Hotton
23. WC Hewett
24. * Davey
25. WB Clarke

I have a feeling we might trade:

Car to GWS: Pick 46, Pick 64, Future 1st
GWS to Car: Pick 19, Pick 31, Future 3rd

The finer details can be sorted of course. It might suit either Club to do 19, or 18 instead. And with the future 3rd coming back they have a potential lower one(theirs) and a higher one(Cats). So the Clubs can work it through.

It seems to be our goal to get into this area of the draft(19 and 31) and GWS seem keen to trade out 19 and our 46 and 64 suit them for points for Harry Rowston who probably goes early/mid 20's.

I think it is a deal that seems to suit both Clubs wants. And seems fair to me.

The finer details can be sorted of course. It might suit either Club to do 19, or 18 instead. And with the future 3rd coming back they have a potential lower one(theirs) and a higher one(Cats). So the Clubs can work it through.

It seems to be our goal to get into this area of the draft(19 and 31) and GWS seem keen to trade out 19 and our 46 and 64 suit them for points for Harry Rowston who probably goes early/mid 20's.

I think Sydney will have either of their 1sts on the table, as will the Giants.
I think there' a good chance we'd be happy to trade our F1, but that would be more complicated to trade for Giant's first pick of the 2nd round, even if it's for the same player. We suddenly will have only used 1 first in 3 years with no 1st in year 4.

I'm enjoying the build up this year. Genuinely interesting first night especially.

My best GuesSEN at this stage:

1. GWS Cadman
2. BL Ashcroft
3. NM Sheezel
4. NM Wardlaw
5. * Phillipou
6. GC Ginbey
7. Haw Tsatas
8. Gee Clark
9. WC McKenzie
10. StK Humphrey
11. Car Hollands - or Allen
12. WB Busslinger
13. WC Allen
14. BL Fletcher
15. Mel Jefferson
16. Syd Weddle
17. GWS Konstanty
18. Ade Michalanny
19. Coll Hayes
20. Syd Cowan
21. GWS George
22. Car Hotton
23. WC Hewett
24. * Davey
25. WB Clarke

Suspect West Coast would take Busslinger before Mckenzie and Saints likely to take Mckenzie.

Time for a new poll - let's look at the results.

1669266793734.png

George the clear fan favourite here with some interest in Jones, Weddle, Gruzewski.

I went with Jones who I have ranked clearly the highest of the bunch, though I'd be happy with most.

Jones
Van Es
Weddle
Ryan
George
Clarke
Burgiel

All of them sit inside my top 30 with Cowan just outside of it.

Next poll up soon focusing on the later picks.

I think Sydney will have either of their 1sts on the table, as will the Giants.
I think there' a good chance we'd be happy to trade our F1, but that would be more complicated to trade for Giant's first pick of the 2nd round, even if it's for the same player. We suddenly will have only used 1 first in 3 years with no 1st in year 4.

Yeah. That's why i said it could be either 19 or 18. Whichever suits both Clubs. To me, it seems that it might suit both Clubs better to be Pick 18 swapped. But it seems to be raised in the media that it is 19 up for grabs.

To me it sounds eminently doable for both Clubs to sort out though. I think everything suits.

Suspect West Coast would take Busslinger before Mckenzie and Saints likely to take Mckenzie.

I certainly hope this happens, but i personally don't think WC take Busslinger.

If they did, and we had the choice of Humphrey, Hollands and Allan, i think that's the dream result for us. Couldn't lose and a genuine choice between 3 guys we could really do with.

If they did, and we had the choice of Humphrey, Hollands and Allan, i think that's the dream result for us. Couldn't lose and a genuine choice between 3 guys we could really do with.
You'd either take Humphrey, or trade down. I'll be surprised if he lasts to our pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am fairly certain they will select one of the WA boys, looks like Ginbey who was their 1st choice will go to Gold Coast, pretty sure they will not be looking at Mckenzie and would go either Busslinger or Allan.

In.

12. OLIVER HOLLANDS

Position:
Midfielder

Size: 183cm, 71kg

Clubs: Murray Bushrangers/Wodonga/Vic Country

AFL player comparison: Andrew Brayshaw

Arguably the hardest working and best two-way on-baller of the class, Hollands applies great pressure yet has the versatility to push forward if needed. He has the ability to win contested possessions but is also classy by hand and foot, while his composure in traffic means he doesn’t panic and makes every disposal count. He averaged 24 disposals (at 75% efficiency) throughout the national championships for Vic Country to earn All-Australian honours, highlighted by his game against WA that saw him rack up 33 disposals, 11 contested possessions and six score involvements. Hollands, the brother of Elijah Hollands who was taken by the Suns with Pick 7 in the 2020 draft and the son of Ben Hollands who played eight games for Richmond, was also the joint winner of the 2km time trial at the draft combine. Most rival clubs are linking Hollands to Carlton’s first pick, although Sydney also has interest in him and would be tempted to trade up the order for him. If the Blues bypass him and the Swans stay where they are in the first round order, the Western Bulldogs will have a look.

Hollands = Andrew Brayshaw.

I like that comparison.

Gee the media phantoms are all over the shop past pick 5 or 6 this year... Very interesting.

Cal hasn't done his yet, once he does his the other mocks will update to be similar.

I have no idea what he does or how he does it, but his mail is absolutely top tier compared to the every other journo when it comes to this time of year. Consistently gets it right or at least very, very close. Look up his final mock of any year and his top 10 is pretty bang on nearly every time, especially before live trading was a thing.

Also for the -2 people that care about my opinion, my dream (but unlikely scenario) is that we trade up for 3 or 4 and get Sheezel. He's exactly what we need off our half-forward line. Kicks goals, elite disposal, incredible footy IQ, absolutely love this kid. Hate to see him waste away at Norf.

Andrew Brayshaw my Armpit. He’s more LOB than Brayshaw. These media experts pump the tyres on everyone.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2022 AFL Draft & Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back