Autopsy 2022 Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

06 loss still hurts the most.
Today we weren’t in it after the first 5 minutes. Just had to suffer through another 2 hours.

my wife said isnt it better you just knew it was done early

my answer is no, because after is so embarrassing

nothing to hang the hat on
06 soooooo bloody close hurts the most yeah probably because you wasted it or a bad decision stands out

probably 96 type loss or dogs (put umpiring aside)' competitive but just not quite there is most bareable

It's not just the Reid selection that baffles me.

They pick McLean over Armartey which was an odd choice if Reid wasn't rucking.

And to top it off they drop Logan.

We'd have lost anyway, but in a year of conservative selection choices they picked an odd week to go the nuclear option.

I am watching a bit of the replay. We were really missing Reid at key centre bounces. Both Hickey and Mclean were very slow. A fit Reid would have given us a better chance at locking the ball in or tackling a Geelong mid.

Pre game I thought that Reid would be fit enough to be the 2nd ruck. And Mclean would be the full forward.

Game was over in the first 5 minutes when we couldn't get anything going at all.

After that it was just how many will they score.

So many 1v1's lost.

Granted, Geelong are physically much much stronger than our group, and we played straight into it.

Dumb.

Anyway, will just make next year even more great.

Tough day for you all today, we’ve been there many times and feel for you.
As always your club, captain and fans were all class today. Respect for playing the game and supporting your team the right way.
So many good players on your list including some future stars and current ones. It’s a long tough summer after today but you’ll be back up there next year.
Spot-on.
We have endured the pain of 2020 GF, the thrashing in 2021 Prelim, multiple other prelim losses, and this Swans team is so talented and deep that this game today will spur them on.
Nobody except the inner sanctum will know how sore your players were coming into this GF, and it's no secret that Geelong this year made a big point in managing players' loads.
Walking out of the G today was a reminder how classy Swans fans are, and the speech by Rampe was heart-felt by all.
As CS said, this win today was not derived in one season, it's a long process, and it seems Swans have come this far very quickly, and that success is not far away at all.

One of the worst things to add to that loss is I've had a heap of nuffies tell me how much better it would of been if Collingwood played today.

same wtf is that

Cats fans are all kind, good natured

even going out of their way to say chin up

pies fans think they somehow were vindicated today as the real premiers

Spot-on.
We have endured the pain of 2020 GF, the thrashing in 2021 Prelim, multiple other prelim losses, and this Swans team is so talented and deep that this game today will spur them on.
Nobody except the inner sanctum will know how sore your players were coming into this GF, and it's no secret that Geelong this year made a big point in managing players' loads.
Walking out of the G today was a reminder how classy Swans fans are, and the speech by Rampe was heart-felt by all.
As CS said, this win today was not derived in one season, it's a long process, and it seems Swans have come this far very quickly, and that success is not far away at all.

Classy post mate.
Your team was immense today, enjoy the win and congrats on a dominate season.

same wtf is that

Cats fans are all kind, good natured

even going out of their way to say chin up

pies fans think they somehow were vindicated today as the real premiers

It's ridiculous King. Couldn't get through to one of them that we deserved to be there today more than Collingwood. Ok then how about we just scrap the 3 finals before the GF and choose who we think should play by their logic.😑

All I can say is sign up Chad Warner for life - that guy is one of a kind.

Commiserations on the loss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For all the bashing JPK got in his later years, I would hope that if he was fit he would have been ol reliable in the middle that we desperately needed.

For all the bashing JPK got in his later years, I would hope that if he was fit he would have been ol reliable in the middle that we desperately needed.
Unfortunately I'm not sure JPK would have helped. The geelong mids just won the ball more cleanly and just spread too quickly for our mids to be able to defend, I feel JPKs lack of speed would have been exploited.

Probably best that he hadn't experienced this GF as his final game, especially after his performance in 2016 went unrewarded, this probably would have been a bitter pill to swallow.

Have just returned from a midnight Maccas run, and have settled down a bit from earlier in the day.

The big bodies in geelong’s midfield bullied us. Chad, Rowb, Gulden, Stephens will all get bigger, but that will take several more preseasons.

Our list in a very odd spot - a stack of young players (no doubt a factor of the buddy contract) below 23, and several older players holding key spots. - ramps, buddy, hickey, Reid. Given these players are so close to the end I don’t think it will be an easy rebound next season even if we are able to miraculously recover from yesterday’s mental scarring.

Reid was absolutely cooked. Was completely perplexing to see him moving around early in the game and grimacing. Hickey tried but I can confidently say cannot be relied on next year. I hope ladhams is stewing on how both his and the swan’s season ended. I don’t have confidence that he can sharply improve his mental resilience, but boy do we need him to

Lloyd can walk. A decent stopgap but lacks topend attack or defensive capability - particularly lacks in the latter.

I wasn’t particularly enthused with the buddy resigning then, and even less so now. Please do not wheel him out every week next year and neglect our future key forward stocks.

Why can we not get up for a grand final? No doubt home state advantage, and sleeping in your own bed holds some advantage, but whilst I can excuse the skill errors I cannot excuse the lack of effort, hunger for the contest or the off ball movement. I am sick of hearing people (not specifically us) say that “no one would beat the cats today”, it is very 2014esque and is a convenient way of absolving us of how horrible we played.

I can see next season being another tough transition year phasing out Dane, buddy and hickey.

We got it badly wrong at selection. For a start Reid should never have played. Then we picked McLean when Amartey was the man for the job. Then we put Campbell as Medisub, when Mcdonald would have been better. We also should have played Gould. Rampe was totally shite and is past his best. He was murdered today. Although maybe that was as much Longmire's match ups. He was on Stengle for much of the game and Fox played on Cameron. heck. I love Foxy, always gives 110%. About our best player I thought.

Longmire put Clarke on Stewart, did he listen to the stupid media for ****'s sake, when Wil did the job on him in round 2. Clarke, as much as he tried hard, was giving away 12cm for ****'s sake. Who believed that was a good idea?

The mids. The set ups were fu King so stupid. This is coaching at it's worst. Again we allowed them a loose player on the defensive side. I thought we got rid of that. Obviously not. They took advantage. Blitz and Danger thought they were playing school footy they got such easy ball.

This was the worst coaching display ever. Even 2014 pails in comparison. This guy is finished. He can't take this group further. He has no answers. He is cactus. Time to say thank you Horse, no **** off.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

but whilst I can excuse the skill errors I cannot excuse the lack of effort, hunger for the contest or the off ball movement. I am sick of hearing people (not specifically us) say that “no one would beat the cats today”, it is very 2014esque and is a convenient way of absolving us of how horrible we played.

I agree with that.

Geelong played excellent and fully deserved it. But we made it easy for them.

The momentum of any game can shift on key psychological moments. Maybe we could have absorbed the pressure at the end of the 1st quarter. Or not given up 3 quick cheap goals in the 3rd quarter. Then the game might have tightened.

I agree with that.

Geelong played excellent and fully deserved it. But we made it easy for them.

The momentum of any game can shift on key psychological moments. Maybe we could have absorbed the pressure at the end of the 1st quarter. Or not given up 3 quick cheap goals in the 3rd quarter. Then the game might have tightened.

I'm still trying to figure out why we couldn't just do some tempo footy like we did against Fremantle. When it looked like they were running away with it just get momentum back with our passing game. Played exactly into Geelong's hands with the stupid panicked chaos footy.

Game was over in the first 5 minutes when we couldn't get anything going at all.

After that it was just how many will they score.

So many 1v1's lost.

Granted, Geelong are physically much much stronger than our group, and we played straight into it.

Dumb.

Anyway, will just make next year even more great.
Yep, felt the same. After 5-10 minutes I was already getting 2014 vibes the way the game was panning out. They were slipping tackles, getting luck of the bounce etc. Had a feeling it was going to get ugly, but not 81 points ugly.

We got it badly wrong at selection. For a start Reid should never have played. Then we picked McLean when Amartey was the man for the job. Then we put Campbell as Medisub, when Mcdonald would have been better. We also should have played Gould. Rampe was totally shite and is past his best. He was murdered today. Although maybe that was as much Longmire's match ups. He was on Stengle for much of the game and Fox played on Cameron. *. I love Foxy, always gives 110%. About our best player I thought.

Longmire put Clarke on Stewart, did he listen to the stupid media for *'s sake, when Wil did the job on him in round 2. Clarke, as much as he tried hard, was giving away 12cm for *'s sake. Who believed that was a good idea?

The mids. The set ups were fu King so stupid. This is coaching at it's worst. Again we allowed them a loose player on the defensive side. I thought we got rid of that. Obviously not. They took advantage. Blitz and Danger thought they were playing school footy they got such easy ball.

This was the worst coaching display ever. Even 2014 pails in comparison. This guy is finished. He can't take this group further. He has no answers. He is cactus. Time to say thank you Horse, no * off.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app
We should have played Gould? Lol, what are you smoking mate? The only mistake was playing Reid in my opinion and I don't think any changes would have made a difference - Geelong were just simply better all day, man to man.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2022 Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back