Discussion 2022 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo Saints granny this year. Tight game up until the last quarter where the holy Max King kicks 4 to win us the game.

But in all seriousness, freo look real good.

On Pixel 4 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

Am I missing something? I know this type of injury is pretty sad, but heartbreaking? Is there a backstory with Lachie Weller that eludes me? He's just a player who did a knee, he's not at the end of his career, where's the heartbreak?

I think it's just that they are finally playing good footy and losing a player will be a hit to their finals chances.

Harvey's last game. Will never forget the Hawthorn fans mocking him all through the game.
Was sickened by their arrogance and hoped Geelong would smash them the following week.
4 flags later.........

I remember thinking that we'd had our premiership window close after that match. Was there with my ungracious Hawks mate who was rubbing it in. Was pleasantly surprised in 2009 when the young guys stepped up.

MCG PA have got the BB DJ from 5 years ago, playing obscure Cure album tracks from Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me, and various 90's techno Orb songs.

Doubt anyone would know any of them.

I'd know the Cure stuff, but i'm not at the game.
Disintegration was a better album.

i can't believe they were almost spooners

I said before the season they were missing a lot of guns last year. Howe, Grundy, Maynard, Moore etc all missing or down. Pretty much the entire backline.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is it whenever we get up, there's always bloody Freo to have a rivalry with? Like an annoying little brother who always wants to come with you everywhere.

If they get a bloody cup before we get ours that is going too far. Then we find out that Andrew Lovett is actually one of the Football Gods.

Sure but he's not GAJ or even Rowell. Their hopes don't rest on him. I just don't get the heartbreak angle, as sad as it is for him. Players do knees fairly regularly.

I guess it's shit for him because he came in at their lowest point and was a big signing despite not quite being a star. He possibly done all the hard yards and doesn't get to drink in the good times.

Jonathon Brown needs to be removed from commentating forever. Immediately...

Taken over from stalwarts like Lingy and Jobe in "stating the bleedingly obvious and sounding stupid whilst doing it" club.

Am I missing something? I know this type of injury is pretty sad, but heartbreaking? Is there a backstory with Lachie Weller that eludes me? He's just a player who did a knee, he's not at the end of his career, where's the heartbreak?
Classic Murdoch media sensationalizing stuff. Everything on foxsports is 'heartbreaking' 'brutal' 'insane' 'shocking' etc.

Sure but he's not GAJ or even Rowell. Their hopes don't rest on him. I just don't get the heartbreak angle, as sad as it is for him. Players do knees fairly regularly.
No matter which player it is, it's heartbreaking when someone is going to miss 12 months of football. It unfortunately being a common injury doesnt mean people should only give a crap if it occurs to certain players.

Why is it whenever we get up, there's always bloody Freo to have a rivalry with? Like an annoying little brother who always wants to come with you everywhere.

If they get a bloody cup before we get ours that is going too far. Then we find out that Andrew Lovett is actually one of the Football Gods.

Always seem to have bizarre outcomes too. Whispers in the sky, sirengate, marking umpires, 71 point thrashing when we were shit and they were good, Ross theft during our press conference to announce his resigning......When ever St Kilda and Freo come together it's like a clash in Highlander movies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion 2022 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back