Autopsy 2022 Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Must admit, didn't watch the lot, Geelong looked first in for the ball at centre bounces in Q1 - like it was a plan / knowledge that the ball would be dropped at the feet of the ruckmen. Don't follow footy so much, but perhaps both Stanley and Hickey are both not physically strong and hence. Ball seemed to be bouncing Geelong's way (50/50s / richochet's) early but in the end it didn't matter, Geelong looked primed.
We had no midfield presence what so over

7 goals to 0 from stoppages at half time

There's your game

Started with Hickey ended in Geelong's senior bodies

Every fn bounce went their way. Fortune favours the bold
Appeared Q1, that a lot of the centre bounces, the ball fell at the ruckman's feet and Geelong were first in and first out.

Its not better to get there and cop that type of performance if you have a crack and its a competitive game you can say yer we handled the pressure of the occasion well.

Ur side would of been more competitive today you almost got them just a few weeks ago.

That is all in hindsight though. The only thing that is certain is that you cannot win a premiership without qualifying for the GF first. You want to get there firstly and then you put your emotions on the line as a supporter. Whatever happens after that is an unknown. You just want to get there no matter what, f**k what everyone else says if you get beaten. To never get there is the real failure.

I'm angry. I'm hurt. I'm upset. And today was the first time I've ever felt embarrassed to be a swans supporter. I'd rather not make it at all if that's the type of shit we're going to dish up. Big changes need to happen in the off season. I don't know what those changes are and I'm not going to pretend that I do but I want to see this club do something about improving. For too long all I've heard is natural progress will get us there and I'm sick of it. Give me something to feel like as a club we're trying to be better. Natural progression isn't going to make us a 12 goal better team next season. I'm tired of looking like fools in grand finals.

I'm angry. I'm hurt. I'm upset. And today was the first time I've ever felt embarrassed to be a swans supporter. I'd rather not make it at all if that's the type of s**t we're going to dish up. Big changes need to happen in the off season. I don't know what those changes are and I'm not going to pretend that I do but I want to see this club do something about improving. For too long all I've heard is natural progress will get us there and I'm sick of it. Give me something to feel like as a club we're trying to be better. Natural progression isn't going to make us a 12 goal better team next season. I'm tired of looking like fools in grand finals.
I share your pain - although I’m a bit more circumspect.

My view - our highest paid players failed to turn up & we made a horrible selection blunder. Plus the opposition was red-hot.

Our 20 years olds are 5 years off peaking. Improvement will happen.

The big worry is the potential mental scarring. Teams who get massacred in a GF rarely challenge again quickly.

And Buddy - I can’t help but think the extra year is a poor decision by the club.

Tough day for you all today, we’ve been there many times and feel for you.
As always your club, captain and fans were all class today. Respect for playing the game and supporting your team the right way.
So many good players on your list including some future stars and current ones. It’s a long tough summer after today but you’ll be back up there next year.

Parker had 23 disposals, 10 of them contested, and laid 14 tackles, 6 more than any other player. A lot went wrong today but Parker, as always, played his heart out.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah, fair enough. I guess I'm just frustrated by the Parker/Danger match-up. Mills should have played on Danger IMO.

It's not just the Reid selection that baffles me.

They pick McLean over Armartey which was an odd choice if Reid wasn't rucking.

And to top it off they drop Logan.

We'd have lost anyway, but in a year of conservative selection choices they picked an odd week to go the nuclear option.
Mclean was never going to give more than Logan. Wasn't worth destroying the kids confidence over

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but a loss like today's has the potential to set you back a good 3 or 4 years- aside from Warner your mids were completely impotent. Review the game hard + don't cut any corners- own the performance and learn from it. You're far too talented to just brush this one off as an anomaly...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but a loss like today's has the potential to set you back a good 3 or 4 years- aside from Warner your mids were completely impotent. Review the game hard + don't cut any corners- own the performance and learn from it. You're far too talented to just brush this one off as an anomaly...
Tough but true.

Ultimately it’s up to the match committee to make the hard call, not the player.
Did Reid look as cooked on tv? I swear he didn't jump at all...I don't know what are our fitness tests but clearly not good enough.
I still can’t believe Reid put his hand up to play, really selfish decision, was hobbling from the time he took the ground😡

I know the coaching staff pick Reid, buy why can’t Reid just say, I can’t do this, I’m not fit enough, put someone else in, I’m thinking a selfish decision by Reid
As I said before, there seems to be an assumption that Reid knew he wasn’t fit enough and deliberately decided not to tell the coaches how he was actually feeling. However, it may be the case that he genuinely, but incorrectly, believed he was fit enough to play and the medical staff agreed with that view - and told the coaches that.

I don’t know what he or the medical staff really believed, or what they told the coaches, and as far as I can see, nobody else on this board knows either.

As I said before, there seems to be an assumption that Reid knew he wasn’t fit enough and deliberately decided not to tell the coaches how he was actually feeling. However, it may be the case that he genuinely, but incorrectly, believed he was fit enough to play and the medical staff agreed with that view - and told the coaches that.

I don’t know what he or the medical staff really believed, or what they told the coaches, and as far as I can see, nobody else on this board knows either.
The medical staff knew.

There are all sorts of agility and strength drills Reid would have been put through.

It was just a very, very, very poor selection decision.

Yeah for sure. Maybe we peaked earlier than we should have given it was on a few years back we were in the bottom 4.

Need to make hard choices with the list moving forward. Now we question the 1 year extension to Buddy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2022 Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back