Teams 2022 Fantasy - Rate my Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
9c64a91275c47d129102a2a5106e188a.jpg

Pretty happy with how that looks, spent up on the bench to get erasmus because I can’t decide if I prefer him or horne and he’s probably gonna get forward status by round 6 so it’ll be nice to be one step ahead

Last year i told myself that I would set and forget after another year derailed because of my R2 spot so I’m gonna stick to my guns and go with gawndy, think there’s a possibility that Darcy could become the second highest scoring ruck but even if gawn drops to third happy to just not have to worry about them until the byes.

De goey and crouch are my only concerns but if both named round 1 then it’s a no brainer for me, de goey is the most selfish prick in the industry and with this being his contract year and possibly even his afl career on the line, you can expect him to have a career best year.

9c64a91275c47d129102a2a5106e188a.jpg

Pretty happy with how that looks, spent up on the bench to get erasmus because I can’t decide if I prefer him or horne and he’s probably gonna get forward status by round 6 so it’ll be nice to be one step ahead

Last year i told myself that I would set and forget after another year derailed because of my R2 spot so I’m gonna stick to my guns and go with gawndy, think there’s a possibility that Darcy could become the second highest scoring ruck but even if gawn drops to third happy to just not have to worry about them until the byes.

De goey and crouch are my only concerns but if both named round 1 then it’s a no brainer for me, de goey is the most selfish prick in the industry and with this being his contract year and possibly even his afl career on the line, you can expect him to have a career best year.
Don't think Milera gets enough of the ball to be a great early Fantasy pick

FREO play 5 of the first 8 games at home, making Darcy an interesting proposition at R2

Don't think Milera gets enough of the ball to be a great early Fantasy pick

FREO play 5 of the first 8 games at home, making Darcy an interesting proposition at R2

Yeah I was a bit iffy on milera don’t know much about him but was sort of just going with the pack there, i like bowey for the same price just needs to be starting round 1 and I can swap them over

Yeah darcy is an interesting one, I think he’s definitely capable of 105 but I really don’t like the fact he hobbles off every second game making you sweat until teams have been named lol. My other concern with him is that freo rate meek really highly so with taberner and lobb out injured so much maybe they play him as a forward/ruck.

Yeah I was a bit iffy on milera don’t know much about him but was sort of just going with the pack there, i like bowey for the same price just needs to be starting round 1 and I can swap them over

Yeah darcy is an interesting one, I think he’s definitely capable of 105 but I really don’t like the fact he hobbles off every second game making you sweat until teams have been named lol. My other concern with him is that freo rate meek really highly so with taberner and lobb out injured so much maybe they play him as a forward/ruck.
Yes, Darcy's scoring does get impacted by Meek's inclusion .....but not sure FREO will want two lumbering ruckmen in the side concurrently too often .....games getting quicker

Darcy still played 21 or 22 games last season .....hobbling at times, which makes his scoring all the more impressive

Yes, Darcy's scoring does get impacted by Meek's inclusion .....but not sure FREO will want two lumbering ruckmen in the side concurrently too often .....games getting quicker

Darcy still played 21 or 22 games last season .....hobbling at times, which makes his scoring all the more impressive

Yeah I do tend to agree with that they didn’t look great when playing together, but then again that doesn’t mean they won’t persist with it definitely a pre season watch. I’d be more tempted to roll the dice on darcy if he was a different bye round but given freos bye round is the same as melb and pies then I don’t quite see enough reward for the risk. Definitely could see him out averaging gawn by 5 points this year but the fact gawns only at 17% ownership means he’s a bit of a POD which would be the first time in years he’s been under 30% so I can’t knock that back.

Personally I think Meek only played those games late because Fremantle felt like Darcy could go down at any time and couldn’t complete the whole game in the ruck given his knee. If he has a good pre season I reckon he rucks solo next year with the odd chop out
You would be correct (IMO) Darcy was running about 70% rat power the last month (at least). Will be solo ruck i think at least initially unless Meek can actually learn to catch up foward which seems unlikely

Yeah I do tend to agree with that they didn’t look great when playing together, but then again that doesn’t mean they won’t persist with it definitely a pre season watch.
FREO had a lot of injuries to their KPF's last year ....Lobb, Tavener, and even Cox, really inconsistent and injury affected seasons

I'm going Gawn / Witts early .....and then see how the cards fall for an upgrade

Set & forget Rucks are not as critical in Fantasy ....IMHO

Just thinking about Darcy, if I drop back to Witts, that frees up the coin to run Preuss at R3. Hmmm
Having Hayes or Comben at R3 ....both who should play and represent better value than Preuss ....$367K versus $190K

Port also have the R12 Bye and Witts R13 .....so that helps too

Keep an eye on Tom De Koning .....he's a very good player in the making too

Having Hayes or Comben at R3 ....both who should play and represent better value than Preuss ....$367K versus $190K

Port also have the R12 Bye and Witts R13 .....so that helps too

Keep an eye on Tom De Koning .....he's a very good player in the making too
Fair. As long as we get a cheapie R3 that will play. Guess we can use that spot for loophole. That said, I want as many green dots as I can get this year with Covid likely to see players miss

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are people still putting M Crouch in their teams? The coach has all but ruled him out of Round 1.

Hello all btw, new member. Can't wait for the season to start!
Has he ? ......Crouch is in full training now, 3 months up his sleeve ......it'll just depend on any setbacks, which was raised in a recent presser ....there's a quiet optimism

Welcome aboard Calebs ....you'll enjoy the excellent info from highly ranked players, combined with witt and laughs on this board ;)

Has he ? ......Crouch is in full training now, 3 months up his sleeve ......it'll just depend on any setbacks, which was raised in a recent presser ....there's a quiet optimism

Welcome aboard Calebs ....you'll enjoy the excellent info from highly ranked players, combined with witt and laughs on this board ;)

Cheers mate! I have lurked on here for a couple of seasons.

Regarding Crouch, Nicks said “But it’s a long road back and I’ll make sure that he has the messaging that there’s no rush for him to return.” .. So i'm taking that as we aren't going to rush you back for round 1 unless he's absolutely cherry ripe. If he plays round 1 then he will be one of the most selected players I would say.

Regarding Crouch, Nicks said “But it’s a long road back and I’ll make sure that he has the messaging that there’s no rush for him to return.” .. So i'm taking that as we aren't going to rush you back for round 1 unless he's absolutely cherry ripe. If he plays round 1 then he will be one of the most selected players I would say.
The club as tried to rush him back twice last season ....my interpretation is the club is trying to temper both supporters and Crouch's expectations

I'm sitting in the optimistic camp currently .....the last operation reportedly successful ....but we'll have a good indication by mid FEB after training intensity increases

V 2.0:

1640915681393.png

It's been a toss up between Yeo and Crouch for a while, but the news that Crouch is no certainty and Yeo's insanely easy draw to start the season, pushes him over the line for me. Also between Titch, Macrae and Wines for M2, but Titch gets the nod right now due to his 130+ finish to the season last year in the second half. This could definitely change though come JLT.

Heeney (rumoured mid time of 70-30 split confirmed by Horse as what they're aiming for so probably gonna get fooled again but sits at F4 for the meantime and could become Dusty, Cogs, Treloar etc.), Milera, W. Rioli and all rooks bar Daicos all placeholders for now - everyone else is locked in until pre-season. 11K remaining

Last edited:
V 2.0:

View attachment 1303833

It's been a toss up between Yeo and Crouch for a while, but the news that Crouch is no certainty and Yeo's insanely easy draw to start the season, pushes him over the line for me. Also between Titch, Macrae and Wines for M2, but Titch gets the nod right now due to his 130+ finish to the season last year in the second half. This could definitely change though come JLT.

Heeney (rumoured mid time of 70-30 split confirmed by Horse as what they're aiming for so probably gonna get fooled again but sits at F4 for the meantime), Milera, W. Rioli and all rooks bar Daicos all placeholders for now - everyone else is locked in until pre-season. 1K remaining
You should just open the Horses Ass thread now and nominate Horse in advance.

Hey guys nice to be back. Need something to look forward too. Whats everyones thinking on taranto. Is he worth the risk. Have a feeling cameron gonna swap him and cogs on a whim all year. Otherwise he would look soo good as a forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back