Teams 2022 Fantasy - Rate my Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After all the carnage and indecision that followed, gonna see if I can leave this until the practice matches start...not bloody likely I'd imagine 😂

DEF: Whitfield, Dawson, Hewett, Sicily, Milera, Chesser (Hamling, Dean)

MID: Steele, Neale, Danger, Serong, M. Crouch, Rowell, N. Daicos, J. Ward (C. Stephens, O'Driscoll)

RUC: Grundy, Witts (Comben)

FWD: Dunkley, Cogs, Weller, Heeney, Butters, Ralphsmith (SDK, C. Parker)

INT: Hollands

Last edited:
After all the carnage and indecision that followed, gonna see if I can leave this until the practice matches start...not bloody likely I'd imagine 😂

DEF: Whitfield, Dawson, Hewett, Sicily, Milera, Chesser (Hamling, Dean)

MID: Steele, Neale, Danger, Serong, M. Crouch, Rowell, N. Daicos, J. Ward (C. Stephens, O'Driscoll)

RUC: Grundy, Witts (Comben)

FWD: Dunkley, Cogs, Weller, Heeney, Butters, Ralphsmith (SDK, C. Parker)

INT: Hollands
Just my personal take, but WAAAAYYYY to many risks

Neale, Danger, Crouch, Cogs, Weller, Heeney and Butters all need to be top 6/8 in their position to validate the price you are paying, and I can't see them paying off.

Personally I would downgrade one of Cogs, Heeney, Weller to a Rayner/Ralphsmith/Coleman/Henry type and then put the cash on top of Danger or Neale and get Titch or McCrae.

I think there will be a few rookies available this year so you could also (or either) downgrade Hewitt. I'm not that big on Hewitt this year as I think he will avg around 80 and you will be stuck with him for way too long!!

Just my personal take, but WAAAAYYYY to many risks

Neale, Danger, Cogs, Weller, Heeney and Butters all need to be top 6/8 in their position

Not really. Only need to be in the Top 12 up forward and Top 20 in the mids, IMO. It's a bit of a misnomer that you need to have every single player be in the Top 22 on field, in order to have a good season. More about starting well, trading well, and then picking the eyes out of premos/midpricers/rooks when they come along. Even those who win the whole thing, never end up with more than 2/3rds of the top highest scorers.

The way I see it, is if Danger ends up in the Top 20 mids (Neale is now looking like he'll be out based on the latest news), and Cogs, Butters, Heeney and Weller end up in the Top 8-12 fwds, then I'd be happy with that - if they have half decent seasons.

To each their own of course, but that whole 'keepers' argument is just not one I've ever really subscribed to

Not really. Only need to be in the Top 12 up forward and Top 20 in the mids, IMO. It's a bit of a misnomer that you need to have every single player be in the Top 22 on field, in order to have a good season. More about starting well, trading well, and then picking the eyes out of premos/midpricers/rooks when they come along. Even those who win the whole thing, never end up with more than 2/3rds of the top highest scorers.

The way I see it, is if Danger ends up in the Top 20 mids (Neale is now looking like he'll be out based on the latest news), Butters, Heeney and Weller end up in the Top 8-12 fwds, then I'd be happy with that - if they have half decent seasons.

To each their own of course, but that whole 'keepers' argument is just not one I've ever really subscribed to
Fair enough, I 100% get where you're coming from.

For me it seems that every year I get stuck with 1/2/3 mid pricers that go up 150k and I upgrade around them.

BTW, the 21st mid last year was only averaging 101. Again that's a price that you would keep way too long.

I'm keen on Butters and Heeney is a big watch, just scared that he kicks a few one game and then stays fwd!!

Fair enough, I 100% get where you're coming from.

For me it seems that every year I get stuck with 1/2/3 mid pricers that go up 150k and I upgrade around them.

BTW, the 21st mid last year was only averaging 101. Again that's a price that you would keep way too long.

I'm keen on Butters and Heeney is a big watch, just scared that he kicks a few one game and then stays fwd!!
Not buying the Heeney hype.. seen this movie way too many times. Butters by a margin

The way I see it, is if Danger ends up in the Top 20 mids (Neale is now looking like he'll be out based on the latest news), and Cogs, Butters, Heeney and Weller end up in the Top 8-12 fwds, then I'd be happy with that - if they have half decent seasons.

Certainly not with 49 trades or whatever we have. While it's nice to have a certain number of 'keepers' you don't trade out, you have more than enough trades to trade every player in your team if the need arises. It's about balancing stability with cash generation.

I would say I have 10, potentially 11 keepers in my side if you include one of Heeney or Butters on a coin toss. And that's also not including Crouch. I could get more by selecting another rookie over say Jye Caldwell, but would I generate more or less cash from a premium and a rookie versus (for example, Caldwell and Sicily) and would I have more or less of a headache at selection?

View attachment 1331628

My current team, pretty happy.

Obviously there are a few place holders on the bench.
Also haven't ruled out Draper
Elija Hollands is injured and looks like there will be slim pickings in the forward line. I'd be prepared to drop Crisp or Lloyd and pick up one of Treloar/DeGoey in the forward line to enable you to move o'Driscoll onto the field and bin Hollands. You'd be left with a little bit of a cash as well which you could use to either upgrade Reef McInness to JHF or Raphsmith to Phillips/Curnow. Or just hold the cash for the season.

My wife's just signed up and is doing her first draft. :D

"Who's Touk Miller? He's worth a lot"

Just wants to fill her side with Swans players, bless.

Elija Hollands is injured and looks like there will be slim pickings in the forward line. I'd be prepared to drop Crisp or Lloyd and pick up one of Treloar/DeGoey in the forward line to enable you to move o'Driscoll onto the field and bin Hollands. You'd be left with a little bit of a cash as well which you could use to either upgrade Reef McInness to JHF or Raphsmith to Phillips/Curnow. Or just hold the cash for the season.
Cheers.
I had heard the rumour about Hollands......I still have $209K in the bank with this team so room to even bring in JHF and then replace Hollands with a mid/fwd or def/fwd rookie

Ri-jig number... ahh, who am I kidding, I have no idea.

Think I've settled on my structure -
Backline: all value for anyone above $500k, with Milera as a safe 70-80 plus Kemp as a rook with solid JS.
Midfield: Built upon two top end guns with three under priced options who have all been top tier mids in their day. If things go well then Jelly, Neale and Crouch all possible 100-105 types, which will boost my scoring output early. Last three spots taken by top end rooks with the best JS/scoring combo. I made a conscious decision to avoid 'breakout' types on this line.
Ruck: Grundy and Preuss - if Preuss plays he scores well. I am just choosing to believe that he does play...
Forward: More value on this line - Dunks under priced, Thomas, Heeney, Weller (or Butters) all with fantasy friendly roles, WillPhill looking to improve upon a difficult first year and King Charles can do anything... or nothing.
Bench rooks all under $220k and largely interchangeable.

$180 odd in the bank to be used for team changes ahead of Round 1.

1645441469622.png

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caldwell to M. Crouch/Serong? Ward or JHF to Rowell?

Burned too much with Serong last season, not sure I'm ready to love again!

Could do Ward to Rowell, but similar with him, started him R1 and his injury ****ed me.

If those are the best suggestions (and they are good!) I'm tempted to hold the money in reserve for any R1 injuries.

190k in the bank is very easily sold on Gresham up to Heeney. Or Witts up to Rob/Marshall.

I'm also not a fan of Caldwell at M4.

Yeah I'm considering a Witts upgrade to ROB.

Caldwell is definitely the weak link though.

Slight reshuffle due to lack of forward rookies
(Lloyd and Duncan sacrificed for Tucker and Treloar)

View attachment 1331862

Only 4 rookies on field. Not sold on Tucker at D3
$120k in bank
Neale forward line talks worry me, could put the $120k on his head and get an uber like Kelly.

Alternatively, is there enough cash if you go Rayner down to Phillips/Curnow to allow you to go Witts up to ROB/Marshall?

Not yet convinced on Hewett (midfield doesn’t automatically equal more points)
Pre season watch

Mmm, I think when he's been given the chance to be an offensive mid, he's shown he has the ability to rack it up a fair bit. Averaged 98 in his last 3, when given that chance late last year:

1645491834845.png

Ri-jig number... ahh, who am I kidding, I have no idea.

Think I've settled on my structure -
Backline: all value for anyone above $500k, with Milera as a safe 70-80 plus Kemp as a rook with solid JS.
Midfield: Built upon two top end guns with three under priced options who have all been top tier mids in their day. If things go well then Jelly, Neale and Crouch all possible 100-105 types, which will boost my scoring output early. Last three spots taken by top end rooks with the best JS/scoring combo. I made a conscious decision to avoid 'breakout' types on this line.
Ruck: Grundy and Preuss - if Preuss plays he scores well. I am just choosing to believe that he does play...
Forward: More value on this line - Dunks under priced, Thomas, Heeney, Weller (or Butters) all with fantasy friendly roles, WillPhill looking to improve upon a difficult first year and King Charles can do anything... or nothing.
Bench rooks all under $220k and largely interchangeable.

$180 odd in the bank to be used for team changes ahead of Round 1.

View attachment 1331754
Team is quite a lot similar to mine although some slight changes i'd recommend - youre going with the R2 Roulette, which is fine and ultimately a strategic choice that I wont comment on although I'm not doing it myself. Outside of R2, i see a couple of holes in this side, primarily F2 and D2. I'd be tempted to use the 180k to grab a top six guy in either line, or potentially both. While I see the upside in each of Dawson, Thomas and Weller, i'd be tempted to move one or two of them on for slightly more guaranteed options. Lloyd/Short in defence have upside while also being guaranteed Top 6 whereas Treloar/DeGoey are the same in the forward line. I'd like the side a whole lot more with those spots shorn up.

Alternatively, you could back your selections in at that spot and grab a cheeky uber at M4. Would be a very scary midfield from R1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back