No Oppo Supporters 2022 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Less than 4 weeks until the first game and still no official 2022 Swans clothing in the Swans Online Store. Same story every year. Bloody hopeless.

Am I right in saying that the culture around Rugby League and Union, didn't involve becoming members of the club you followed? I know growing up and supporting (and playing for) certain League and Union clubs, that there was never a thought of becoming a member.
Yep, membership in League was never a huge thing. Supporters were more likely to be a member of the Leagues club because of discounts on food and drink than actually being a membership of the League team.

If we don’t get bent over by heeney could we have a crack at Bailey smith or butters

That’s your opinion

You had Florentine wining multiple browlows only a year ago amd saying he will be a grade

The Brownlow thing was some hysteria done in jest. I did think he'd be an A-grader though, and while I think that's not likely to happen now, it's not impossible. But I don't think we had the depth of young talent on our list then that we do now. It was easy to see Florent as one of the best of the lot and therefore one who could easily become an A-grader.

Now I think you could file at least 10 players under that category in terms of their potential, and that's not even including the as-yet-unproven guys like Campbell, McDonald, Stephens etc. So we've given ourselves every chance of having quite a few A-graders. But as you say that is just my opinion.

If we don’t get bent over by heeney could we have a crack at Bailey smith or butters
As much as I think those two players are stars, a KPD would add a lot more to our list than more mids to fight for positions.
And maybe you can't have enough good mids, but you can definitely have too little defenders, and that's where we are atm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last week I re-watched our game against Geelong at the SCG and I was pleasantly surprised by Florent. After all the bagging I see in here it was good to be reminded of just how good he can be.
Nothing wrong with him. No superstar but he is a solid footballer who has a nose for the footy. Has a nose for the footy for one reason and that is because he runs his arse off. Cops it for his kicking but I’ve seen worse kicks than him play 300 games.

Nothing wrong with him. No superstar but he is a solid footballer who has a nose for the footy. Has a nose for the footy for one reason and that is because he runs his arse off. Cops it for his kicking but I’ve seen worse kicks than him play 300 games.

Yep, will never be a superstar but he could easily be a 200 gamer, probably a 250 gamer.

I’m not a massive fan but hate I don’t. Being a bit extreme
Hate is the wrong word about our players , not everyone likes every player . I didn't like the way Macca played at times and it was perceived as hate , which it wasn't , he a champion of the club .
Hate is St Scum, the Filth , GWS etc

I think North are in for a long year. Dees kicked 20 goals against them and didn't even work up a sweat.

The Blues Saints game was incredibly scrappy. I know it is a trial match but neither side looked anywhere near AFL level disposal wise. Almost playing kick to kick. I hope we look far better than these two sides.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Based on all the information from last season + this preseason game, Norf is going to be in for a long season. Looks like this is gonna be a long term plan, but at some point they have to be going somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back