Autopsy 2022 Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Can confirm definitely not the only s**t Geelong supporter at the game yesterday. I was in Q55 a predominately Geelong bay except for the top couple rows of swans fans, 1 absolute campaigner gave it to us all game from the start unprovoked, he kept going even when we were down 10 goals. Also copped a bit from a few younger Geelong fans when we left when the game finished. Pretty s**t form from a few of them which I wouldn’t expect from that club
Some very frustrated individuals out there. Only feel good about themselves and their presumably schitty lives when they think they're making someone else miserable.

It seriously makes sense. It's a very small detail, but actually says quite a bit about a person's character and how they're coping with the extra pressure
Or, it could say it's a bright day and the sun is hurting their eyes. I think the "sun" in "sunglasses" shouldn't be overlooked.

you can have the transcript of me watching

sample

me: what the *
no
make it stop
help
why won't the power go off
don't kick there
don't do that
oh buddy is playing
oh heeney is playing
not another cats goal
* another cats goal
s**t * s**t * wtf
another cats goal
oh what's that *en kick
do
something
sub reid off already
who picked him
oh * do i have to watch
don't kick there
oh another cats goal
oh another cats goal
Gold mate!

Buddy operates OK at CHF, that's where he needs to be. He can't clunk marks at FF, and we're not going to drop him. He needs to make up for his slower body by giving the ball off sooner, not attempting evasion/fend offs. Instructions to him need to be clear - if he can't mark it on the lead, then act as a decoy to create space at FF, and as soon as he gets under pressure, give it off, don't try to be Buddy from 5-10 years ago. If he doesn't follow instructions and we have someone performing in reserves, just drop him then. I suspect we're still building an attack around him, and the players are playing like it.

No idea what will happen with Reid now, but if he struggles to get back, then I'd just have Logan, Buddy, Amartey as the tall fwds Round 1 next year. Arguably should have been that for the GF (was my preference).

yep, agree with all that but i just don't see him changing his style of play tbh. It's either his body is feeling good for an impactful performance like v collingwood or he's completely cooked like the GF. There's no inbetween for him.

Just rewatching the first ten minutes - we didnt have a forward who could take a contested mark. Buddy, Reid, Heeney, all of them looked lost at sea. Every time we'd move the ball forward Geelong would instantly ping it back from the contest. So while I thought at the time it was our midfield that was getting dominated early, it was actually the forward line being completely inept that killed us.

After the Hayward goal McLean misses a tackle who should have stuck on Guthrie, after that, the rest is history.

Last edited:
Some very frustrated individuals out there. Only feel good about themselves and their presumably schitty lives when they think they're making someone else miserable.
I had a friend of my brothers, a Hawks fan, who I'd met a few times, but didn't really know that well - get my number off my brother, then call me in 2014 literal seconds after the siren went (I would have assumed first thoughts would be celebrating). I didn't recognise the number and wasn't in the mood, so left it, but he left a pathetic faux concern "Oh just checking how you are, hope you're doing ok, not too upset" message. Luckily (for him or me I'm not sure), I was in the middle of switching phone providers so before I got to listen, my mobile connection cut out for the rest of the day. It still took a fair amount the next day to not tell him what I thought of him. He also thought Goodes was a sook. I've calmed down now, but still think he's a bit of a knob.

Like if my team wins a flag, I'm happy they won. I'm not going out of my way to make others feel worse. It was bad enough my brother pretending he was a Hawks fan again (was in childhood) when they were doing well.

One thing that's pissed me off all season and saw it happen countless times in the GF was our players slipping over. LIKE WTF. I've seen it happen at the SCG numerous times and now this again. WEAR PROPER BOOTS. I don't give a shit about your sponsorship or the style, just wear boots that stop you from slipping over. flipping pet peeve but it's simple to fix. absolutely hate it. It was bone dry and still our guys are slipping over. ffs.

Next year we should expect significant improvement in players like McCartin x 2, Blakey, Campbell, Gulden, Warner, Stephens, Rowbottom, McInerney, Ladhams, Gould, Amartey, McClean etc which in itself will improve us considerably.
If players like Florent, Fox, Clarke, Parker, Hickey keep on or around the same level then ideally Heeney, Mills, Papley Hayward improve and compensate for potential drop off in Franlin/Reid/Rampe then we should be close to another GF

including the one we won
under longmire our first quarters of grand finals are

total

opposition.

he must have the worst pre game speeches 😂

lucky we came back in 2012 but we give up s**t starts

if my adding is wrong above apologies
Wow, great work, I’d not seen those numbers before. I’m a big fan of Horse but those stats are awful.

yep, agree with all that but i just don't see him changing his style of play tbh. It's either his body is feeling good for an impactful performance like v collingwood or he's completely cooked like the GF. There's no inbetween for him.
We're not dropping him, but there needs to be a consistent plan on how to use him. If he refuses to adapt, and not try to act like he's 25-30 year old Buddy, then he needs to be dropped. It also all depends on whether we have anyone to step up and do better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, great work, I’d not seen those numbers before. I’m a big fan of Horse but those stats are awful.

might be nothing to do with him i guess. but we start poorly every grand final under him

Next year we should expect significant improvement in players like McCartin x 2, Blakey, Campbell, Gulden, Warner, Stephens, Rowbottom, McInerney, Ladhams, Gould, Amartey, McClean etc which in itself will improve us considerably.
If players like Florent, Fox, Clarke, Parker, Hickey keep on or around the same level then ideally Heeney, Mills, Papley Hayward improve and compensate for potential drop off in Franlin/Reid/Rampe then we should be close to another GF
Let's just say I don't think Hickey, Franklin, Reid or Rampe will get better, or even stay the same, potentially all drop off. Reid's the youngest, so natural drop off with age shouldn't hit yet, it's just a matter of whether he can stay on the park. He had a fairly good run with injury this year (for him), but I'm not sure there's another year like that coming.

We're not dropping him, but there needs to be a consistent plan on how to use him. If he refuses to adapt, and not try to act like he's 25-30 year old Buddy, then he needs to be dropped. It also all depends on whether we have anyone to step up and do better.

As in we're not dropping him for the start of the season or like during the season? If the coaches have any balls they would drop him if he chucked up similar performance to that in the prelim and GF...

They had 124 marks to 62. How on earth we let them have that much time and space in a grand final is mind boggling. Too much defending grass and not enough man on man? For comparison Collingwood had 68 and Melbourne 77 in our finals against them.

As in we're not dropping him for the start of the season or like during the season? If the coaches have any balls they would drop him if he chucked up similar performance to that in the prelim and GF...
We're not dropping him for Rd 1. I did say we should drop him if he doesn't adapt to the way he should play. But then we've let champions of the club play on at times when they probably should be dropped. I suspect if he's not having the impact we want, we'll "manage" him a couple of times next year. But I doubt we'll see him playing reserves unless coming off an injury.

including the one we won
under longmire our first quarters of grand finals are

total

opposition.

he must have the worst pre game speeches 😂

lucky we came back in 2012 but we give up s**t starts

if my adding is wrong above apologies
Imagine if Hawthorn weren't missing 30m set shots in the first quarter and Mal's insane snap didn't float through.

12 first quarter scoreline could've been 7.2.44 to 0.4.4 and we could've been 0 from 4 under Longmire.

I reckon this highlights the entries Geelong where getting, straight out of the middle and into the forward 50. Probably also highlights repeat entries which Geelong are very good at.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2022 Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back