Teams 2022 Fantasy - Rate my Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep but with covid i think throwing a lot of that is to risky or this is to risky needs to be thrown out since you could be missing the whole ruck line for 2 weeks if the world decides to be cruel.

If a season was poised to be the one in which you take risks it would be this one.

Edit: do we know if the players who miss will be given avg or will it be carnage ?
If it’s not averages there won’t be much point IMO. If it’s only a couple of players on a team fair enough but if half of multiple teams get wiped then it’s going to be horrific

Yep 100%, but I think the risk on Witt’s outweighs the reward on him. Sure he will likely make cash but I don’t think he goes 90+ like he has done previously. Coming off a knee, actually has a second ruck playing in the team with him now, hard ruck opponents to kick off the season. I would even argue he has durability question marks. People forget that in his last full season he was playing injured majority of the year and didn’t score great as a result. Averaged 80. A lot going against him and I think his cheap price tag is sucking a lot in
WW face journey .gif

The one thing that does draw me into grabbing Witts is I’m struggling to find a mid I like for a similar price. My team just looks heaps deeper with him there.

I think ultimately need to wait to see teams to see what rookies are actually going to play. If there are enough good ones it’s going to be Gawndy for me

Yep 100%, but I think the risk on Witt’s outweighs the reward on him. Sure he will likely make cash but I don’t think he goes 90+ like he has done previously. Coming off a knee, actually has a second ruck playing in the team with him now, hard ruck opponents to kick off the season. I would even argue he has durability question marks. People forget that in his last full season he was playing injured majority of the year and didn’t score great as a result. Averaged 80. A lot going against him and I think his cheap price tag is sucking a lot in

He's also 30 end of September this year, coming off a major injury, and has a really tough draw - it's been enough to remove him from my side for good with me constantly switching between Draper and Darcy for R2

The one thing that does draw me into grabbing Witts is I’m struggling to find a mid I like for a similar price. My team just looks heaps deeper with him there.

I think ultimately need to wait to see teams to see what rookies are actually going to play. If there are enough good ones it’s going to be Gawndy for me
Is there a $572K player that'll score more than Witts ? .....I'm substituting a premo for a Mid-Price player in Witts

Only possibility is Milera for a DEF priced premo .....thus allowing Witts to a premo Ruck ....but can Milera score 85-90 ave, Witts will provide

Haven't the confidence in Gresham .....who's a mid 70 ave player at best

Is there a $572K player that'll score more than Witts ? .....I'm substituting a premo for a Mid-Price player in Witts

Only possibility is Milera for a DEF priced premo .....thus allowing Witts to a premo Ruck ....but can Milera score 85-90 ave, Witts will provide

Haven't the confidence in Gresham .....who's a mid 70 ave player at best

If Matt Crouch gets up for Round 1, he's only 77K more - so he's my go to if I want Darcy. Otherwise I'm backing in Draper and Walsh at the moment

If Matt Crouch gets up for Round 1, he's only 77K more - so he's my go to if I want Darcy. Otherwise I'm backing in Draper and Walsh at the moment
Correct ..... OR ..ATM with Witts , it allows me to have Crouch at M6 as well

Looking at how Yeo and Berry came back from their groin issues, I don't think hes a good pick.

ted-lasso-afc-richmond.gif

So who's going to be the Isaac Cumming of 2022?

That dodgy cheap campaigner you don't like but are forced to pick due to the lack of field worthy options, then can never seem to get rid of due to injuries, then eventually goes on to pump out 100's while you sit back stroking your chin thinking what an astute pick and hold it was.

That guy, I want that guy this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So who's going to be the Isaac Cumming of 2022?

That dodgy cheap campaigner you don't like but are forced to pick due to the lack of field worthy options, then can never seem to get rid of due to injuries, then eventually goes on to pump out 100's while you sit back stroking your chin thinking what an astute pick and hold it was.

That guy, I want that guy this year.

Could Rioli be the one? Assume he’s down back to take Houli’s role who always scored well.

Few decent 80s + to end the year in that role but it just feels so wrong even considering it.

Could Rioli be the one? Assume he’s down back to take Houli’s role who always scored well.

Few decent 80s + to end the year in that role but it just feels so wrong even considering it.
He's on my watch list but not overly keen.. would have liked him a little cheaper. Also we're not that fantasy friendly

Could be a watch on Short, have a sneaking suspicion he could push up to a wing this year. If that's the case and Rioli is locked in the Houli role he does become a little attractive

He's on my watch list but not overly keen.. would have liked him a little cheaper. Also we're not that fantasy friendly

Could be a watch on Short, have a sneaking suspicion he could push up to a wing this year. If that's the case and Rioli is locked in the Houli role he does become a little attractive
Rioli been impressive in training at the HB role again apparently

Chol has been getting his ass handed to by Witts in pre-season apparently and there is a chance Chol doesn't line up in round 1

Luko Day King up forward

Thompson's Ballard Collins down back

Witts in the ruck

Chol has been getting his ass handed to by Witts in pre-season apparently and there is a chance Chol doesn't line up in round 1

Luko Day King up forward

Witts in the ruck
I wouldn’t be surprised. Chol has 0 competitiveness. Does some freaky things that look good on a highlights tape, but really don’t rate the bloke. That being said, GC chased him hard on a 4 year deal I believe so would expect him to play most weeks

Luko Day King up forward

Witts in the ruck
Chol is a rubbish player with an elite highlight reel. Witts will sole ruck most of the year

I wouldn’t be surprised. Chol has 0 competitiveness. Does some freaky things that look good on a highlights tape, but really don’t rate the bloke. That being said, GC chased him hard on a 4 year deal I believe so would expect him to play most weeks
Will be interesting to see how he fits into the team there is talk about playing him down back

Going to be interesting see what happens

Chol is a rubbish player with an elite highlight reel. Witts will sole ruck most of the year
I think Witts does the majority, but while Chol is there he will do some. That being said, Witts doesn’t have a secondary position so it’s really ruck or nothing, where we know Chol can play forward. I’m still set and forget though. Grundy and Darcy. Every season I burn unnecessary trades at R2 due to starting someone seemingly “under priced” at R2 and always pay the price

They signed Atkins to a 4 year deal with a trigger for a 5th on decent money, they literally have no idea what they’re doing!

They signed Atkins to a 4 year deal with a trigger for a 5th on decent money, they literally have no idea what they’re doing!
Haha well that is definitely true. Traded Pick 2 (Andrew Brayshaw) for Lachie Weller. They’ll pretty much sign whoever wants to go there. Meanwhile let a gun like Lyons slip out of their organisation, and then Hugh Greenwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back