Not open for further replies.
B: Smith - Grundy - Rampe
HB: Malceski - Richards - McVeigh
C: Jetta - Kennedy - Hannebery
HF: Jack - Franklin - Goodes
F: Heeney - Tippett - Papley
R: Mumford - Parker - Mitchell
INT: Mills - Shaw - O'Keefe - Lloyd

Last spot was tough, went with Lloyd for longevity. Wanted to put Mattner but he only played half a season after 2012.

B: Smith - Grundy - Rampe
HB: Malceski - Richards - McVeigh
C: Jetta - Kennedy - Hannebery
HF: Jack - Franklin - Goodes
F: Heeney - Tippett - Papley
R: Mumford - Parker - Mitchell
INT: Mills - Shaw - O'Keefe - Lloyd

Last spot was tough, went with Lloyd for longevity. Wanted to put Mattner but he only played half a season after 2012.

Mitchell is an interesting one as yes he won a Brownlow at Hawthorn but he was nothing more than really solid at the Swans.

Mitchell is an interesting one as yes he won a Brownlow at Hawthorn but he was nothing more than really solid at the Swans.

I think he was great for us in the short time we had him, and will always be our 2nd best player in the 2016 GF. He just happened to be 4th place behind three of our best ever midfielders at the time. Mitchell not getting games in 2014 was a joke.

It's him or ROK and ROK is hampered by 2012-2013 being the end of his career. Mills needs to do 2021 again to match Mitchell for a mid spot, and he probably will.

Heres the list of member numbers currently signed.. according to Herald Sun

West Coast 106,422
Richmond 84,948
Collingwood 70,000
Carlton 67,928
Essendon 60,678
Hawthorn 60,100
Port Adelaide 52,164
Geelong 49,055
St Kilda 43,500
Melbourne 43,000
Adelaide 40,000 +
Fremantle 40,000
Western Bulldogs 38,824
North Melbourne 38,756
Sydney Swans 35,722
Brisbane Lions 29,318
GWS Giants 25,094
Gold Coast 8,721

NSW & QLD lagging.. but the Swans are best of the non traditional aussie rule states.
Think the Swans will be aiming to crack 60k this year

Am I right in saying that the culture around Rugby League and Union, didn't involve becoming members of the club you followed? I know growing up and supporting (and playing for) certain League and Union clubs, that there was never a thought of becoming a member.

Also you're basing this off of players from 2012 onwards - LRT doesn't keep his spot based off of that form. His last 2 years he did nothing, while 2012 he was lucky to be in the side
If I was picking a H&A side, I doubt LRT makes it. If I am picking a side to win a GF, he is probably my 2nd or 3rd picked

and i think o'keefe is being under-rated too ... i'd have him starting ahead of mills and papley, without thinking of position
and malceski easily in starting side
i'd struggle to find a place for lloyd

best footy
2012-

Aliir, Johnson, Smith
Malceski, Grundy, Rampe
McVeigh, Hannebery, Goodes
Jetta, Reid, Heeney
Papley, Tippett, Franklin
Mumford, Kennedy, Parker
Mitchell, Jack, O'Keefe, Bolton

2002-11
Dempster, Grundy, Smith
Malceski, Bolton, Kennelly
Hannebery, Kirk, Goodes
McVeigh, Hall, O'Keefe
Davis, O'Loughlin, Schneider
Jolly, Parker, Kennedy
Jetta, Bolton, Williams, Maxfield

90s team?

best footy
2012-

Aliir, Johnson, Smith
Malceski, Grundy, Rampe
Jetta, Reid, Heeney
Mumford, Kennedy, Parker

2002-11
Dempster, Grundy, Smith
Hannebery, Kirk, Goodes
McVeigh, Hall, O'Keefe
Jolly, Parker, Kennedy

90s team?
Tippett !

best footy
2012-

Aliir, Johnson, Smith
Malceski, Grundy, Rampe
Jetta, Reid, Heeney
Mumford, Kennedy, Parker

2002-11
Dempster, Grundy, Smith
Hannebery, Kirk, Goodes
McVeigh, Hall, O'Keefe
Jolly, Parker, Kennedy

90s team?

Parker would not make the 2002 to 2011 team as I suspect he was drafted in 2011 and if not he played a very minor role in that period. Not sure about Grundy either as he found his form after 2011 as well, same with Jetta.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pyke >>>>> Hickey

Also Malceski deserves a spot over Gulden. I think the kid will be a gun but Malceski was a huge driver from defence

Also you're basing this off of players from 2012 onwards - LRT doesn't keep his spot based off of that form. His last 2 years he did nothing, while 2012 he was lucky to be in the side
I find your lack of faith (in LRT) ..... disturbing.

Parker would not make the 2002 to 2011 team as I suspect he was drafted in 2011 and if not he played a very minor role in that period. Not sure about Grundy either as he found his form after 2011 as well, same with Jetta.
Parker was drafted with Johnson, 2010 by which time was Grundy was already a fine player, blanketed opponents+rebound

so
Is it best football in the time of 2012-
or is it best football whenever but played for the swans in
2012-

anyhow both Jetta and Grundys best footy post 2012 absolutely qualifies them for this team both on quality and consistent reliable contribution

Parker was drafted with Johnson, 2010 by which time was Grundy was already a fine player, blanketed opponents+rebound

so
Is it best football in the time of 2012-
or is it best football whenever but played for the swans in
2012-

anyhow both Jetta and Grundys best footy post 2012 absolutely qualifies them for this team both on quality and consistent reliable contribution
Would never have Jetta

A better team would be from the start of the Roos era .

Roos vs Longmire era would be interesting.

1. Would either need to have played majority of their career with said coach

or

2. Come into the team by said coach

but the quality of their football during both eras counts too, so Grundy probably would not make the Roos era team based on what he produced when Roos was coach but he would make the Longmire team.

Roos vs Longmire era would be interesting.

1. Would either need to have played majority of their career with said coach

or

2. Come into the team by said coach

but the quality of their football during both eras counts too, so Grundy probably would not make the Roos era team based on what he produced when Roos was coach but he would make the Longmire team.
I feel like minimum 50 games under a coach and cannot be picked on both sides would be the best distinction

I feel like minimum 50 games under a coach and cannot be picked on both sides would be the best distinction

Possibly, but I feel like someone like Kennedy could be tricky as Kennedy undoubtably has played more games under Longmire than Roos but at the same time Roos was the one who saw his potential, head hunted him and brought him into the side.

Possibly, but I feel like someone like Kennedy could be tricky as Kennedy undoubtably has played more games under Longmire than Roos but at the same time Roos was the one who saw his potential, head hunted him and brought him into the side.
But his best time was under Longmire so should fall under the Longmire 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back