Teams 2022 Fantasy - Rate my Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely you just spend it and then make trades for the players you require even if it meant trading a premo or 2 out...

Possibly...but I do find the idea interesting, as it usually takes a couple of rounds to see what the 'defined' roles are - and then fix your mistakes accordingly.

Rather than say having someone like Ridley at D3, I place Hewett (could be anyone in that range or even cheaper), and then upgrade to Ridley, Short, Stewart, Lloyd, Hall etc. Same with up forward. Maybe Weller doesn't get the role that we thought he would. Maybe Dusty plays too much forward, or Thomas does. Maybe Macrae is affected by Dunkley and Treloar playing more minutes. Maybe Titch is thrown forward in order to make room for the new brigade - it's all making your best 'guess' during PS, then hoping it works out come Round 1.

I like the idea of figuring out who the 'Rolling 22' are, and then upgrading to each one accordingly - rather than trading premos in and out who I'm not entirely convinced of. Won't be my 'real' team - but it's definitely something I'm considering for my alt. side, as I always want to 'restart' my team in Round 2 anyway, haha

Possibly...but I do find the idea interesting, as it usually takes a couple of rounds to see what the 'defined' roles are - and then fix your mistakes accordingly.

Rather than say having someone like Ridley at D3, I place Hewett (could be anyone in that range or even cheaper), and then upgrade to Ridley, Short, Stewart, Lloyd, Hall etc. Same with up forward. Maybe Weller doesn't get the role that we thought he would. Maybe Dusty plays too much forward, or Thomas does. Maybe Macrae is affected by Dunkley and Treloar playing more minutes. Maybe Titch is thrown forward in order to make room for the new brigade - it's all making your best 'guess' during PS, then hoping it works out come Round 1.

I like the idea of figuring out who the 'Rolling 22' are, and then upgrading to each one accordingly - rather than trading premos in and out who I'm not entirely convinced of. Won't be my 'real' team - but it's definitely something I'm considering for my alt. side, as I always want to 'restart' my team in Round 2 anyway, haha

I get the concept, but the concern would be - what if you miss on a critical rookie that flies under the radar. And you need to fix that early.

Then what if injury strikes ??

It's a real risky plan - just look at last year. Witts, Rowell, Danger, Dunkley etc in the first few weeks off the top of my head.

I carried Sharp as a non playing M10 until the byes last year as I had two urgent trades to make each week....

I get the concept, but the concern would be - what if you miss on a critical rookie that flies under the radar. And you need to fix that early.

It's a real risky plan - just look at last year. Witts, Rowell, Danger, Dunkley etc in the first few weeks off the top of my head.

I carried Sharp as a non playing M10 until the byes last year as I had two urgent trades to make each week....

Oh definitely - hence why it's only something I'm considering for my alt. side, haha

and the crazy coaches putting their best mids in the fwd line.

Caldwell and Heeney now making appearances in my squad after listening to the latest plus six podcast; Outs W Phillips & Degoey.

The Phillips pick is one I'm considering. He doing well?
Been among our best in all of our match sims and our intra club. Looks like he'll be on ball and have a high CBA but perhaps a slightly lower on ground percentage.

For me he's a must have at his price.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Where is my spare 110k best spent ?

16/22 in common with my current starting side so I obviously rate it haha.

Only thing I can think of is dump Sinn down to a basement rookie to give yourself ~$190K in the bank then use that to upgrade someone (though no one jumps out as desperate to upgrade. Maybe Crouch but we've had enough chat about him on the board this week already lol).

16/22 in common with my current starting side so I obviously rate it haha.

Only thing I can think of is dump Sinn down to a basement rookie to give yourself ~$190K in the bank then use that to upgrade someone (though no one jumps out as desperate to upgrade. Maybe Crouch but we've had enough chat about him on the board this week already lol).
Almost did that the other day, but there are no 190k defenders that I would trust on field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well this is the most fun team I've made yet 😍 :

DEF: Whitfield, Dawson, Sicily, Milera, Sinn, O'Driscoll (Hamling, Dean)

MID: Steele, Neale, Danger, Serong, M. Crouch, Caldwell, Rowell, N. Daicos (Mead, G. Clark)

RUC: Grundy, Draper (Comben)

FWD: Duncan, Dunkley, Cogs, Weller, Heeney, L. Henry (S. De Koning, Hollands)

UTL: (C. Parker)

Weller to Rayner and Sinn to Hewett if I want to strengthen defence

Last edited:
Feb 18th Edition:

DEF: Lloyd, Short, Dawson, Sicily, Milera, Dean, Hamling/Skinner

MID: Steele, Titch, Neale, Serong, Rowell, N. Daicos, JHF, Ward McInnes/Clark

RUC: Grundy, ROB (Hayes)

FWD: Dunkley, Thomas, Butters, Heeney, D.Rioli, Pedlar Comben/W.Kelly

UTL: E.Smith

Feels reasonably generic but OK with it for now.

We are still only in the pre season with unlimited trades and i am still struggling to field a team, you would have to be a clown to willingly spend free time playing this game.

Me :

Happy Joaquin Phoenix GIF

It felt so easy making a team at the start of this pre season with our extra cap space. Now somehow it seems harder than previous years to get a team I'm actually happy with

There is too many options I reckon. Changed my team and structure 100 times and I’ll be so trigger happy till round 1.

Eg. Witt’s back in lol how I have $200k for something else

It felt so easy making a team at the start of this pre season with our extra cap space. Now somehow it seems harder than previous years to get a team I'm actually happy with
Like a kid in a candy store - money to burn, but too many choices to get everything they want 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back